FIFA 22 Derby County Career Mode - Rooney's Revolution!

ArladArlad
97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited November 2021
Episode Playlist
1- July 2021 - Pre-Season
2- August 2021 - Season Begins
3- End of August
4- September 2021 Pt1
5- September Pt2
6- October 2021

This year on FIFA 22 I'm doing the Wayne Rooney Derby County Career Mode on my Channel www.youtube.com/SetPlayGaming and I would hope while I cannot deduct points from my own team to make it super realistic I have included some stipulations and scenarios to make it truly authentic.

I began creating Wayne Rooney as a player first, I still feel even though he retired last season and EA removed him I wanted to have 1 last year with him as Player/Manager given Derby's struggles they need all the help they can get! So I created Rooney, and then jumped into Career Mode noticing that right off the bat the Board Objective was ''Gain Automatic Promotion'' while these objectives are kept inline with current squad build it didn't suit their real life situation so the only way of achieving this was to release 3 key players from the squad, GK Ryan Allsop, CAM Ravel Morrison, CDM Krystian Bielik, this then gave us a domestic objective of ''Finish Mid-Table'' still not quite exactly what I was hoping for but it is way more plausible than getting promoted to the Premier League in the 1st Season.

Derby's Debts
My next task was to look at their current financial plight, it had been publicly disclosed Derby had debts totalling 50mil although some say it could be up to 75mil, I figured this would be a more than accurate starting point. I found that Derby owe money to MSD Holdings - 15mil, HMRC - 20mil, Arsenal - 10mil (for Bielik), former manager Cocu - 4mil and Richard Keogh 2.5mil. This totals around 51.5mil and given that in order to start the CM with a mid-table finish I had to release Bielik to FA, he actually ended up signing at Galatasaray, so to add to the storyline I am going to write in that we actually sold him on a quick turnaround for half of what we paid for him (the reason being that they paid 10mil IRL but in the game he is only worth 4.9mil).

Transfer Embargo
we currently have a transfer embargo meaning we can only sign FA Players or Academy Players, we can also loan in players from other sides but we cannot sign anyone outright from another club, any player signed to Derby must meet an 8K wage meaning we cannot sign anyone over this wage.

Stipulation
The current stipulation right now is scenario based. We have to accept all reasonable ''In price'' bids on our players to generate money to pay off the debts, the only justifiable refusal is when a foreign side bids on a UK/Home Grown player, for example if San Lorenzo bid 3mil on Jason Knight, I will automatically X refuse it because IRL I could not imagine Knight moving to Argentina, if I received the same bid from any side in England, Scotland or Ireland then I would accept, I want to try and send foreign players to foreign teams. I realize FIFA the game doesn't have realistic transfers but I wanted to put some kind of effort into the realism and keep the immersion going. I also realize that in Derby's current status they would not be in a position to be choosers and would accept whatever bid from whoever.

If there are any Derby fans here in the forum who want to give feedback then I would welcome it, also if you're a hardcore CM player and have feedback regarding ideas on stipulations for S2, then by all means I would love to hear suggestions. I'm posting this in the hopes if you have 10 minutes to check out my CM series on the channel that would mean the world to me ~ Arlad
Post edited by ArladArlad on

Comments

• Kieren1888
    1826 posts Play-Off Hero
    Should keep this thread active by posting updates and scores etc.
  • ArladArlad
    edited October 2021
    Kieren1888 wrote: »
    Should keep this thread active by posting updates and scores etc.

thank you Kieran, I wanted to provide a background to the work and effort I've gone into to make this CM more unique by including the stipulations. The YT channel obviously has the highlights/updates and scores but of course I will be using the thread to provide monthly updates on the results. If I posted too much it might be considered harmful/spam/flooding to the group and I realize there are more creators with their own CM as well. I appreciate the comment mate. ~ Arlad

Derby County Squad List 2021/22 Season 1
    21.GK. Kelle Roos - NET - 69 OVR
    1.GK. David Marshall - ENG - 70 OVR

2.RB. Nathan Byrne - ENG - 71 OVR
    37.RB. Kornell McDonald - ENG - 58 OVR
    44.RB. Max Bardell - ENG - 53 OVR
    16.CB. Richard Stearman - ENG - 68 OVR
    33.CB. Curtis Davies - ENG - 70 OVR
    3.CB/LB. Craig Forsyth - SCO - 69 OVR
    46.CB. Jordan Brown - ENG - 57 OVR
    45.CB. Eiran Cashin - IRE - 56 OVR
    26.LB. Lee Buchanan - ENG - 68 OVR
    43.LB. Dylan Williams - ENG - 55 OVR

