How do you DEFEND ????

GoonerSoldier
465 posts An Exciting Prospect
How do you defend in this game ? Scoring is fine but defending is absolutely RIDICULOUS right now on Legendary difficulty. 1) you ALWAYS have to call for 2nd teammate because the AI give attackers sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much space. Midfielders do absolutely NOTHING to track runners. Why does EA make the game completely UNBALANCED ?

Comments

• Broly23
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    How do you defend in this game ? Scoring is fine but defending is absolutely RIDICULOUS right now on Legendary difficulty. 1) you ALWAYS have to call for 2nd teammate because the AI give attackers sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much space. Midfielders do absolutely NOTHING to track runners. Why does EA make the game completely UNBALANCED ?

Yeah i think the same way.. even with the updates still no change...
  • Lajqi
    31 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Same, opponent will have more players in the box than I do defenders. This game is a absolute mess.
  • Chyp2075
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I agree. I've tried to balance it out a little bit and I do believe I improved a lot at defending in this game, but sometimes I'm just powerless and feel like I can't do anything to prevent goals.
    Also, one thing that makes it harder is the inconsistent goalkeeping, and the near post finishes:
    When a player is on a closed-angle I would expect my goalkeeper to cover all the possible areas of my opponent scoring but they just let it brush the near post and go in.
  • You have to play to intercept passes. Everything needs to be built around cutting passing lanes & making sure the ball handler is isolated until you can press to force a mistake. Last year was all about tackling. There are just less options this year on defense, and honestly if you're not playing 4 at the back, with Backs told to stay back and 2 CDMs, you're gonna give up a lot of goals b/c of the press/passing.

Like I just got out of a game yesterday where I tackled FIVE times straight and still didn't get the ball back, it just bounced behind the AI & it instantly recovered, or it bounced to one of their waiting teammates or they immediately tackled it back off of me before I could find a teammate to unload it on. But if you intercept or force a bad pass you get it immediately & have time to pass.

Plus it depends on what version you're playing. The game is completely and totally different on PC/old gen than it is on next gen. It's not even accurate to say I play "FIFA 22" when you're talking strategy. It's "FIFA 22NxtGen" or "FIFA 22OldGen" based on the conversations I've had with people.
  • GoonerSoldier
    465 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Dhirvish wrote: »
    You have to play to intercept passes. Everything needs to be built around cutting passing lanes & making sure the ball handler is isolated until you can press to force a mistake. Last year was all about tackling. There are just less options this year on defense, and honestly if you're not playing 4 at the back, with Backs told to stay back and 2 CDMs, you're gonna give up a lot of goals b/c of the press/passing.

Like I just got out of a game yesterday where I tackled FIVE times straight and still didn't get the ball back, it just bounced behind the AI & it instantly recovered, or it bounced to one of their waiting teammates or they immediately tackled it back off of me before I could find a teammate to unload it on. But if you intercept or force a bad pass you get it immediately & have time to pass.

Plus it depends on what version you're playing. The game is completely and totally different on PC/old gen than it is on next gen. It's not even accurate to say I play "FIFA 22" when you're talking strategy. It's "FIFA 22NxtGen" or "FIFA 22OldGen" based on the conversations I've had with people.

Is the Gameplay better on Ps5 Next Gen ? Because on ps4 old gen it is complete TRASH 🗑.
  • blupont
    19 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Posession paired with second man press.
  • I have the same problem! I don't know if it's just me who's bad? But it is insanely difficult to defend in legendary. I feel like the opponent is getting better in some scenarios when you play. Often when I'm in front 2-0 they just transform into godlike players. And the team doesn't matter. I could play against Reading as Man Utd, and they just all of a sudden kick my ❤️❤️❤️❤️ when i have to defend! It's really frustrating! :D