Why was Volta Squads changed, its literally impossible to find a game?

I SiR MartY I
10233 posts Has That Special Something
Can't invite a friend to just play and have the empty spots filled with AI players, have to search online for randoms, then get a full team, then get told we can't find a game, but in 11 separate searches I can find 22 unique players, but can't get a game to start 4v4 .... its currently been 27 minutes of searching and still haven't gotten into a game of Volta Squads

But the mode can get all these gimmicks like power shot and speed boost added as well as the skill bar multiplier (none of which was needed btw) but actually getting into a game is impossible...

Comments

• I SiR MartY I
    Update- got into a game, screen was completely black after watching my pro do some skills and now the match won't start

GG EA
  • RayS
    35187 posts World Cup Winner
    Matchmaking is completely screwy, which is a shame bc I'd be playing a lot more if I could actually find matches.

It's like you say, players pop into my squad within seconds, but then matchmaking times out and sometimes crashes to the main menu...

It's almost as if none of the devs gave actually tried playing the game in Volta Squads 🤷‍♂️
  • I SiR MartY I
    RayS wrote: »
    Matchmaking is completely screwy, which is a shame bc I'd be playing a lot more if I could actually find matches.

It's like you say, players pop into my squad within seconds, but then matchmaking times out and sometimes crashes to the main menu...

It's almost as if none of the devs gave actually tried playing the game in Volta Squads 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, tried for 90 minutes last night, 0 games, it would search, put us in with a squad (my friend wouldnt see the other 2 half the time) then it would say no opponents found.

There was no need to change it from AI players filling the gaps and playing seasons, but EA made the change and now it doesn't work :/
  • Having the same issue. This is absolutely ridiculous.
  • RayS
    edited October 28

Yeah, tried for 90 minutes last night, 0 games, it would search, put us in with a squad (my friend wouldnt see the other 2 half the time) then it would say no opponents found.

There was no need to change it from AI players filling the gaps and playing seasons, but EA made the change and now it doesn't work :/

Actually now I'm having the exact same issue... Cannot find a match and when I do, I'm stuck in the loading screen (where your player is juggling) and it never loads the match...

Tried to go to EA help, but there's no contact option available at this time for reporting bugs...

@RadioShaq sorry I know you're GD mod, but who's mod for Volta? Anyway we can pass on word that match making seems to be completely shot in Volta Squads?

Literally cannot load a match even when players are found. I'm on Xbox Series S
  • RadioShaq
    18938 posts Moderator
    Best thing to do is check the bug report forum or make a post on ea answers bug report forum. You can get there by clicking on technical issues and bugs when looking at discussions here.
  • I SiR MartY I
    Best thing to do is check the bug report forum or make a post on ea answers bug report forum. You can get there by clicking on technical issues and bugs when looking at discussions here.

Already did, boss. Just felt like having a vent here
  • RayS
    Guess we just have to wait till next patch and hopefully they've fixed it 🤷‍♂️
  • I SiR MartY I

Yup, still can't find a game
  • RayS

Yup, still can't find a game

• jackm577
    90 posts Park Captain
    This problem still isn't fixed