4.CDM. Graeme Shinnie - SCO - 72 OVR (Cpt)
    8.CDM. Max Bird - ENG - ENG - 68 OVR
    38.CM. Jason Knight - IRE - 68 OVR
    40.CM. Isaac Hutchinson - ENG - 61 OVR
    42.CDM. Liam Thompson - ENG - 55 OVR
    7. RM. Kamil Jozwiak - POL - 70 OVR
    47.RM. Tyree Wilson - ENG - 54 OVR
    10.LM. Tom Lawrence - WAL - 71 OVR
    36.LM. Festy Ebosele - IRE - 59 OVR
    17.CAM. Louie Sibley - ENG - 67 OVR
    9.CAM. Wayne Rooney - ENG - 74 OVR
    35.CAM. Louie Watson - IRE - 61 OVR
    48.CAM. Osazee Aghatise - ENG - 53 OVR

18.ST. Colin Kazim-Richards - TUR - 68 OVR [+] Broken Toe - 3 Months
    28.ST. Bobby Duncan - ENG - 60 OVR
    39.ST. Jack Stretton - SCO - 56 OVR
    25.ST. James Scott - SCO - 63 OVR (On Loan from Hull City)
    Post edited by ArladArlad on
  • ArladArlad
    DERBY COUNTY CAREER MODE RESULTS
    July 2021
    European Shield - Denmark
    Derby County 3 Salernitana 1
    Jozwiak 8', 86'
    Kazim-Richards 41'

Girona 0 Derby County 1
    Rooney 42'

Derby County 2 FC Nurnberg 2
    Sibley 15'
    Stretton 73'

Semi-Finals
    Derby County 2 FC Copenhagen 1
    Rooney 3'
    Bird 38'

Final
    Derby County 2 Salernitana 4
    Bird 18'
    Sibley 48'

August 2021
    Derby County 2 Huddersfield 2
    Rooney 6'
    Kazim-Richards 68'

Carabao Cup R1
    Harrogate Town 1 Derby County 3
    Ebosele 11'
    Watson 55', 90'

Peterborough 1 Derby County 1
    Rooney 86'

Please consider checking out all the goals and highlights over on my YouTube Channel at SetPlayGaming ;-) I always accept comments and suggestions regarding the Career Mode save.
    ~ Arlad
  • Steffolovitch
    1548 posts Play-Off Hero
    I like the idea, and I would definitely keep up with the story, if it was written here.
    But I can't see myself finding time to watch 20 minute videos to keep up. Sorry mate.

But good luck with it anyway.
  • ArladArlad
    I like the idea, and I would definitely keep up with the story, if it was written here.
    But I can't see myself finding time to watch 20 minute videos to keep up. Sorry mate.

But good luck with it anyway.

oh absolutely lad, I'll be updating the CM through the forum here with scores and major storylines, as for the playlist within the thread I get that not everyone has time to watch a 20 minute video ;-) I actually try and keep the CM videos to 15 minutes? thinking maybe if people wanna watch over breakfast time or on a commute to work on the peasant wagon lol. I also am more understanding if people have their time invested in FUT or their own Careers too. I'd love to actually reach some DCFC fans and get their take on it that would be amazing.

So yeah, the playlist is there, if anyone has time watch it, no harm no foul and if you don't have the time there is always the periodic updates :-) thanks for commenting mate
    ~ Arlad
  • ArladArlad
    After Episode 3 of the Derby County Career Mode - Derby have announced veteran Striker Colin Kazim-Richards has suffered a broken toe in the Hull City match and will miss 3 months, the Striker so far has scored 3 and assisted 3 times in 7App this year for the Rams. He is set to retire at the end of this current season.

As a result of this news Derby have immediately sought to loan in a Striker, the options are:
    ST Jack Vale from Blackburn Rovers, ST James Scott from Hull City and ST Kian Harratt from Huddersfield. All 3 strikers offer something a little different and are currently on the loan list, Derby's other choices within the existing squad are youngsters Bobby Duncan and Prospect Jack Stretton.

At 21yrs old James Scott does posses the attributes and qualities closer matched to CKR, a 6ft 2 Scottish TM but has strength and natural speed (78), he's a threat from set pieces and would be the top choice to loan in. Derby County currently have a restricted wage budget but it is not thought that Scott's demands would trigger this in place. Given the current situation and scenario it is still likely Derby will ask for a split in wages to help cover some of the costs.

Vale is a welsh striker 6'0 and has good finishing for his OVR at Blackburn Rovers and Harratt 5'10 a little more athleticism and speed playing at Huddersfield would be Rooney's back up options but they are probably at the same if not similar level to Bobby Duncan who is currently back up to CKR, so loaning either of those would be purely for depth.

Once we break into Episode 4 very soon I'll post some more results and updates, including a transfer deal that was agreed 1 day after the window closed seeing a 1st Team player agree to leave in January.
    ~ Arlad
  • Steffolovitch
    1548 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sounds like a few good options to replace the injured Kazim-Richards. I'm not familiar with Vale and Harratt, but Scott is someone I've scouted multiple times in recent FIFA editions, though somehow I've never bought him. Anyway, I see why he's your current favourite, and it would also be a fun coincidence to take him from the club that caused Kazim-Richard's injury in the first place.
  • ArladArlad
    Haha! :D a schoolboy error on my part son. I honestly did not see that at all, I must of blinked and missed it? *insert chris kamara face*
    Rooney ''You Injured our player so we're taking one of yours" LOL!

