451(2): My new custom tactic

IamFrench
2070 posts Fans' Favourite
edited October 21
Hello !

After very satisfactory results (8/8 in Play-offs, 6 wins out of 7 in Division Elite) and gameplay, it's time to share my 451(2) tactic with you !

The 451(2) will give you...
- Lots of movement in midfield
- Lots of solutions in attack
- Very fun (with good results) tactic
- A ton of assists from LM/RM/CM except the central
- It's not a defensive tactic, some defensive situations are delicate so you must be good

Gameplay: https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1449021330108596227/pu/vid/1280x720/k82hwpFy7-Eh1mEY.mp4?tag=12

FBvzzxcWYAQaoJW.jpg

Player statistics (LM/RM/CM left and right) in Elite Division/FUT Champions:
1634826382-1.jpg

The profile of the players ?
ST:
The tactic are very effective on the counter attack so if your ST is fast, it's very good.
If your ST isn't necessarily fast, that's okay as the tactics are also great for play built with lots of attacking movements. Don't bet everything on pace. Between Werner and Benzema, I prefer Benzema but between Benzema and IF Mané, I choose Mané.

Left and right CM:
Your left and right MC are like CAM in attack so don't choose players like Kanté who are not good with the ball and who have no positioning. We want players like Kimmich, Llorente, Goretzka, Bruno, KDB, Barella, Milinkovic-Savic, etc. In terms of workrates, High / High is perfect, High / Medium is excellent. A physical player is also making a difference this year so think about it.

CM:
It's very simple, it's your CDM. You must choose a player with High in defense, and also good in defense. Personally, I really like physical players like Kessie.

LM/RM:
They give a lot of assists so take good passers, pace is a goodbonus but not essential. In game, they play like left and right CAM, they combines a lot. I prefer to play with Ferran Torres than Adama.

LB/CB/RB:
With the instructions in attack, players move a lot on the pitch which can cause some problem in defense so fast players are essential. Players like Manolas, Koulibaly, Gomez, Van Dijk, Cordoba, Maldini.
Post edited by IamFrench on

Comments

• Fifapayne
    5017 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 15
    In
    1st
    😅
  • cmm_1991
    2354 posts Fans' Favourite
    You finally started winning, well in mate
  • Delboy13710
    9920 posts Has That Special Something
    Looks much better then the tactics you posted on the non meta thread with lots of come back on defence .
    How you finding the full backs on default is there alot of space in behind when they venture forward ?
  • Theomanny
    2637 posts National Call-Up
    Whats the difference between this 451(2) and the main attacking 451. Am starting to get that balance feel with 451 like i did in fifa 19. Since u r asking 2 cams to get in box and forward. Why not just use the 451 on balance instead of the instruction? Would it be too attacking?
  • IamFrench
    Theomanny wrote: »
    Whats the difference between this 451(2) and the main attacking 451. Am starting to get that balance feel with 451 like i did in fifa 19. Since u r asking 2 cams to get in box and forward. Why not just use the 451 on balance instead of the instruction? Would it be too attacking?

451 is glitched, and very offensive. The work rate of CM and CAM is different in defense, CM are better.

451(2) is more balanced and 3 CM on FIFA is really cool
  • freddfranca
    1896 posts Play-Off Hero
    @IamFrench I used your tactics last year and liked it, I will give it a try again

I have these players in my club and around 150k to finish, any suggestions

7-D8-D73-E8-843-E-43-F9-ADEA-8-C00-BCCA26-BC.jpg
  • Amdp9
    6806 posts Big Money Move
    Been waiting for you my friend to post back 👀
  • djnition
    1507 posts Play-Off Hero
    gotta say i really enjoy using this formation as well gives you great balance in defense and attack
  • YidArmy
    1928 posts Play-Off Hero
    IamFrench wrote: »
    Theomanny wrote: »

451 is glitched, and very offensive. The work rate of CM and CAM is different in defense, CM are better.

451(2) is more balanced and 3 CM on FIFA is really cool

I've been using the 451(2) and having great success with it too.

