Fut Champions is such a joke this year.. The only real mode is Play-offs

Toshevv
1346 posts Professional
Honestly I am 8:0 and I just finished my first game ... Nobody is actually playing whoever dings 8 wins just gifts 12 wins . From those 8 games I Have total play time 180 minutes.

I mean whats the points? Rewards are great but with our new systems nobody is staying in games? Div Rivals you need 8 wins and thats it if someone scores first you just leave and u are at the checkpoint..

Fut champs ok he is playing better I will quit at 1:0 or 0:0 I will still get a point... Since you get a point for lossing you have to lose 12 times to finish 8-12..

Nobody is scrapping or fighting .. Old SYSTEM was much much better..

There should be ZERO POints for losing make rewards easier to achieve but giving points to losing just encourages people to non stop rage quit and leave unless they score first

Why you fight for rewards where you are encouraged to quit in all games modes?

Friendlies - Unwritten rules whoever scores first you quit or something like that
Rivals - U quit to avoid promotion or u quit the minute u receive a goal since you need 8 Wins so why bother ? Before you needed 12000 points so u had to play the games ..

Fut plays-off is the only mode that people play for real since you have to win 5 from 9 ...

Fut champs ok I need 8 wins I can quit every other game my opponent scores first I mean even rank 4 rewards that need 6 wins and 14 loses...

Comments

• Easy fix 4 points a win 0 points a lose if u can't win 2 in 20 then your bad
  • Theomanny
    2699 posts National Call-Up
    I was typing thesame as u but i lost them while trying to send it. I have just finished my games. Was so mad after work so decided to quit games cos the delay was horrible. I started giving people free wins until i got to number 8 and people started giving me free wins. Lo and behold i was gifted 6 wins and won last two for rank 3. The mode is now pointless and the fear we all alarmed at the start is now a reality. I finished all in 1 hr
    g5CFmoM.pngSZxDKsj.pngFecPn4p.png
  • Mutu10gol
    2994 posts National Call-Up
    Stop playing then, easy👍
  • Fifapayne
    5128 posts Big Money Move
    Just make it ranks against
    Forget the point system
  • Riotiga
    1118 posts Professional
    I dont know why EA wont just make it Win-system again when it's clear that without the loss points, the ranks are based on the number of wins anyway (4,8,12,16 wins)
  • kdirt
    352 posts Sunday League Hero
    Toshevv wrote: »
    Honestly I am 8:0 and I just finished my first game ... Nobody is actually playing whoever dings 8 wins just gifts 12 wins . From those 8 games I Have total play time 180 minutes.

I mean whats the points? Rewards are great but with our new systems nobody is staying in games? Div Rivals you need 8 wins and thats it if someone scores first you just leave and u are at the checkpoint..

Fut champs ok he is playing better I will quit at 1:0 or 0:0 I will still get a point... Since you get a point for lossing you have to lose 12 times to finish 8-12..

There should be ZERO POints for losing make rewards easier to achieve but giving points to losing just encourages people to non stop rage quit and leave unless they score first

Friendlies - Unwritten rules whoever scores first you quit or something like that
    Rivals - U quit to avoid promotion or u quit the minute u receive a goal since you need 8 Wins so why bother ? Before you needed 12000 points so u had to play the games ..

Fut plays-off is the only mode that people play for real since you have to win 5 from 9 ...

Fut champs ok I need 8 wins I can quit every other game my opponent scores first I mean even rank 4 rewards that need 6 wins and 14 loses...

Appreciate your opinion, but for me, I just qualified for the WL on my 4th try. Obviously, I’m not as strong a player as you, but it’s great to finally have a sense of relaxation after sweating out 5 wins.
  • MrRoadToGlory
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I finished 12:3 (gave my games away) and only got 1 free win and some rage quits by 3-0 and more. Also in div 1 rivals I never get any quick leavers.. maybe because I am not that good 😅
  • Toshevv
    1346 posts Professional
    @kdirt

Bro what relaxation this will get worse and worse ? I mean this is the mode that people tried hard . Listen even 13 wins was a big win for people last year they connstantly improved I have many friends that started silver 3 and then finished gold 1 after hard battles..