I had also put a poll over on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram and it appears Scott will be the choice for loan attempt. I can't see it being made permanent but he should be useful for us in the 1/4 of the season we need him.

I appreciate you coming back to the thread to comment ;)
    ~Arlad
  • ArladArlad
    Update: I just added in the Derby County Team in the 2nd post below stipulations (just for reference) ;)
    I have now also added Episode 4 to the Playlist on my YouTube channel so if you have any free time at all 10/15 minutes I would massively appreciate any input or feedbacks.

With that being said lets look at the breakdown of September Pt1
    With the Summer Transfer Window coming to a close it was no surprise at all to see the press go after Rooney in an attempt to destabilize him in his position at the Pride Park Helm. Speaking at a Presser ahead of the Stoke City match they asked him:
    "With the transfer window now closed there has not been much in the way of IN/OUT are you happy with your squad?"
    Rooney "It's not just about numbers, it's about quality and about having the right players with the right attitude and spirit in your dressing room, we need that because of the situation we're in so let's show people what we're about''

As discussed very widely on Social Media platforms Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as well as the main channel with CKR (Colin Kazim-Richards) missing with a broken toe I had asked for feedback on who to sign as a potential loan replacement given we like to play a patient possession style attack with a TM up top and a resounding number of fans voted for Hull City's James Scott, Initially going into the Negotiations I was hopeful of signing him until January on short term cover but Hull preferred it if we actually signed him on a season long loan. Now since CKR is going to be retiring anyway and has already hit the FF button as far as declining rate goes It didn't make much sense to argue with the Hull City rep and the main priority was to get Scott in. So we agreed for Scott to come in, as far as wages go. I tried to get them to agree a split 50/50 but they wanted us to cover 80% of the wage. Our wage cap is 8k and Scott's wages at Hull are $2200 so while his wages are not an actual issue I still want to keep everything nice and tight as far as finances go. 75/25 was the final outcome which means we'll pay Scott $1650 not bad really considering that is the going price for most rotation forwards and he'll be getting plenty of game time. :)

Another closing deal happened actually 1 day after the transfer window ended. Belgian side KRC Genk launched a 915k bid onto our dutch GK Kelle Roos, and while I didn't want to say goodbye to him the stipulations states any reasonable ''in price'' bid by a realistic side must be accepted in order to pay off the debt, assuming that Kelle Roos and his agent agree personal terms then Roos will depart us in January. This leaves Rooney with a slight headache as we only have 1 other GK in veteran David Marshall. We have currently began scouting the home nations for replacement goalkeepers in the hopes we can find either a Free Agent signing or sign someone out of contract from January. In the mean time Roos is still a Derby County goalkeeper at least until January assuming he does choose to go to Belgium we wish him all the best.

Saturday September 11th - Vs Birmingham City @ St.Andrews
    Our first match against Birmingham City at St. Andrews ended in disaster for Rooney's men. Given the recent speculation about his future Roos was on the bench for this game and his stand in David Marshall had to make a fantastic stop early to deny Sunjic. Derby looked lively in the opening 15 minutes with Duncan setting up Wayne Rooney who curled his shot beyond Etheridge but also just an inch wide of the far post. A moment before half hour and Etheridge had to stretch to push away Rooney's curled attempt from 25yds! Five minutes before HT and the Blues took the lead, on loan dutch winger Tahith Chong took advantage of McDonald being out of position to rinse the covering midfielder and cross low for Ivan Sanchez at the back post to make it 1-0. Moments later Derby were caught out a second time Ivan Sanchez popping up in the middle to hit a fierce shot but this time Marshall coming to Derby's rescue.
    Moments after the HT restart Sanchez was in behind the defense again finding acres of space and on a one on one with Marshall who thwarted his attempts for a brace. With the clock ticking closer to the hour Artem Besedin set up Bela from the left and his swerving shot dipped past Marshall and narrowly missed the top corner. With attack being limited Rooney decided to give on Loan Striker James Scott his 1st taste of action off the bench and he was immediately involved linking up with Hutchinson. Derby's attack was way more direct now knowing they could dink balls into Scott and run off of him. Scott brought the ball down holding off his marker and hit a ferocious shot which cannoned off a defender over the bar but promising signs from the loanee. On 75 minutes Birmingham finally got their 2nd goal, Ivan Sanchez a constant thorn in our side got the better of youngster Dylan Williams and hit a low pass into the area, Sunjic set up Bela who made it 2-0. With 4 minutes left of the game Sanchez once again was played in behind the fullback who crossed this time for Bela to hit on the volley to make it 3-0. A comprehensive win for the Blues but for large portions of the match we could of made it 1-1 and promising signs from on loan James Scott means the result looks way worse than the performance.
    L 3-0

