So, how many coins did you lose tonight due to the crash? :D

Riotiga
1251 posts Professional
I bought Messi at 600k thinking it was cheap enough, yet he keeps dropping :'(
What about you guys?

Comments

• WLB_SENA
    449 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bought neymar at 700k, and messi 600k yesterday. 100k in one day. Don't care since I realy enjoyed them today, it is all virtual currency after all
  • 2easym8
    434 posts Sunday League Hero
    Actually sold RB Bamba for 169k just before it happened. Bought him for 173k, so lost about 13k. I feel as though I actually made money though considering his price now..
  • Adifunky
    909 posts Professional
    Maradona, puskas, Kessie. About 350K
  • Riotiga
    1251 posts Professional
    WLB_SENA wrote: »
    Bought neymar at 700k, and messi 600k yesterday. 100k in one day. Don't care since I realy enjoyed them today, it is all virtual currency after all

Virtual currency or not, it still sucks if I were you :#
  • Riotiga
    1251 posts Professional
    2easym8 wrote: »
    Actually sold RB Bamba for 169k just before it happened. Bought him for 173k, so lost about 13k. I feel as though I actually made money though considering his price now..

Haha silver lining and all that. Yeah at least you can buy him even cheaper now.
    Adifunky wrote: »
    Maradona, puskas, Kessie. About 350K

If you can afford all of them, surely 350k is nothing :p
  • SmokeSwift1
    4385 posts National Call-Up
    Lost 500k on my team and 150k on Trent investments
  • Moose Factory
    6207 posts Big Money Move
    I bought Joe Cole for 345k yesterday :s
  • greif44x2
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Value of my team has decreased by ~800k over last 3 weeks. At least the team is good 🙂
  • Riotiga
    1251 posts Professional

Ouch, so what's the next sound investment mate? :D

So are you selling or keeping him? Salah is probably coming soon as well.
    greif44x2 wrote: »
    Value of my team has decreased by ~800k over last 3 weeks. At least the team is good 🙂

Must be a very good team if you are losing that much B)
  • Moose Factory
    6207 posts Big Money Move
    I’m going to hang onto Cole. For now and just monitor.
  • greif44x2
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Riotiga wrote: »

Ouch, so what's the next sound investment mate? :D

So are you selling or keeping him? Salah is probably coming soon as well.
    greif44x2 wrote: »

Must be a very good team if you are losing that much B)

200k on Neymar, ~400k on CR7
    Pulled Messi when he was ~900k, look where he's now
  • RadioShaq
    19683 posts Moderator
    Problem is all the top players have been overpriced. People have been listing them like it’s past markets. A couple more weeks and everyone will be able to afford Neymar Messi and Ronaldo. I’ve just been using a cheap team for now.
  • DKCena
    1846 posts Play-Off Hero
    I bought CR7 a couple of weeks ago for 1,48 mio. He is 800k right now. But I pulled CR7 and Kante within an hour yesterday, so I live with it :)
  • xFATAL
    5485 posts Big Money Move
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Problem is all the top players have been overpriced. People have been listing them like it’s past markets. A couple more weeks and everyone will be able to afford Neymar Messi and Ronaldo. I’ve just been using a cheap team for now.

At some point the Icons need to start dropping. I know they take the longest to drop but they're way to high considering the better options for much cheaper.
  • Lackosweat
    10833 posts Has That Special Something
    200k on Cantona but I don’t mind as he will stay for a while. I got out of Ginola yesterday as he’s already drop nearly 300k since then.
  • IxToMxI
    8204 posts League Winner
    Should be ‘relative coins’ if your already invested in players / have a team then your relative coins haven’t actually lost any value as the other players have dropped by similar amounts, net worth has reduced.

The only way to actually lose coins if you sold now and the market heavily rebounded.

Therefore economically you’ve lost nothing even a lot of the icons have lost 100/200k apart from of course the very top tier
  • Amdp9
    6855 posts Big Money Move
    GOD this WL cost me 300k but I did get Red Vini not sure that was worth it
  • Nothing on my team as I got sick of this market long ago and went untradeable... I bought sif vinicius Jr though yesterday at 400k as an investment... now at 330k 🤣🤣... what a great investment that has been
  • Jordonp
    3018 posts National Call-Up
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    Should be ‘relative coins’ if your already invested in players / have a team then your relative coins haven’t actually lost any value as the other players have dropped by similar amounts, net worth has reduced.

The only way to actually lose coins if you sold now and the market heavily rebounded.

Therefore economically you’ve lost nothing even a lot of the icons have lost 100/200k apart from of course the very top tier

I would love for this to be true but it isn’t. This would be the case only if the drop in market was universal. It isn’t though. The crash is heavily impacting high rated / rare cards that are in Packs. Maybe for that reason it can’t really be called a crash.

For e.g I wouldn’t mind if De Jong dropped relative to Ronaldos price. But De Jongs price has held (because he’s out of packs/meta).

I also wouldn’t mind if the fodder dropped because I could dump my team and put the ins in fodder. But all fodder is holding and some are rising.

I expect there will be a rebound on prices but I don’t know if it will be heavy
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2021
    I technically haven’t lost any coins yet today, but I did buy a few cards that will probably drop even more unless EA pull their head out of their ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and save the game,
  • FrankFrank
    8979 posts League Winner
    Bought Mbappe for 1.22 yesterday. He is currently 1.07 :joy:
  • Rainaz
    1041 posts Professional

I understand the whole relative argument. But for instance my players are now 500k short of what they were 2 days ago. If I sold them and bought them today I'd have an extra 500k.
  • Swanz05
    6001 posts Big Money Move
    Hundreds of k total if I was to sell. Oops but it comes with the territory every year just not this early. Opposite of what happened last year iirc.

Confident prices will rebound at least a bit 🤞
  • Mathew1606
    2729 posts Fans' Favourite
    Technically not lost any

Just missed a window to make any profit on what i have,

Ultimately im down about 900k should i have sold up yesterday morning.

Im not going to sell so it’s irrelevant
  • IxToMxI
    8204 posts League Winner
    Rainaz wrote: »

I understand the whole relative argument. But for instance my players are now 500k short of what they were 2 days ago. If I sold them and bought them today I'd have an extra 500k.

Then you still haven’t lost coins, you missed an opportunity to profit, only winners here are those that have coin balances that use untradable teams
  • I SiR MartY I
    13632 posts Has That Special Something
    500 coins

My team is high rated low priced fodder players so they've not budged

Koulibaly, Dybala, Handan etc
  • Wizbit81
    432 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lost 300k since yesterday and around 900k altogether. Cheers EA 👍🏼 You offer fifa points which cost people their hard earned money should they choose to buy them, you then manage this market so people have actually now lost a lot of that hard earned money, pretty disgusting if you ask me.
  • ICUP
    6277 posts Big Money Move
    lost 0, buying players in this market is pointless unless you really want them so running an untradeable RTG which can easily compete.

Waiting on the league upgrade packs so I can spam Ligue 1 and hope for the best

• Murf1985
    1036 posts Professional
    Nothing my team is all untradable and my trade pile is full of 86s and RB Coates.
  • Riotiga
    1251 posts Professional
    Holy messi is now under 500k. To think that I bought him for 600k and never use him once :D