@Theomanny I mean tis ridicilous especially at lower level achieving 8 wins u can do without playing people will gift them to you... Then nobody is playing rivals for what are we building squads?
  • Toshevv
    1346 posts Professional
    Just received back to back gift wins..
  • I SiR MartY I
    11425 posts Has That Special Something
    Easy fix 4 points a win 0 points a lose if u can't win 2 in 20 then your bad

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
  • Safckje
    828 posts Semi-Pro
    I gifted my last few tonight but I didn’t get one person doing it to me.
  • You are too desperate for WL to be a competitive mode.

Accept that it's not.
  • Chet
    683 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Shouldn’t come as a massive surprise. With the changes EA have made to WL(rewards nerf, leaderboards) it’s clear they want to make champs more appealing to a range of players. Not just the hardcore.

Rivals (Elite division) is the only true ‘competitive’ mode this year.
  • Squirty_Gash93
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just bring back the old mode. 2000 points and wins needed.
  • I SiR MartY I
    11425 posts Has That Special Something
    Just bring back the old mode. 2000 points and wins needed.

No thanks

Long live 0-20 gang
  • David12344
    20060 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2021
    Tbh I agree I love the qualifying it’s thrilling

However I also like the fact it’s only 20 games now and chilled and I can spend rest of my weekend with my family not worrying about can I finish my gameS and will I make my rank at the back of my mind. Or stay up late to finish.

Also it boosts your coins balance much more

But I do understand where you are coming from mate. It’s just this way is my personal preference

Maybe go for elite division you are clearly very good. That’s competitive no ?
  • JayUnited9
    1243 posts Professional
    People really do love to complain. Not everyone has the time to sit through all 20 games from start to finish, especially if they're sweaty/stressful matches. At least now even the below average players can get reasonably good rewards when in previous years they wouldn't have. I honestly can't see how it's problematic for you what other people decide to do in the game
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    7528 posts League Winner
    If you want competition play rivals and get to the elite division, stop thinking that fut champions is a competitive game mode anymore, its literally just for rewards now..
  • Toshevv
    1346 posts Professional
    Below average players wont QUALIFY... Thats the absurd the bad players will miss weekend league and the average ones because Play off are actually hard..

Most people below DIv 4 are not in weekend league. And dont say I AM div 5 and qualified... Many people in div 3 also do not qualify if they have bad RNG

Whoever spent 2-3 attempts to qualify will already miss atleast 2 weekend leagues

The absurd is WL is gated behind hard play off and then the above average players gift each other wins..
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    7528 posts League Winner
    Below average players wont QUALIFY... Thats the absurd the bad players will miss weekend league and the average ones because Play off are actually hard..

Most people below DIv 4 are not in weekend league. And dont say I AM div 5 and qualified... Many people in div 3 also do not qualify if they have bad RNG

Whoever spent 2-3 attempts to qualify will already miss atleast 2 weekend leagues

The absurd is WL is gated behind hard play off and then the above average players gift each other wins..

Why are you just spitballing random information with no proof but then saying "and dont say i AM div 5 and qualified"

I have 3 friends (small sample size sure) who are div 5/6 players and they are all qualified for WL this week by playing through their qualification games on friday
  • JayUnited9
    1243 posts Professional

Play offs aren't that hard. I qualified with ease both times and I would consider myself an average player at best. I'm sure poor enough players would be able to qualify too given a few attempts
  • Toshevv
    1346 posts Professional
    JayUnited9 wrote: »

Play offs aren't that hard. I qualified with ease both times and I would consider myself an average player at best. I'm sure poor enough players would be able to qualify too given a few attempts

Yes but the system rigt now is YOU have 6 attempts for the whole season.. If you waste 2 or 3 to qualify for one you will miss 3 weekends leagues for sure.. So you wont even particiapte . By end of season most bad players and average ones wont have nothing to do no play offs and no weekend league
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    7528 posts League Winner