Tuesday September 14th - Vs West Brom @ the Hawthorns
    After losing 3-0 at St. Andrews the matches were coming thick n fast for Derby, A Tuesday night match at the Hawthorns to take on West Brom! Rooney had named Roos back in goal and also given a start to James Scott. If making an impression was the angle at Birmingham he certainly did just that here at the Hawthorns just 3 minutes into the game Jozwiak tucked inside and found Nathan ''After-Byrner" Byrne on the overlap and just when it looked like he had gone too wide his cross into the 6yd box found Scott who thumped a header off the underside of the cross bar to send the hawthorns into silence. 15 minutes into the match and Byrne's through pass with Jozwiak this time running in behind Ajayi and Jozwiak crossed into the box for Scott to glance a header goalwards and find it's way into the net via Sam Johnstone who parried the ball but didn't get a strong enough contact, for Scott at least it didn't matter, he had risen from going 4th choice at Hull to netting a brace against West Brom in the matter of 1 week. The Baggies hit the crossbar on 22 minutes when Grant's cross found Mowatt and he rattled the bar, moments later West Brom did pull a goal back when Romaine Sawyers clever pass found Phillips who cut in from the right to smash into the roof of the net. West Brom were level just after the hour, a brilliant piece of interceptive play by Lee Buchanan but then taking an extra touch he lost out to Furlong and the ball broke nicely for Karlan Grant to hit a thunderbolt into the top corner to make it 2-2.
    Roos had to be at his best to deny Mowatt 10 minutes from time but with the score finishing 2-2 Rooney will be happy with a point against a top side in the Championship and be more than happy with Scotts contribution in his first start.
    D 2-2

Saturday September 18th - Vs Stoke City @ Pride Park
    We returned back home to face our rivals Stoke City in the league, themselves not doing well at the wrong end of the table. It was a big call by Rooney to name Bobby Duncan as the main striker today, especially since James Scott tore through West Brom in mid-week. In the opening 16 minutes Lee Buchanan's cross from the left found Duncan but he could only head over. On 23 minutes Tom Lawrence evaded his marker and cut in from the left side hitting a trademark curling shot which Bonham tipped around the post. Derby had the better of the 1st half but with 10 minutes to go until HT Stoke broke forward and a good section of passing and interchanging movement saw Tyreece Campbell setup from Surridge and Campbell inside the area applied the finish to make it 1-0 to the visitors. :neutral: On the stroke of HT Stoke would of been cursing their missed chances late on, Vrancic had pushed himself into the area beyond the last man and curled his shot over the top corner with Roos diving thankful to see the shot go an inch over his crossbar. On 51 minutes Derby created a superb chance through Louie Sibley setting up Duncan on the edge of the box, he spun Ostigard brilliantly on his favored left foot scuffed his shot wide. Calls for the big man to come on just after the hour, Rooney persisted for now with Duncan and Kelle Roos had to twice deny Stoke at his nearpost keeping the score to just 1-0. With 14 minutes left Max Bird intercepted a poor pass by Browne and started a Rams counter, Ebosele layed the ball to Knight who played in Rooney from the right for him to unselfishly set up Bobby Duncan who scuffed his shot into the bottom corner to equalize. It was a moment of relief for both the Rams fans and Duncan who had worked so hard all afternoon. With 10 minutes left Clucas rattled the crossbar after beating his marker and Roos once again thankful for the woodwork's help. The score ends 1-1 it probably should of been a win, but considering we were 1-0 down we have some easier matches in October.
    D 1-1

I hope you enjoyed the detailed write ups, this is to compensate for anyone who wishes to be given a text version but of course you can always watch the shows on my channel too ;-) When I come back we'll be finishing off September Pt2 and beginning October. The next matches are;
    Sheffield Utd (A)
    Reading (H)
    Swansea City (H)
    Preston NE (A)

Thank you to everyone who has viewed my Career Mode I will be back in the week to update this and of course check out some of the other CM posted on here too!
  • Slowly catching up write up wise, I'll try and watch a video or 2 later when I have more time. I used to have a soft spot for Derby but recent years and being a Leeds Fan that soft spot dropped off 🤣
  • ArladArlad
    edited October 2021
    Yeah :D I can imagine how it is! Actually It's funny you mention the soft spot lol, this year I had told my friend I was sick (manflu) and I had been watching Match of the Day from the 80s proper nostalgia, beaten up pitches and managers with character love it! I had mentioned Brian Clough and my friend said I should watch the film and part of me was drawn more to his time at Derby County's rise than his ill-tempered affair with Leeds. Of course then next came the legendary interview with Don Revie which was amazing.

Then when I read recently about Derby's fall into administration I couldn't help but think there would be a good CM story there, with me being a Utd fan and Rooney going there showing some bottle to stay and do the right thing to help the workers and players to get out of the situation they were in I thought it would be better content than doing a generic manager or just retiring Chiellini to do a Serie A CM.
    gavin2903 wrote: »
    I'll try and watch a video or 2 later when I have more time.

