Moved from PS5-version to the PS4-version, and this happened...

FUTChamp2017
320 posts Sunday League Hero
First off: There's no secret I have been disheartened by the current rivals-system. Managed to fight my way up to division 5, rank 1 some time ago, and was kinda stuck there. You guys know the drill. Win, lose, win, lose, win, lose, lose, win, win, lose etc.

After reading multiple posts about the PS4-version being better / easier, I decided to give it a try myself today.

Started off with a couple Squad Battle-matches on World Class, and didn't notice any real difference.

Then I moved into rivals.

The difference is... UNDESCRIBABLE. Really. No ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

I've gone on a winning streak like I have never done before. I'm not exactly sure what the record is, but I have won between 8 and 11 matches, and lost only 1.

People are running around defending like headless chicken. They don't have a clue on how to defend. Most wins were ragequits from between 15 to 60 minues, winning 3-0, 4-0 etc.

I'm not meaning to brag or anything, but I just qualified for division 3. It's not exactly a feat, but that's not my point either. My point is that - if you know how to defend and like winning, you should definately move to the PS4-version. It's a whole other world, where poorer players don't get the HUGE benefit of having the CPU do all the defending for them (like in the PS5-version).

So... what are you waiting for? Try it out!

Comments

• Mrcosmo
    755 posts Semi-Pro
    I have ps5 and np getting into div 3 , im like 40years and have 3 children so casual 100 i really like ps5 much faster loading and the hair of the players lol
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2021
    I’m not putting up with the terrible last gen gameplay just to get more wins.

Plus I’m already in Div 2 anyway and I only play to 7 wins a week.
  • umgee
    277 posts Sunday League Hero
    I tried the PS4 version and it's crap too. A different kind of crap, but still crap.

I'd rather just play next gen because at least it looks better. And tbh, I barely play this game much at all already. I missed out on the 7 rivals wins last week and I've never even played a WL - that's how much I play (or don't).
  • Guillotine_Mack
    2873 posts National Call-Up
    I have series X version and the last gen version is terrible but that's just my opinion.
  • bigpokey24
    5808 posts Big Money Move
    the ps5 version actually improves your gameplay and you are better defensively.. the old gen is so Arcady. you get to play easy games and would become super boring. old gen is all about pace ,
  • FUTChamp2017
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    the ps5 version actually improves your gameplay and you are better defensively.. the old gen is so Arcady. you get to play easy games and would become super boring. old gen is all about pace ,

Yeah, that's what I've figured too. Having played the PS5-version (and manually defended) since early access have really sharpened my defence.
    I have series X version and the last gen version is terrible but that's just my opinion.
    To be honest, gameplay sucks in both versions in my opinion. The PS5-version helps ❤️❤️❤️❤️ players win against better players, whereas the PS4-version doesn't to the same extent.
  • Ps4 defending is the skill gap ps5 yes it looks good but tactics and player instructions don't work due to every game is ptb and overload ball side.

Passes on ps4 ate fast fluid on ps5 nope u have to spam power passes.

I may be old but on old gen am vsing ppl who have a varity in style we're on new gen it's the same old boring game
  • JRGnHoff
    188 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I love it, New gen sucks because people can't adapt to actually having to play soccer, no simple run through balls all day.
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2021
    JRGnHoff wrote: »
    I love it, New gen sucks because people can't adapt to actually having to play soccer, no simple run through balls all day.

Yeah I’ve noticed a few streamers like PieFace play old gen because they aren’t good enough to play new gen.

Old gen is for people who just want to play a silly game where every match ends 8-7 and skill does not matter at all.
  • ICUP
    6277 posts Big Money Move
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JRGnHoff wrote: »

Yeah I’ve noticed a few streamers like PieFace play old gen because they aren’t good enough to play new gen.

Old gen is for people who just want to play a silly game where every match ends 8-7 and skill does not matter at all.

New Gen isn't far off, driven passes have replaced standard passing. Unless you have pressure applied it's 2/3 passes and you are in on goal
  • WLB_SENA
    450 posts Sunday League Hero
    Been playing next gen since the beginning, will try ps4 version this week
  • agentxyz2
    1020 posts Professional
    Glad I made the switch to old gen a while ago. New gen was way to heavy with the AI Involvement and too many silly animations they added for "realism" but not great for fun gameplay
  • All4fun1991
    2991 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2021
    The game have multiple personalities but still better than 21..there are too many check points with win, loss, win loss situations, I think this is down to the ranks they added for upgrading rewards.
  • truegunn3r
    13035 posts World Class
    edited November 2021
    It’s not that the old gen is better. The only reason why you are getting more wins is because you are facing more casuals on old gen. Most of the hardcore players have moved onto new gen.
  • FUTChamp2017
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    It’s not that the old gen is better. The only reason why you are getting more wins is because you are facing more casuals on old gen. Most of the hardcore players have moved onto new gen.

That might also be a valid point. I agree.
  • truegunn3r wrote: »

Yes and no I had guy in elite top tier team beat me on Next gen he was pure ai defending so he sent abuse. I challenged him on old gen he rage quit at 4 nil.

Say what u want old gen has less ai involvement.

I.like next gen it looks so good but that's as far as it goes when custom tactics and player instructions don't work then there is no point I don't want ai bailing me out the same as my opp it's boring. And all next gen is tbh is driven pass galore and it gets boring
  • Hocus_pocus
    419 posts Sunday League Hero
    I got a series x the other week and already had old gen fifa 22 and couldn't be bothered starting again so stuck with it. Hearing very mixed things on next gen version so glad I didn't bother switching