I have the ST on the false nine instruction. I find this really great as essentially you have no striker standing in the middle pulling opposing centre backs further towards the goal line.

Instead, you have a swarm of 5 players running at flat footed defenders, rather than a camped box of defenders standing on top of your strikers and no space for them to move.
  • ThePayback_00
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Using a La Liga team. I’ve got Llorente and De Jong, who’d probably play in the CM role. Who would you recommend for CDM?
  • IamFrench
    @IamFrench I used your tactics last year and liked it, I will give it a try again

LM: Sterling
    RM: Sancho or Mahrez
    LB: Robertson

Using a La Liga team. I’ve got Llorente and De Jong, who’d probably play in the CM role. Who would you recommend for CDM?

3 options:
    Casemiro, Valverde or Merino
  • Colinmag1967
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park

3 options:

Using serie a what midfielder would u recommend
  • IamFrench

3 options:

Using serie a what midfielder would u recommend

IF Barella - Kessie - Vidal

52447b199b26188fdfe8ba1f023ee66c.png
  • Gogs
    706 posts Semi-Pro
    Will try this later. Thanks
  • freddfranca
    1896 posts Play-Off Hero
    I loved the formation.
    Very attacking, the CMs scores lots of goals, too many opportunities.
    I am used to play a more possession based style, but this one is extremely fun.
  • nicos1987
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Using this tactic now, and you sir are a genius, the most fun i had this fifa!! Big thumbs up to you @iamfrench
  • Qon
    1366 posts Play-Off Hero
    Would this team work? Everyone would be on 9 chem.
    Smart-Select-20211021-154421-FUTBIN.jpg
  • cmm_1991
    Qon wrote: »

Lad has a 5 mil team and asking if a form works 🤣
  • Qon
    1366 posts Play-Off Hero
    cmm_1991 wrote: »

Yes, that's indeed what I asked for. Team is 4 mil. Not 5. Part of it being untradable also 😃
  • cmm_1991
    cmm_1991 wrote: »

Yes, that's indeed what I asked for. Team is 4 mil. Not 5. Part of it being untradable also 😃

Your team would be fine with any form, every player is super meta bar navas
  • IamFrench

Yep very good. There will probably POTM Fofana in the next few hours, he would be perfect instead of Pogba
  • MoeilijkeMan
    2030 posts Fans' Favourite
    Will definitely give this a go when in need of something else. Looks pretty fun, but I can see me getting absolutely butchered in defense with this. Fair play to you for playing this attacking at an elite level.
  • nicos1987
    Will definitely give this a go when in need of something else. Looks pretty fun, but I can see me getting absolutely butchered in defense with this. Fair play to you for playing this attacking at an elite level.

Believe me when i say, that i absolutely cannot defend, it looks weak defensive but its not really, you do need a fast defensive line. But i was suprised how strong it is in defense.
  • MoeilijkeMan
    2030 posts Fans' Favourite
    nicos1987 wrote: »

Believe me when i say, that i absolutely cannot defend, it looks weak defensive but its not really, you do need a fast defensive line. But i was suprised how strong it is in defense.

Will definitely try it out. I'm not shocking in defense but not elite either and just going by the tactics/instructions it looks way too attacking. I'm all for that, just curious if I can hold my own at the back.
  • RFC-Geezer
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    What about player instructions? Any advice?

Going to try this later.
  • nicos1987
    @IamFrench i have 1,2 mil to spend, can you tell me the best suitable players for this formation?
  • David12344
    17390 posts World Class
    RFC-Geezer wrote: »

Going to try this later.

This
  • ICUP
    5781 posts Big Money Move

Going to try this later.

Instructions are literally on the first image.
  • SJR440
    8502 posts League Winner
    edited October 22
    Great guide @IamFrench :smile:

Can you create many crossing opportunities with this system?

You mentioned Benzema in your opening post, a Target Man, so I'm really intrigued on how well a Target Man works in this formation.

Just packed Lukaku yesterday and keen to give him a run out.
  • David12344
    17390 posts World Class
    ICUP wrote: »

Going to try this later.

Instructions are literally on the first image.

😂 I didn’t see this