:) It is very much appreciated, it's been hard work but I enjoy making the episodes and content so it is win win, being a Leeds fan are you a fan of Bielsa's work? or do you think he has taken Leeds as far as they can go for now?
  • Steffolovitch
    1548 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ooh, tough start to the league.

Glad to see Scott scoring in his debut, and it makes perfect sense to agree a season long loan rather than a short one. I don't do much loan business myself, always seem to end up signing players permanently in stead. But that just makes this one even more intriguing, I guess.

I also fancy a rather quiet opening window, and I wish you good luck for the rest of the fall.
  • ArladArlad
    Ooh, tough start to the league.

Glad to see Scott scoring in his debut, and it makes perfect sense to agree a season long loan rather than a short one. I don't do much loan business myself, always seem to end up signing players permanently in stead. But that just makes this one even more intriguing, I guess.

I also fancy a rather quiet opening window, and I wish you good luck for the rest of the fall.

thanks mate :) with so many restrictions and stipulations and being massively in debt it makes complete sense to bring in a player only on Loan. I think once we have scouted home nations I'll be able to have a look at who will be available to sign to improve the squad but none of them will be paid transfers, they'll either be loans in or FA signings or PC signing here or there as long as they fit within the wage budget.

The next bit of business involves the GK situation, there will be a departure of Roos to Genk, leaving only David Marshall between the sticks, alternatively sign a FA Goalkeeper of equal skill or an Academy GK to back up Marshall as our new no;1. Decisions Decisions lol.
  • Danimal5981
    3026 posts National Call-Up
    Just caught up with this one, I'm normally not one to sit and watch YouTube-movies but these are nice. You should go into commentary, son - love the way you get all fired up about moments in front of goal: you do that live, or afterwards?

I noticed a thing you do, which I do too. Before starting a career, I always...., ALWAYS change the name of every stadium to any team in the game, so that on the opening screen of any game the proper stadium name is shown. Nice to see somebody else doing that too.
  • Steffolovitch
    1548 posts Play-Off Hero
    I noticed a thing you do, which I do too. Before starting a career, I always...., ALWAYS change the name of every stadium to any team in the game, so that on the opening screen of any game the proper stadium name is shown. Nice to see somebody else doing that too.

Make that three! Really adds to the authenticity, when the stadiums are at least given the proper names. It takes a proper amount of time, but it is worth it IMO.
  • ArladArlad
    Just caught up with this one, I'm normally not one to sit and watch YouTube-movies but these are nice. You should go into commentary, son - love the way you get all fired up about moments in front of goal: you do that live, or afterwards?

;) thank you lad! I sincerely appreciate this comment. More than you know, I had some ''criticisms'' last year and it kind of knocked my confidence a bit, so much so that I had some doubts (just before the New Year), and after speaking with some friends they convinced me to continue uploading. My channel just passed 10k views so obviously I am doing something right in the right direction. I just continue to enjoy what I do. Hearing someone else other than a regular visitor compliment me on commentary and my editing is very rewarding, it means the persistence to continue and hard work was worth while :)

Yeah I can usually get this done on opening day :) most of England, Scotland and Ireland first then If I have time before bed I'll do France + Germany. In the 2nd day I then cover the other countries.. I know that they all are not real but it helps me with the immersion of it all. :D

Regarding LIVE/Afterwards - the commentary is done after, because it is an overlay from Sharefactory shot seperately and I mostly play matches during the day and edit at night, my family is usually asleep when I record voice/video over because I have 2 young children, they make a lot of noise during the day so I could not keep a professional clean cut video with no children screaming in the background if I shot it live. LOL :) As you can tell I am committed to making what I think is the best product I can make fitting into my own personal circumstances, I do always welcome constructive feedback though so if you think of anything don't be afraid to reach out.
    ~Arlad
  • ArladArlad
    Make that three! Really adds to the authenticity, when the stadiums are at least given the proper names. It takes a proper amount of time, but it is worth it IMO.

:) do any of you keep seasonal stats records on a database? or even spreadsheet or pieces of paper? or is that just me that is totally a geek :D
  • Danimal5981
    ArladArlad wrote: »

:) do any of you keep seasonal stats records on a database? or even spreadsheet or pieces of paper? or is that just me that is totally a geek :D

No, fellow geek here too #GuiltyPleasure - Obviously I was in my teens, early twenties when it became a thing. The game did not keep track of stats very well (and still doesn't), so always pen and note block on my side and a screenshot app.

For example, I love to calculate the virtual UEFA Coefficient Ranking. When you get three seasons in, that ranking really gets a life of its own :smiley:
  • Steffolovitch
    1548 posts Play-Off Hero
    For example, I love to calculate the virtual UEFA Coefficient Ranking. When you get three seasons in, that ranking really gets a life of its own :smiley:

Ha, me too! Even though I'm yet to qualify Newcastle for Europe, I've kept track of the coefficient points for all other teams to create a real "last five seasons" coefficient table, when it happens.

