Really difficult to play!

I know I am not good at playing FIFA.. but at least I still can win lot of games for World Class or Legendary mode in squad battles (FIFA 21 or earlier version). However I am suffering a lot during in FIFA 22...I really can't find any fun playing in FIFA 22. That's no different between professional, world class or Legendary...all are the same difficulty. Anyone has the same feeling? Or did anyone report to FIFA about this situation?

Comments

• ozcs_69
    4846 posts Big Money Move
    squad battle is harder this year, try rival
  • Bill1250
    20 posts Last Pick at the Park
    SB is so much harder this year the AI are just riduclous, Play the bronze teams on world class but they score like Messi even on semi-pro sometimes haha! Get the 5 goals and just accept they will score.

Someone at EA decided to make the AI park the bus for 90 minutes and this whole game mode is ruined.

• wascaps1
    13 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Ditto for me. EA want money from all of us. That’s all they care!!!
  • SB are boosted in difficulty this year (and many times kind illogical).
    My advice for you, is to play higher difficulty against teams that have a low chemistry instead choose a minor dificulty for teams with higher chemistry or that have many top players.
    I play legend in SB and against bronze or silver squad it's possibile to play.
    Never pleyed extreme, but i have no doubt that extreme will be irreal and illogic also against full bronze squad
  • leon1309
    4339 posts National Call-Up
    How do you actualy defend in this game. Seems to me like AI has magic shield and my player instead of going for the ball in straight line, make a weird circle around the player with the ball or some other ilogical movement just enough so I dont get the ball. I havent played fifa in few years ( switched to pes) and it seems I just dont get the gameplay.

Tried jockeying only, still no really better results.
    My players are either superstars or complete morons...but in both Times I dont really feel like I am in control of the game.

Any tips would be aprishiated.
  • I have come over from FIFA 20 and just started in 22, The player movement seems less precise but more realistic than in earlier versions of the game. Basic defense seems the same- I was pretty good on defense in earlier versions but new to 22, so take these with a grain of salt.

1. As much as possible “defend” with your midfielders so your back line doesn’t lose its shape.

2. Jockey or contain until you get an opportunity to tackle then use the circle, avoid slide tackles as much as is feasible.

3. Defenders block so be passive and keep the middle of the field clogged so opponents have to shoot from out wide (this seems less effective and harder to accomplish in 22 but still good advice)

4. Defend the potential passes-do not just focus on the guy with the ball, especially when he is not in a dangerous area, read the other attackers and position midfielders to cut the key passing lanes. Watch for players making runs-close the passing lanes.
  • USJ11
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Yesssss….impossible to defend and it seems we are destined to loose whenever we play. Pace is super slow but AI pace is faster and they work like magic!!! Switching back to fifa21….
  • jbunnerz
    1337 posts Professional
    Just played SB on WC team had 9 chem. goosens made 13 saves and they scored twice from 30 yards😂 then lost connection to servers after winning. Was a great game
  • Jawhizz17
    57 posts Park Captain
    Ditch squad battles. It’s infuriating if your playing on world class or above. It’s broken really.

If you play on professional you batter the opponent and zzzzz.

Play rivals. If you’re even an average player you’ll make d6. Automatically you’ll improve because you’re playing humans. Slowly creep to 5-4-3-2 etc
  • bigpokey24
    5691 posts Big Money Move
    yeap, SB is way harder than WL and Rivals(Div 1) for me ( ps5) however i play SB a lot , I play on Worldclass and finish Elite1 . I have found SB very useful when it comes to defending in rivals or WL .
  • bigpokey24
    5691 posts Big Money Move
    leon1309 wrote: »
    How do you actualy defend in this game. Seems to me like AI has magic shield and my player instead of going for the ball in straight line, make a weird circle around the player with the ball or some other ilogical movement just enough so I dont get the ball. I havent played fifa in few years ( switched to pes) and it seems I just dont get the gameplay.

Tried jockeying only, still no really better results.
    My players are either superstars or complete morons...but in both Times I dont really feel like I am in control of the game.

Any tips would be aprishiated.

use the ls to defend move back and forth .. not side to side