Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Will hoarders ruin fifa 16 from the start?

Damo_Suzuki
2054 posts Fans' Favourite
Around the beginning of this fifa I remember Sturridge was 60k and I even paid 20k for fernandinho!

Will these initially desirable players simply be hoarded to extinction from the start? And will EA be stupid enough to keep increasing the ranges to encourage them?

If so, FIFA 16 will be a complete waste of time for those of us who can't be bothered wasting our existence 'sniping'.

Comments

• Darfi02
    3415 posts National Call-Up
    depends how well the 'other' problem is contained
  • woggyboy86
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero
    something needs to be put in place to stop hoarding but doubt it will. guess I'll be using a lot oof pack only teams on fifa 16 :)
  • ukler8
    4750 posts National Call-Up
    No. Next year we won't have this problem. As hopefully the "other" problem will be solved and there won't be any inflation.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    Even if the coin glitch is sorted as soon as people had any amount of coins from trading, luck or playing they would simply snipe a desirable player knowing EA will increase ranges and they will profit? Then repeat
  • Ykr
    3041 posts National Call-Up
    ukler8 wrote: »
    No. Next year we won't have this problem. As hopefully the "other" problem will be solved and there won't be any inflation.

At the start of every FIFA players are expensive even with no inflation or coin selling, so if EA don't get the ranges correct everyone will be extinct
  • Why are players extinct? Cause almost everyone is able to afford these players. Why is almost everyone able to buy rare players? Cause some/most have bought coins. Why are coins cheap and you can loads of them? Cause the glitch is still working.
  • ukler8
    Ykr wrote: »

At the start of every FIFA players are expensive even with no inflation or coin selling, so if EA don't get the ranges correct everyone will be extinct

But a few people get a head start due to bought coins so that won't be there hopefully
  • anjelikmatko
    811 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 2015
    if there will be coin selling there will be the same hoarders as now and fifa is going to be the same experience for whole year... so all depends on it...
  • Dez1888
    1152 posts Professional
    edited August 2015
    I have to say I think the ranges were a success at the start and achieved what EA tried to do. Now they are laughable, players were supposed to be attainable which they most certainly are not, take Zarades as an example, extortionate and extinct....or at least was extinct. If these ranges carry over to FIFA 16 like I suspect they will, then they must tell everyone at the start that they are not going to change ranges and stay firm on not changing them.
  • Mr_Don123
    2282 posts Fans' Favourite

Nah, at the beginning everyone wants coins so the players they got from packs they will want to sell otherwise they have no coins.
  • ukler8

But a few people get a head start due to bought coins so that won't be there hopefully
  • Damo_Suzuki

But can't people get a head start from legitimate trading or fifa points then still hoard if they target the same desirable players? Players will increase in price naturally from the start as people get coins from playing surely? So why wouldn't people speed this up by hoarding?
  • Ykr
    3041 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2015

I mean on the Web App, people trade :P
    Remy was 30k due to his pace
  • No doubt Fifa 16 will be a mess
  • Damo_Suzuki

I mean on the Web App, people trade :P
    Remy was 30k

Yup, I know if I was a hoarder I would trade like mad then hoard the instantly desirable players such as Remy, Sturridge, Koscielny etc. Players like these are in demand and climb in price once people move on from the lower less desirable gold players you start with.
  • Craggus
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    It takes about 10 weeks of TOTW for there to be any real desirable IFs so prices for in demand NIFs are always high until TOTY/Christmas when the initial floods of packs come in following release.

It's all down to cardweight, initial price ranges and division prizes etc to determine whether players are available at the start.

It will only work if there is no coinselling/coin glitches, if there are any sign of these in 16, it's going to be awful from the get go.
  • ryan217
    2910 posts Fans' Favourite
    If EA make a statement that they will never increase any players price range, start them off high for anyone desirable/new TOTWs etc and gradually bring them down then it shouldn't be an issue. Hoarders will probably still try it but once a couple weeks go by and there's no change in ranges then they'd be forced to sell due to having all their coins wrapped up in those players and plenty hitting the market that they simply can't afford to snipe.

The only problem I can see is if the glitchers get pissy and decide to buy every version of a desirable player/IF out of spite.
  • Die Geißböcke
    485 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2015
    Even if the coin glitch is sorted as soon as people had any amount of coins from trading, luck or playing they would simply snipe a desirable player knowing EA will increase ranges and they will profit? Then repeat

Your right. The only way price ranges will ever work is with a cap on how many times you can have the same player should be 2
  • Axman UTD
    1360 posts Professional
    If the coin problem is solved why would we need price ranges anymore at all?

• Damo_Suzuki
    Axman UTD wrote: »

I suppose to stop autobuyers picking up players for cheap. Unless the web app transfer market is never going to return.
  • Damo_Suzuki

Your right. The only way price ranges will ever work is with a cap on how many times you can have the same player should be 2

I don't see why they wouldn't implement this. I really hope they do. It would limit the method of trading I used this year but I think it's in the interests of a fair game.
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    ryan217 wrote: »
    If EA make a statement that they will never increase any players price range, start them off high for anyone desirable/new TOTWs etc and gradually bring them down then it shouldn't be an issue. Hoarders will probably still try it but once a couple weeks go by and there's no change in ranges then they'd be forced to sell due to having all their coins wrapped up in those players and plenty hitting the market that they simply can't afford to snipe.

The only problem I can see is if the glitchers get pissy and decide to buy every version of a desirable player/IF out of spite.

I agree with this for non informs - But for example totys constantly crashing it doesnt making any sense
  • Deeenilo
    1201 posts Professional
    I do think FIFA 16 will be a disaster thats Why i do not plan to Buy it
  • Die Geißböcke
    485 posts Sunday League Hero
    Axman UTD wrote: »

I think with prices contained more it will be possible to get a great team even just by playing matches, will take a while but it will be possible . I don't mean the likes of Ronaldo Messi I mean like Ribery's and Hazards. They would of been unthinkable to get through only playing games to achieve before the 1st TOTS crash