• ArladArlad
    Mine started way back, actually now I remember back in my teens (yes that long ago) when I first played FIFA on the Megadrive and we didn't have real players/licenses I would make these little notebooks with tournament stats on, Janco Tiano and Rico Salamar for Brazil frequently were in top scorers :D

I guess when I played on the more modern fifas and realized I could stop writing it all up on paper I switched to spreadsheets and I could keep track of contracts better on 1 screen and sometimes if a player stayed like 5/6 seasons they would have hundreds of appearances I always thought that was kind of brilliant.
  • Danimal5981
    ArladArlad wrote: »
    I guess when I played on the more modern fifas and realized I could stop writing it all up on paper I switched to spreadsheets and I could keep track of contracts better on 1 screen and sometimes if a player stayed like 5/6 seasons they would have hundreds of appearances I always thought that was kind of brilliant.

Well for this UEFA Coefficient Ranking I use spreadsheets, but for example also to register new records: every game, every goal scorer - there might be a new club record hidden there somewhere. And the new summarization page gives you nice new stats as well (expected goals, number of succesful passes, not just percentages) - but the more you're onto that, the less speed there is in your career progression.
  • ArladArlad wrote: »
    Yeah :D I can imagine how it is! Actually It's funny you mention the soft spot lol, this year I had told my friend I was sick (manflu) and I had been watching Match of the Day from the 80s proper nostalgia, beaten up pitches and managers with character love it! I had mentioned Brian Clough and my friend said I should watch the film and part of me was drawn more to his time at Derby County's rise than his ill-tempered affair with Leeds. Of course then next came the legendary interview with Don Revie which was amazing.

Then when I read recently about Derby's fall into administration I couldn't help but think there would be a good CM story there, with me being a Utd fan and Rooney going there showing some bottle to stay and do the right thing to help the workers and players to get out of the situation they were in I thought it would be better content than doing a generic manager or just retiring Chiellini to do a Serie A CM.
    I'll try and watch a video or 2 later when I have more time.

:) It is very much appreciated, it's been hard work but I enjoy making the episodes and content so it is win win, being a Leeds fan are you a fan of Bielsa's work? or do you think he has taken Leeds as far as they can go for now?

Unlike some of the part time/new Leeds fans I am happy with Bielsa and still believe in him. I do hope he will at least change his way temporarily, I don't believe its all down to us being found out, but right now we don't have the players available or fitness to play that way. Once everyone fit again then maybe it'll work.

As for stat taking I used to all the time, I've stopped now because I found everything was taking too long plus my game time is much more limited than it used to be, but I've always been a stat man and love to know the ins and outs and yes I used to write things down on a note pad even back on my Mega Drive Days as well 🤣
  • ArladArlad
    As for stat taking I used to all the time, I've stopped now because I found everything was taking too long plus my game time is much more limited than it used to be, but I've always been a stat man and love to know the ins and outs and yes I used to write things down on a note pad even back on my Mega Drive Days as well 🤣

:D top lad! I found one or two lads from reddit and another from a facebook group, we'll talk CM and players/teams and inevitably at some point they will say to me ''don't laugh but do you use spreadsheets or write down your scorers" :p the wife thinks we're absolutely bonkers! :D

I can imagine them saying ''c'mon love it's not real football''
    Me: No more real than your reality TV or Coronation St ;)
  • ArladArlad
    Welcome back to the FIFA 22 Wayne Rooney Derby County Career Mode where Rooney is acting Player/Manager for the 1st Season with the Rams! I just posted Episode 5 on the playlist so if you have 10/15 minutes give it a spin and please let me know what you think :)

Beginning today's update we're going to address some breaking news and that is Dutch Shot Stopper Kelle Roos and his agent have now agreed to join Belgian side KRC Genk, because the transfer window is closed he will not officially leave the side until January 1st giving Wayne Rooney some time to mull over his options and obviously the GK spot is huge! We can at least be thankful that Veteran GK David Marshall is still with us and provides a safe pair of hands in the sticks for now. I am sure Rooney will still use Roos from time to time.

Options - Rams To Action
    We're introducing a Talking Point feature in our Episodes called Rams to Action, a chance for everyone to weigh in with their feedback on what we should do in a certain scenario and while not the complete deciding factor I will take on board everyone's comments and feedback before making a decision.

With Roos to depart in January 2022 what should our next move be to replace him?
    Option 1: Resign English GK Ryan Allsop he is 29yo 6ft 2 and actually does play for Derby County IRL, you'll remember at the beginning of this save we released 3 players from the original squad to adjust the board objectives and Allsop was one of those players, whilst Morrison and Bielik moved to different clubs Allsop still finds himself without a club currently and can be snapped up on the cheap. Early feedback is going completely against this idea citing Continuity and it doesn't make sense to sign a GK that you released at the start of the save. The counter here is that the situation now is completely different with Roos leaving, but I hear the point and we move to 2.
    Option 2: New Zealand GK Stefan Marinovic has been on the Free Agents for a couple of months and would cost pennies to sign, his wages fit within the budget and he's the same age as Allsop and same rating (68) but get this has better Athleticism with 71 on reflexes + diving.
    Option 3: Wait for the next 2/3 months and hope that our Experienced Academy Scout Harley Nelson can bring through a young GK, although this would be the cheapest option since we already have him scouring England the problem is putting a very young prospect GK could be more damaging to him if he is not ready.

