Taco’s First Owner Icon Collecting RTG- Welcome Petit!

FifaTaco
2228 posts Fans' Favourite
edited November 2021
The Goal

To obtain and try as many First Owner Icons as possible through SBC’s, Packs and Icon Swaps. With the end goal being owning every single available Icon. All while maintaining a healthy coin balance.

Thought it would be fun to try something different this year, unsure how realistic this is but will give it a red hot go.

The Rules

1. All players must be first owned while playing all modes excluding Icon related objectives such as Icon Swaps. Players may be bought and used if necessary for the completion of an Icon Swap objective.

2. The transfer market may be used to buy players necessary for sbc’s.

3. First Owned players that are NOT icons may only be used in Rivals/Champs until a full starting 11 of icons is achieved.

Post edited by FifaTaco on

Comments

• FifaTaco
    edited November 2021
    The Collection

Base Klose- Possibly the worst ST i’ve used this fifa.
    Base Okocha- Super smooth on the ball, glides past defenders, inconsistent shooting. Comparable to Dembele. Definitely a fun overall card.
    Base Maradona-

Mid Klose- A lot better than the base, can score from inside and outside the box, feels clunky on the ball. Not too bad from corners either.
    Mid Beckham-
    Mid Petit-
  • FifaTaco
    Reserved
  • FifaTaco
    edited November 2021
    The First Owner Icon Hall of Fame

Maradona :heart:
  • FifaTaco
    Have already completed the base icon sbc, and can confirm the first icon added to the collection is base Klose! :lol: Which of course is terrible but at this point anything that isn’t a duplicate can be considered as a win.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    But when will the reveal be?

When

WHEN
    WHEN?!
  • El_Nino
    10706 posts Has That Special Something
    This should be a fun thread to follow, hopefully you have some luck!.
  • FifaTaco

When

WHEN
    WHEN?!

You guys will never drop this will you :lol: I still laugh reading through some of the comments every now and then lmao
  • FifaTaco
    The club is currently in a decent position, approximately 3-4mil worth of value on the trade pile and club although as with most of everyone I’ve lost a fair few coins over the last few days.

Currently working towards Okocha, sbc is wayyyyyy overpriced but pack rewards aren’t that bad.
  • El_Nino
    What's your approach to Swaps when they come, quantity or quality?
  • FifaTaco
    El_Nino wrote: »

Really hard to judge without seeing the rewards, but I would probably say quantity over quality to start with. Will help with filling up the starting 11 a bit quicker I think.
  • El_Nino
    FifaTaco wrote: »

Really hard to judge without seeing the rewards, but I would probably say quantity over quality to start with. Will help with filling up the starting 11 a bit quicker I think.

That makes sense, I'd imagine fullbacks will be the most difficult position to fill.
  • FifaTaco

That makes sense, I'd imagine fullbacks will be the most difficult position to fill.

Definitely, will most likely prioritise those guys. Worst comes to worse can always play rm’s and lm’s at fullback in the short term
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class

When

WHEN
    WHEN?!

You guys will never drop this will you :lol: I still laugh reading through some of the comments every now and then lmao

😂. You will always be a forum legend to me because of that.
  • FifaTaco
    edited November 2021

When

WHEN
    WHEN?!

You guys made the thread what it was :lol:

Trying to work out the most cost effective way of completing the Icon Sbc’s. Sell all of the contents or recycle all the useless golds into the 78+ pick and sell off the silvers and bronzes?
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class

When

WHEN
    WHEN?!

Trying to work out the most cost effective way of completing the Icon Sbc’s. Sell all of the contents or recycle all the useless golds into the 78+ pick and sell off the silvers and bronzes?

Not sure if this is of any help, but I've been running this experiment the past week with 7.5k gold packs.

The figures in relation to consumables may be of interest to you as it could offset some of the cost if you went the 7.5k pack route.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/612722/gold-pack-project-a-pack-experiment-rtg#latest
  • FifaTaco

When

WHEN
    WHEN?!

Not sure if this is of any help, but I've been running this experiment the past week with 7.5k gold packs.

The figures in relation to consumables may be of interest to you as it could offset some of the cost if you went the 7.5k pack route.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/612722/gold-pack-project-a-pack-experiment-rtg#latest

Have been keeping up with that thread actually, interesting read for sure. Could definitely be something that helps in the future although the trade pile is full of various specials atm. Have been thinking about selling up so will definitely give it a try once there’s a bit more space freed up on the trade pile.
  • DannySTFC
    10419 posts Has That Special Something
    You need to earn my trust back before I take this seriously 😢
  • Robertjames86
    2050 posts Fans' Favourite
    Best of luck with it taco mate.
  • Kevin
    2085 posts Fans' Favourite
    Will you add a review about every player you try?
  • RayS
    37860 posts International Superstar

When

WHEN
    WHEN?!

Once a FIFATaco always a FIFATaco
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    M also gunning for every icon this edition

All d best
  • BadSeedsFC
    3179 posts National Call-Up
    RayS wrote: »

When

WHEN
    WHEN?!

Once a FIFATaco always a FIFATaco

Hear, hear 🌮⚽⚡
  • Gnomenclature
    8266 posts League Winner
    The legend has returned!
  • FifaTaco
    Kevin wrote: »
    Will you add a review about every player you try?

Will try to add a short review yeah.
  • Moose Factory
    6365 posts Big Money Move
    I think that thread might have been my favorite of all time. :D Definitely top 3. I used like 70 gifs in that thang. Classic.
  • FifaTaco
    I think that thread might have been my favorite of all time. :D Definitely top 3. I used like 70 gifs in that thang. Classic.
    Some of the gif work in there was top class I have to say.

Think I’ll put 50-100k into player picks and see what sort of return it brings back. Got Rulebreaker Sangare from one before who will be good for objectives down the line.
  • FifaTaco
    Slowly working through Okocha, just the 86 and 87 squad left to go now. Spent about 100-20k so far and down to 290k liquid coins. Still got heaps of stuff on the trade pile.
  • FifaTaco
    edited November 2021
    86 squad done now. Did a bunch of 78+picks, Kimmich, RB Kulesevski, Alba, Moreno, and an IF being the highlights. Down to 180k liquid coins but packed Fabinho from the reward pack so thats a little bit back
  • FifaTaco
    Just packed Kante from a 78+pick, fodder or use him in the team until he can be replaced with an icon?
  • Alano0031
    1272 posts Professional
    Just packed Kante from a 78+pick, fodder or use him in the team until he can be replaced with an icon?

Definitely use him, you can't fodder Kante. Will also be great for objectives.