Epic comeback special 22.

Robertjames86
1685 posts Play-Off Hero
This game is the biggest comeback special since the King himself came back in 68.

4-1 up the geezers giving it a good go but I'm repelling all his attacks playing well then all of a sudden 70th min my defence goes missing in action completely AWOL. I'd be the first to hold my hands up and congratulate the opponent if he had altered his tactics and come up with some fantastic way to hurt me. As far as I know he didn't and was just deploying the same tactics.
Aw well another wl qualification down the pan. Another hard luck story. Another one bites the dust.

This must be one on the greatest comebacks ever. Aye cheers Derek.

Comments

• vsK17
    362 posts Sunday League Hero
    I recovered from 1-5 in first half, 5-5 FT and 7-6 after ET. And he scored 3 goals in the first 6 min.

EA loved me that day and ONLY that day 😂😂

I feel for you, bro! Stuff like this happens to far too many people in far too many ocasions.
  • Robertjames86
    1685 posts Play-Off Hero
    vsK17 wrote: »
    I recovered from 1-5 in first half, 5-5 FT and 7-6 after ET. And he scored 3 goals in the first 6 min.

EA loved me that day and ONLY that day 😂😂

I feel for you, bro! Stuff like this happens to far too many people in far too many ocasions.

Thanks man. It's a tough one to take. That's fifa I guess.......!!
  • jamiemb17
    540 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Set up a 5-3-2 tactic and switch to that in those situations...that's my advice. Coming back is very easy against a naive opponent, and very difficult against someone who knows how to exploit the space you leave.
  • Shemson
    457 posts Sunday League Hero
    Went 3-1 up on 60th minute earlier and my opponent brought on pele with one loan game left :(
    After he equalised I went 4-3 up and then he scored in the second minute of one minute injury time.
    Needless to say I didn’t mentally recover and lost 5-4 hitting the post and the bar in extra time!
  • Robertjames86
    1685 posts Play-Off Hero
    Set up a 5-3-2 tactic and switch to that in those situations...that's my advice. Coming back is very easy against a naive opponent, and very difficult against someone who knows how to exploit the space you leave.

I get all that mate. This opponent wasn't doing nothing special that's the point. Il have to just take it to the corner pass it round the back negative tactics I guess. Anti football but what can you do.
  • Blackpoolmonster
    4802 posts National Call-Up

I get all that mate. This opponent wasn't doing nothing special that's the point. Il have to just take it to the corner pass it round the back negative tactics I guess. Anti football but what can you do.

Why would you not do that if hes coming back in the 70th? 😂
  • Robertjames86
    1685 posts Play-Off Hero

Not very sporting chum but I guess il have to change my outlook. Il reiterate the opponent was doing exactly the same thing my defense just seemed to clock off and pack up for the day.
  • gavin2903
    458 posts Sunday League Hero

Not very sporting chum but I guess il have to change my outlook. Il reiterate the opponent was doing exactly the same thing my defense just seemed to clock off and pack up for the day.

I keep saying I'm gonna do this, but then I start and 1 of 2 things happen, I feel bad and like and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ so I stop or I get bored and screw it up then opponent goes into beast mode for revenge as I was taking the ❤️❤️❤️❤️, its how it feels anyway 🤣
  • JGDC74
    1094 posts Professional
    I remember an epic comeback in FIFA 21. Opponent was playing constant pressure all game and went into a 5-1 lead. But in the second half his players were knackered so I used it myself and ended up with a 7-6 win.
    Satisfying result but the game is never fun when someone is using that broken mechanic.
    These days I just quit at the start when someone is doing that. I can’t be bothered with it.
  • Robertjames86
    1685 posts Play-Off Hero

I keep saying I'm gonna do this, but then I start and 1 of 2 things happen, I feel bad and like and 🎃🎃🎃🎃 so I stop or I get bored and screw it up then opponent goes into beast mode for revenge as I was taking the 🎃🎃🎃🎃, its how it feels anyway 🤣

That's pretty much it gav mate 100%.