Option 4: Push Marshall into the #1 spot and sign a backup GK on loan someone young potentially from a low EPL club who needs games or a high rated Championship side. We are currently watching GK Jaros who is from the Czech Republic but on loan at St. Pats from Liverpool, so we would have to wait until the summer to request a loan for him. We have a couple of months so let me know in the comments what you would do or would think is the most realistic option.

The Rams played 3 matches to finish off September and jump into October, so we'll now take a detailed look at those here.

Saturday 25th September 2021 - AT Bramall Lane, Sheffield. Ref: Keith Stroud
    We ended up on the wrong end of this one, Roos had to be at his best to twice save on Sharp, then McGoldrick to keep the scoreline at 0-0, on 37' minute a poor kicked clearance by Ramsdale presented Max Bird with a clear cut chance only for Ramsdale to make a stop at point blank range and Ramsdale was up and alert to push away James Scott's follow up. In truth it would of been unjust, and it was a wake up call for the Blades who had yet to find their way through the Rams defense. Five minutes before HT and Stevens adventurous run from fullback was almost rewarded as he ghosted in behind the back line only for Roos to come flying out of his goal to rescue Derby once more! At HT the score was 0-0 and Rooney no doubt the happier of the 2 managers. On the hour the Blades finally took the lead, albeit with a bit of good fortune as Davies charged down McGoldrick's shot on the edge of the box it ran kindly through to Billy Sharp who made no mistakes lashing it into the top corner. Minutes later the Blades cut through Derby again, this time McGoldrick stabbing the ball through into the box for Sander Berge to knock it to the back post for John Fleck and he finds the far corner to give them a 2-0 win, there were even moments of desperation at the end on 89' and 93' minutes as Roos twice denied substitute Lys Mousset to keep the scoreline down, all the talk in the game will be about the Norweigian Sander Berge was a dominating figure in midfield and his presence helped United establish themselves in the 2nd half. Sheffield United are Undefeated so far this season. L 2-0

Wednesday 29th September 2021 - AT Pride Park Stadium, Derby, Ref: Darren Bond
    Derby had to respond in this mid-week match up but knew it would not be easy against mid-table Reading. We took the lead on 11' when Jason Knight crossed for Louie Watson in the 6yd box and his brave diving header could not be stopped by Rafael in goal. Reading have some good players on the field and most of the attention was on creative wide man Ovie Ejaria. They equalized though through some bizarre fashion on 23' through Yakou Meite, Imari Samuels got clear of Dylan Williams down the right flank, he found Meite in the box and the half volley was denied on the line by Kornell McDonald whose attempted clearance fell back to Meite and his finish then stuck McDonald in the face before going across the line :D Rooney on the sidelines ''WHAT IS THAT?" type exclamation as he was annoyed at the youngsters naivity. Ten minutes to go until HT and Rafael getting down low and quick to deny Bobby Duncan on the edge of the box. Referee Darren Bond added 2 minutes to the end of the 1st Half and Derby took the lead in spectacular fashion! With the ball headed clear and clock ticking on 46' Dylan Williams beat Josh Laurent to the ball heading to Jason Knight in a central position and from 25yds out Knight hit a sweetly struck shot that dipped past Rafael who actually did get a touch to it but it was too accurate to stop. Rafael again had to be alert to foil Bobby Duncan 5 minutes after the restart, Jordan Brown was lucky to stay on the field on 85' minutes after a lunge on Joao, Derby just had to see the game out and on 93' minutes Reading struck! Ejaria's through pass to Puscas was covered by Eiran Cashin but his pass inside the box to Andy Rinomhota who let fly and smashed in to save Reading at 2-2. Rooney looked a frustrated figure at the end, realizing that Knight's stunning goal was wiped out by a lack of concentration at the end. D 2-2

Saturday 2nd October 2021 - AT Pride Park Stadium, Derby, Ref: Tim Robinson
    We stay at home to host Swansea in our final match of this Episodic update; with a L and D following last 2 games our patchy form continues and Rooney would of hoped some momentum picked up after at least scoring 2 against Reading in mid-week. The opening 20 minutes would see a midfield exchange and battle for the ball, Swansea unlucky not to go ahead when Roberts long range effort hit the angle of crossbar and post. Five minutes later Dhanda's surge into the box was met with a roar, as he thumped an effort off the crossbar and again Derby relieved not to be behind. Time running down in the 1st and Derby broke from a Swans corner, Max Bird's long high through pass found Tom Lawrence cutting into goal 1 on 1 but his scuffed finish went wide without troubling Hamer in goal. At 0-0 HT scoreline looked bleak for us once more, Swansea were happy to let us have the ball but suffocated us in the final 3rd. Five minutes after the break Roos finger tip save denied Dhandas acrobatic half volley. Moments after the hour you sensed a goal was coming either end as both Hamer and Roos had been busy and the home side took the lead finally, with Sibley finding Lawrence out wide on the left he whipped in a superb cross, James Scott left the ball for the back post where Captain Graeme Shinnie arrived to sidefoot home inside the 6yd box! Pride Park erupted! The Captain running off to celebrate his 1st goal this season. With 20 minutes left Lawrence swung in a CK from the left wing, Rooney's knock down into the 6yd box found James Scott who steered the ball in beyond Hamer, with the defender on the line struggling to keep it out. A Win for Derby finally at 2-0, Swansea made us really work for it especially after that 1st half. W 2-0

