This input lag is just killing the game..

4dvz
1142 posts Professional
Nothing more to be said really. Every match is unplayable at the moment.

Comments

• JGDC74
    1388 posts Professional
    It’s especially bad today. Friendlies are usually unplayable at the best of times but I can’t do anything today.
    Even Rivals is bad today, and thats usually ok.
  • Diggy
    15571 posts World Class
    edited November 2021
    The worse part of input lag is when you pass but the player does a weak pass like he’s facing in the wrong direction
  • ElasticoRager
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Input Lag Champions
  • MrPinky
    552 posts An Exciting Prospect
    some say it s part of the game and we should treat it like a skill gap . Lol .
  • RonnyDinhoLeGoat
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’m so tired of it
  • TheMightyBee
    4041 posts National Call-Up
    Truly terrible recently, animations taking ages after button press and it just feels like a battle to control players at all.
  • Gooders66
    440 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2021
    It’s a broken mess EA must know it!!
    Post edited by Gooders66 on
  • JGDC74
    1388 posts Professional
    You see a clean pass, you press the button, and the animation takes so long that an opposition player runs up and blocks it and it bounces forward to a striker who scores. Ring any bells?
  • Andy87
    3969 posts National Call-Up
    JGDC74 wrote: »
    You see a clean pass, you press the button, and the animation takes so long that an opposition player runs up and blocks it and it bounces forward to a striker who scores. Ring any bells?

You're lucky you're getting the animation. I was pressing pass and nothing was happening.
  • JGDC74 wrote: »

I’m getting unpleasant flashbacks from champs
  • blue166
    1453 posts Play-Off Hero
    Actually this is the worst I have ever known it.

The game is terribly broken online.

I mostly play head to head Seasons and the game just doesn't have a clue. UK based and constant games against players in US and Mexico. This is the worst I have ever known it.

Online as a whole is just broken. Don't get me wrong I get some smooth games here and there but never known it this bad.

@EA_Roger - EA this is seriously broken across all online game modes.
  • JGDC74
    1388 posts Professional
    Andy87 wrote: »
    JGDC74 wrote: »

You're lucky you're getting the animation. I was pressing pass and nothing was happening.

Yes, I forgot about that one.
    You press the A button to pass and nothing happens even when nobody is near your player. I thought the problem with with my elderly Xbox controller so I bought a new one and it was exactly the same!
    Anyone know if this happens on PlayStation too, or is it just Xbox?

• Gooders66
    Just played to see if it’s any better and if anything it’s even worse,literally 1.5 second delay on button presses,it’s completely broken for me and unplayable…..again!!
  • JGDC74
    1388 posts Professional
    I had some joy late last night and finished the Fellaini objective.
    But just now played a couple of games and it’s unplayable again.
  • JGDC74
    1388 posts Professional
    For once I just found myself on the other side! Played a game of Rivals and totally dominated my opponent. I know it was all down to the one-sided lag and I felt sorry for my opponent so didn’t celebrate any goals.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Diggy wrote: »
    The worse part of input lag is when you pass but the player does a weak pass like he’s facing in the wrong direction

Is this what is happening to me lag as I get that all the time
  • number5
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I like this game better than last years but the delay I have in div 1 rivals right now is the worst I have ever seen. It takes a lot to say that with the garbage that EA have put out the past 5 years but at this moment in time, I have never seen the most unexplainable crap as I have for the past two weeks. You can’t play a game, much less enjoy it, when nothing you press/move/command does what it is intended. When my opps dembele is making amazing tackles and winning headers over VVD , the jig is up.
  • All4fun1991
    2989 posts National Call-Up
    MrPinky wrote: »

😂😂😂That’s the worst excuse people make for EA, how can that be a skill gap..lol
  • 4dvz
    1142 posts Professional
    edited November 2021
    MrPinky wrote: »

😂😂😂That’s the worst excuse people make for EA, how can that be a skill gap..lol

That must be a joke.. if a game is broken like this one is, it needs to get fixed. Of course someone can adjust to it being broken better than someone else, but it has nothing to do with the way this game is played for example offline, which mode again is not broken. Playing online should not be impossible without having to adapt to unplayable circumstances. Imagine forcing real life soccer teams to play in a swamp. It would not be called soccer anymore, it would be called swampball or something like that. A different game, not the one the players signed up for.
  • Stewie26
    394 posts Sunday League Hero
    Literally like playing in mud every game. It’s a bloody joke of a game
  • Joeznnn
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Thought it was just me.

Messi Neymar and Mbappe all feel like Peter Crouch.
  • AlbertoHallus
    72 posts Park Captain
    edited November 2021
    Played early this morning on old gen. Games ran really well, responsive players, felt in control. Came back earlier hoping it would be the same……nope. Back to players turning like battleships, misplaced and short passes about 5 seconds after the button has been hit, completely random player switching and impossible to tackle. Why EA why? Each and every player has paid a minimum of about 65 quid to play this edition and we shouldn’t be restricted to certain times of the day to be able to play without being inhibited by lag issues caused by the EA servers. Please please please address this or at least give us some acknowledgment or explanation!
  • Gooders66
    Played early this morning on old gen. Games ran really well, responsive players, felt in control. Came back earlier hoping it would be the same……nope. Back to players turning like battleships, misplaced and short passes about 5 seconds after the button has been hit, completely random player switching and impossible to tackle. Why EA why? Each and every player has paid a minimum of about 65 quid to play this edition and we shouldn’t be restricted to certain times of the day to be able to play without being inhibited by lag issues caused by the EA servers. Please please please address this or at least give us some acknowledgment or explanation!

That’s what’s so frustrating,they never explain anything,yet, before release the devs are everywhere,but once released they all vanish…..with all their cash!!!!
  • AlbertoHallus
    72 posts Park Captain
    edited November 2021
    Game is a fack1ng mess the moment
    Post edited by AlbertoHallus on
  • Steelcitysniper
    1770 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2021
    Ps5/series x feels like 100 ping on 15 lol
  • Rename123456
    429 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's on your ISP, you should call them - What everyone at EA is going to tell you LOL
  • AlbertoHallus
    72 posts Park Captain
    It's on your ISP, you should call them - What everyone at EA is going to tell you LOL

Call them and tell them my connection is fine and my download speeds are more than capable of dealing with online gaming? Yeah cheers EA 🤣