What graphical settings to use?

Verdi42
347 posts Sunday League Hero
I have a pretty decent PC, but I'm always having some kind of stuttering or input lag. What should I do in terms of directx, vsync, gsync, fps-cap, tripple buffering, low latency mode, fullscreen or windowed, ...

I've tried various combinations, but none seems to work fine. Any help would be appreciated.

My specs:
144hz screen
SSD
GTX 1060 6GB
i5-10600KF

Comments

• Verdi42
    Best so far is lock to 30 in the FIFA22 setup screen.
  • madmarman40
    277 posts Sunday League Hero
    what is your system ram
  • Verdi42
    16GB
  • madmarman40
    Verdi42 wrote: »
    16GB

I'm building a new system and needed some RAM from this one I had 32GB and removed 16 , I had the page file set to 0 . When I replayed this game after this change it was crashing , so I set the page file to system managed and that fixed it . Later poped the extra 16GB back in returned the page file back to 0 and it was also running good . S see how your page file is set because 16GB is not enough without help from the page file
  • madmarman40
    I play all settings maxed with a similar graphics card to you and run it with no fps lock . I get 150fps with no problems in-game , I have the card settings set to default
  • Verdi42
    Yeah, I get 250 fps, but it comes with stutter.
  • SimenHP
    6052 posts Big Money Move
    i7-11700k
    3060ti
    16gb 3600mhz

200-300 fps on max settings, but it's still laggy as h*ll because of EA servers
  • Verdi42
    But that's online. I get stutter offline.
  • You could try the following NVidia graphics driver settings:
    RtFPuM1.png
    btQmtOm.png
    bobOXX0.png

FIFASetup
    3Ax554y.png
  • Klapooz
    53 posts Park Captain
    If you don't cap your fps to your refresh rate, you will get constant micro stuttering unless you have an old machine . Use Vsync (cap to 60 fps in game options this locks it to what ever your monitor is set to) or just cap max fps in the Nvidia control panel.
  • Verdi42
    Thank, but I know that. The issue is that there are two options:
    - vsync with no stutters but with input lag
    - no vsync with no input lag but with stutters
  • Hello,
    to avoid input lag/delay just play the game using an Xbox One controller (like Daystrike Camo) connected via USB-C cable.
  • Klapooz
    53 posts Park Captain
    There is no way you will notice input lag in a game like FIFA using a game pad. It's not a twitch response FPS game.
  • Verdi42
    Well, when the tackle is only happening a second after I press the button on one play session, and it's instant on another play session, wouldn't that be considered input lag?