EFL Championship - 11GP 1st Week of October 2021
    1. Nottingham Forest W7 D1 L3 22PTS
    2. Sheffield Utd W5 D6 L0 21PTS
    3. West Brom W6 D3 L2 21PTS
    4. Fulham W6 D3 L2 21PTS
    5. Middlesbrough W6 D2 L3 20PTS
    6. Birmingham City W6 D1 L4 19PTS
    7. Millwall W6 D1 L4 19PTS
    8. Bristol City W4 D5 L2 17PTS
    9. Blackburn Rovers W5 D2 L4 17PTS
    10. Coventry City W5 D2 L4 17PTS
    11. Barnsley W5 D2 L4 17PTS
    12. Hull City W4 D4 L3 16PTS
    13. QPR W4 D3 L4 15PTS
    14. Peterborough W4 D3 L4 15PTS
    15. Reading W3 D4 L4 13PTS
    16. Preston NE W4 D0 L7 12PTS
    17. Cardiff City W2 D6 L3 12PTS
    18. Derby County W2 D6 L3 12PTS
    19. Swansea City W3 D3 L5 12PTS
    20. AFC Bournemouth W3 D2 L6 11PTS
    21. Blackpool W 2 D3 L6 9PTS
    22. Huddersfield W1 D5 L5 8PTS
    23. Luton Town W2 D2 L7 8PTS
    24. Stoke City W1 D3 L7 6PTS

That wraps up this update ;) when we come back for Episode 6 we'll be covering 4 matches and finishing October and we're confident this will be our start to the season, we've done well to hang on in matches but we need to push ourselves away from the dangers at the bottom and get into mid-table, respectively we have Preston NE, Luton Town, Coventry City and Blackburn Rovers coming next. Preston just above us, Luton with an awful start already in the relegation zone and both Blackburn Rovers and Coventry in and around the mid-table spots we should be picking up at least 2 wins here and a couple of draws! We're very optimistic about these next few matches. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this update of course I love any kind of interaction on my CM especially to the Channel that I have worked so hard with over the last year so if you do have 10 minutes I massively appreciate any support my way. I hope you all have a fantastic Week!
    ~Arlad
  • Danimal5981
    I think you saw my comment already on YT: option 2, the Kiwi Goalkeeper!
  • ArladArlad
    Update: I just found out that AFC Bournemouth sold their best GK Mark Travers 68 rated to FC Sion, they must of done this in the summer and their only GK option now is Will Dennis 57 rated :# I guess that explains why they have 3W and sit just above the relegation spots. This prompted me to go Ham on it by reposting it to reddit/forus here and reporting it to EA Directly. They need to sort this *Poop* out
  • Steffolovitch
    1548 posts Play-Off Hero
    Looks like you draw more than half your games so far. Unlike Preston North End, who are either win or lose. It's a good trait to avoid defeat, but you'd wish for some of those draws to edge over and become a win, I reckon.

I like you considerations regarding a new goalie, and I prefer the first two options. Especially since the youth system doesn't work properly at the moment, with most academy players missing shirt sponsors, kit numbers etc. That's another matter for EA to sort out!

Between Marinovic and Allsop, I have to say I prefer the latter, keeping a British identity and all, and you'll know what you get. But the other option would also do just fine.
  • ArladArlad
    Between Marinovic and Allsop, I have to say I prefer the latter, keeping a British identity and all, and you'll know what you get. But the other option would also do just fine.

thank you for the vote on it :) I have some feedback as well against resigning Allsop even though initially I really wanted to (british contingent) lol :D it seems to be more a continuity issue cos we released him before the start of the save. Maybe we can find an out of contract guy in January? sign him PC for the summer. Right now the Kiwi lad Marinovic leads the way in voting.

• CHYP2074
    2598 posts Fans' Favourite
    Joining the train late but I really like the idea of making Rooney a great manager after he was a great player.
  • ArladArlad
    CHYP2074 wrote: »
    Joining the train late but I really like the idea of making Rooney a great manager after he was a great player.

thanks! yeah and if you ever have some free time over this wk'end I recommend checking out my YT channel where you can see the goals/highlights and how we're doing, I'm providing a textual update also here on this thread for those who can't make the channel :)