Reasons we struggle in this game?

paul24878306
5549 posts Big Money Move
Ill start.

Im 54 - reactions are trash (people on me before Ive realised who has the ball lol)
I cant skill
I cant time shoot
I cant switch reliably or fast enough (unlike my oponants it seems)
I refuse to pack the box
I refuse to spam long balls
I refuse to use swingers as strikers of fullbacks as centreback.

Comments

• AlexBear012
    3386 posts National Call-Up
    i don't play online much really

i skip WL because it's too stressful and just play Rivals only when needed for objectives

yeah i main SB but i actually have fun lol
  • Gogs
    721 posts Semi-Pro
    Ill start.

Im 54 - reactions are trash (people on me before Ive realised who has the ball lol)
    I cant skill
    I cant time shoot
    I refuse to pack the box

I'm wondering why your phone autocorrected wingers to swingers? 🤔

🤣🤣🤣
  • MrRoadToGlory
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Whats wrong with using rashford as striker for example?
  • djnition
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero

because that aint his position! if he was meant to be be striker his card would say STC or CF
  • paul24878306
    Ill start.

I cant skill
    I cant time shoot
    I cant switch reliably or fast enough (unlike my opponents it seems)
    I refuse to pack the box
    I refuse to use wingers as strikers of fullbacks as centerback.

• Rename123456
    425 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Delay..Like holy sh**, even my grandparents that are dead are faster than this
  • Eisenhardt
    4256 posts National Call-Up
    djnition wrote: »

because that aint his position! if he was meant to be be striker his card would say STC or CF

It's my ultimate team, I can decide where a player can or cannot play no?
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    edited October 2021

I mean, at a push, I've used cutlery as a screw driver before.
  • Ill start.

I cant skill
    I cant time shoot
    I refuse to pack the box

I'm wondering why your phone autocorrected wingers to swingers? 🤔

🤣🤣🤣
  • paul24878306
    Eisenhardt wrote: »

that is the point - you can, but you shouldnt. There should be a code of conduct. They have positions - play them in those oppositions. I dont think it should even be an option.....
  • djnition
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2021

that is the point - you can, but you shouldnt. There should be a code of conduct. They have positions - play them in those oppositions. I dont think it should even be an option.....

exactly ea should make it so a player cannot be played in a position which they dont play as in rm can only play rm/rw/rf
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class

I can't agree with this simply because players in real life might play across a variety of positions to a competent level.

What should happen is if a player is a proven natural in several positions, say RW, ST and Cam, then they should have the chem in those positions.

Stat penalties should be applied for not playing in natural positions, as an example, some were using Bales winger card as a CDM several years ago and it was very affective, that is something that shouldn't happen.
  • djnition
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero

I can't agree with this simply because players in real life might play across a variety of positions to a competent level.

What should happen is if a player is a proven natural in several positions, say RW, ST and Cam, then they should have the chem in those positions.

Stat penalties should be applied for not playing in natural positions, as an example, some were using Bales winger card as a CDM several years ago and it was very affective, that is something that shouldn't happen.

yeh i could agree with that to be fair its like i came across someone with a fast attack and also playyingvardy & werner at cm like literally its stupid as hell they can dominate actual real midfielders
  • MrRoadToGlory
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special

100% correct
  • HulkSmashPotato
    1460 posts Play-Off Hero

Unless you are Kieron Dyer.... Didn't Lee Bower give him a slap for not trying at right back 🤔
  • paul24878306
    edited October 2021

This was a conversation a few years back.

After pages of discussion - the preferred method would be for each card to have a number of positions. Those they play regularly, those they can play but dont usually and those they cant play - each category changing how chem works. Regularly they have 10 chem (boost), irregularly they have 4 (no effect) and not at all they have 0 (lose stats).

The stats they loose would be ALL stats, so -4 in EVERY catagory. If you WANT to use Bale in a CDM role fine, but he has -4 pace, -4 acceleration, -4 passing - 4 tackling etc

So a LB might also play RB a lot (aspilaqueta, cancello for instance) so could have 10 chem in either slot. Cancello would also get 4 chem at CMD/CM as well. Wingers such as sterling get 10 chem both sides, 4 at CAM but 0 at striker.

A card would have SETS of position, their prime (in green so full chem) their secondary (yellow so 4 chem) and all the rest are deemed as red - so 0 chem.

This system isnt that hard to instigate at all - and means players reflect where they do - or cam play in real life and where they just cant. Stops Kante being a striker for full chem and moved in game for instance. Or Ronaldo at CDM for the same reason.

In the case of Rashford, Hed get full chem at LW/LF and 4 at striker.
  • Rename123456
    425 posts An Exciting Prospect

This was a conversation a few years back.

After pages of discussion - the preferred method would be for each car top have a number of positions. Those they play regularly, those they can play but dont usually and those they cant play - each category changing how chem works. Regularly they have 10 chem (boost), irregularly they have 4 (no effect) and not at all they have 0 (lose stats).

The stats they loose would be ALL stats, so -4 in EVERY catagory.

So a LB might also play RB a lot (aspilaqueta, cancello for instance) sop could have 10 chem in either slot. Cancello would also get 4 chem at CMD/CM as well. Wingers such as sterling get 10 chem both sides, 4 at CAM but 0 at striker.

A card would have SETS of position, their prime (in green) their secondary (yellow) and all the rest are deemed as red - so 0 chem.

This system isnt that hart to insigate at all - and means players reflect where they do - or cam play in real life and where they just cant. Stops Kanet being a striker for full chem and moved in game for instance.

In the case of Rashford, Hed get full chem at LW/LF and 4 at striker.

The problem with that is that EA doesn’t watch football at all to know about that, but that’s what MLB The Show does. For example, players have a primary and 1-2-3-4 or more secondary positions, depends where they play.
  • Afridi19
    787 posts Semi-Pro
    Delay is huge impacting gameplay.

Early time all fifa games it runs great, after some time delay kicks in. EA should fix this broken game!
  • BarleyJohn
    52 posts Park Captain
    Ill start.

I cant skill
    I cant time shoot
    I refuse to pack the box

I’m 37 and agree with every one of these in my scenario. Still a Div 1/ Div 2 player but it’s getting harder and harder with each passing year.

But my main issue has been that i try to play Fifa like football rather than like a video game. Funnily, it’s one of the reasons that I’m seeming to enjoy this year’s one over than previous years.

• paul24878306
    edited October 2021
    See - my methodology as well. Its a football game, play it like football.....but no, winning at all costs, by any means fair or foul until it doesnt resemble the beautiful game at all seems to be how most view it.

And Why?????

So they can get better rewards, for better cards they will continue to use in the wrong places and not play football.

its beyond me - honestly.
  • DukeAgain
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Shoddy servers,can have 10 ping and still get the connection warning at the top of the screen.
  • For me it's the ai defending my last game was all over him playing sum amazing tika taka but ai kept bailing him out. When he win ball was one of worst players av played he just ran with ball like his life depended on it.

It's we're we are at on fifa tbh I like game but every game is ptb counters there no varity in play styles and with no attacking ai is bad they always focus on defending never attacking
  • TheMightyBee
    4020 posts National Call-Up
    I just don’t care enough to try and be really good, so basically laziness.
  • DukeAgain
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just played a game where I had 12 ping all game,connection warning the whole game between orange and red,couldn't switch players,passes going wherever they want and all shots hitting the post. Makes playing pointless when nothing goes in your favour.