Yes but the system rigt now is YOU have 6 attempts for the whole season.. If you waste 2 or 3 to qualify for one you will miss 3 weekends leagues for sure.. So you wont even particiapte . By end of season most bad players and average ones wont have nothing to do no play offs and no weekend league

You have 7 attempts for the whole season and every season is a month long, in a month there can only be 5 weekends meaning you can fail to qualify twice and still play in every WL, sure its a bit harder but most people will be able to qualify if they actually try and play on times when alot of the good players are already competing in WL
  • JayUnited9
    1243 posts Professional

Is that the way it works? I just assumed you get those attempts per week, didn't realise it's per season. That's a bit of a joke in fairness
  • Toshevv
    1346 posts Professional

Is that the way it works? I just assumed you get those attempts per week, didn't realise it's per season. That's a bit of a joke in fairness

Yea thats how it works.. Thats why I said play offs are kinda fun thrilling cuz if U fail twice u may end up missign weekend leagues and then u have no play offs so last two weeks u can play only rivals

if u are in wrong diivision good luck
  • Squirty_Gash93
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I’m in div 5 and currently 5-1. All be it I don’t really play much rivals due to the 7 win cap. My friend who is in div 6 made it into champs and he plays rivals only.
  • ApeTomato
    71 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Agree so much. Its not even fun anymore. I want an actual competition.
  • chiholam
    1494 posts Play-Off Hero

You do realise that in terms of Wins - the system now is the same as the old one?

Last year, losses did not give you a point, but they did not count. Only wins did. Losses this year don't count either really, but you don't get them if you don't start. That's the only difference.

You say you need 8 wins, 12 losses. No you don't you need 44 points - that can be made of 8 wins (32) + 12 Losses (12) = 44. If you like the old system, then by all means, play to win 11 to get your 44, and then stop.

And you only say you need 8W/12L because that's the rank for auto entry for WL Qualifications - why are you not playing to higher? You're only going as far for the reward/re-qualification.

If they took away Loss points, and simply required 8Wonly, then some players would not bother to enter and SHOCK, be nice to each other. It's actually encourage good community behaviour (in my opinion).

If you hate it so much - here's a way to do it. Every time someone gives you a win, then you deliberately balance it off a little by losing the next 2, and give yourself the challenge you want?
  • Jamieshore22
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    I was just about to post something similar…

Just finished. Got to 8 wins, was gifted 4 of those and gave my last 5 wins away. Rewards are much better and plays are fun but the ranking system has killed it as a serious game mode.

I can’t work out if I’m happy or not about this.

I packed totw Hernandez though so I’m going with happy!
  • Toshevv
    1346 posts Professional
    chiholam wrote: »

You do realise that in terms of Wins - the system now is the same as the old one?

Last year, losses did not give you a point, but they did not count. Only wins did. Losses this year don't count either really, but you don't get them if you don't start. That's the only difference.

You say you need 8 wins, 12 losses. No you don't you need 44 points - that can be made of 8 wins (32) + 12 Losses (12) = 44. If you like the old system, then by all means, play to win 11 to get your 44, and then stop.

And you only say you need 8W/12L because that's the rank for auto entry for WL Qualifications - why are you not playing to higher? You're only going as far for the reward/re-qualification.

If they took away Loss points, and simply required 8Wonly, then some players would not bother to enter and SHOCK, be nice to each other. It's actually encourage good community behaviour (in my opinion).

If you hate it so much - here's a way to do it. Every time someone gives you a win, then you deliberately balance it off a little by losing the next 2, and give yourself the challenge you want?

I am rank 1 player I dont play for 8 wins.. This is competitive mode? Whats teh point of being "nice" when the goal is to play and beat your opponetS?

Whats the point of building a team when you will be gifted half the wins.. I am 14-2 after yesterday games with 4 gifted wins.. I will reach rank 1 but I honestly preffered Elite 3 last year atleast it was hard

Everybody is rewards rewards rewards... The idea is to make a better team to place better in weekend league. Now our "competition" mode is scoring own goals qutiting at 3m.. YOu can by the sticker magazine and collect players