Got a weird feeling EA will change weekend league again.

ProfanPes
466 posts An Exciting Prospect
Reckon they’ll make it easier for people to qualify as I’ve seen loads complaint on Twitter because some streamers can’t qualify and loads can’t qualify.
If they do then I’m done. If people can’t win 5 games then why should they deserve to be in weekend league 🙄

Comments

• Jordonp
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    If they apply the ELO system to qualifying it’s problem solved.

Also qualifying on a Friday when weekend league is open is much easier as all the pros / elite will have already qualified.
  • I SiR MartY I
    10357 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 9
    They wont.

People complain about lots of things and it remains unchanged
  • Mmandras
    5892 posts Big Money Move
    They might change it if it gains momentum in the streaming community. I do expect some sense in EA - worse rewards is one thing but making a whole mode less populated is just weird.
  • Jdizzle
    2839 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not sure if they can change it tbh.
  • Irishlion_04
    89 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I qualified for weekend league. Finished with 20 points. The rewards were a couple of average gold packs where the best player I got out of them some 82 bum. The rewards aren’t even with the grind tbh.
  • Andyh60
    1978 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 9
    Again agree with actually having to qualify but stupid the way its done in terms of "giving free wins" but yes having only 7 chances a season to enter / too much grind to get 1500 rival points each time. 3 free goes each week, simple as that, dont even need to connect it with rival points at all.
  • Hammer316
    3147 posts National Call-Up
    I qualified for weekend league. Finished with 20 points. The rewards were a couple of average gold packs where the best player I got out of them some 82 bum. The rewards aren’t even with the grind tbh.

That's your issue, the rewards in WL are better for most players. 8 wins gets you 100k pack, a totw pack and two red picks. This is elite 3 rewards for a silver 1 finish.
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    4172 posts National Call-Up
    Jdizzle wrote: »
    Not sure if they can change it tbh.

They can change anything in the code and apply it via a patch.
  • I can see them making it unlimited season entries instead of the 7 a season we currently have.
  • I can see them making it unlimited season entries instead of the 7 a season we currently have.

This would work because it will still take a grind to keep getting the points to try reach the playoffs
  • Ludinator19
    849 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 9
    ProfanPes wrote: »
    Reckon they’ll make it easier for people to qualify as I’ve seen loads complaint on Twitter because some streamers can’t qualify and loads can’t qualify.
    If they do then I’m done. If people can’t win 5 games then why should they deserve to be in weekend league 🙄
    FB bk
  • DannySTFC
    7912 posts League Winner
    They should give players more entries into the playoffs at least, 7 entries for 6 weekends isn’t enough.

I think qualifying will become easier. As more weeks go by more and more casual players will have built up 1500 points to enter so the standard should drop. The standard definitely dropped between week one and week two.
  • ContraCode64
    3786 posts National Call-Up
    They should take away the limit on tries. I don't really see the point of that.

Otherwise I don't see any big changes unless engagement or FP sales drop off significantly.
  • PaulDr
    2664 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 9
    One or the other would do - a qualifying round limited to one try a week (no need to make it multiple tries) or points accumulated from rivals as it used to be. Having both is just overkill.
  • ProfanPes
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 9
    Weekend league shouldn’t be easy to qualify, it’s almost like people don’t want to work hard for rewards anymore 🤨
    As previously said if you can’t win 5 outta 7 then you have no right to play with the best players
  • RedPlanet1986
    132 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Weekend league shouldn’t be easy to qualify, it’s almost like people don’t want to work hard for rewards anymore 🤨
    As previously said if you can’t win 5 outta 7 then you have no right to play with the best players

Yep, it's actually a good thing for G3 players like myself who are unlikely to make it. In FIFA 21, I would play WL most weekends and would be stressed out during most of the matches, then ask myself why did I choose to go through this? And do it next weekend all over again :D

EA has now kindly made it more difficult for me to waste my weekend by feeling stressed and trying to chase some pointless awards. :)
  • MakingmeMad
    386 posts Sunday League Hero
    They’ll change anything if it hurts fp sales.
  • EdgySam
    91 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've just gone 5-0 in my first attempt. I'm in division 5 with a bog standard Meta sweat team 😂 last guy I beat had Messi and abedi Pele
  • rmoxon
    3467 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 9
    It’s not that hard to quality, it’s only 5 out of 9 games that you have to win.

If people can’t win that then I don’t know why they think they deserve to be in WL.

I’d also argue that the qualifying is part of the WL anyway. You even get rewards from it.
  • Edge01
    360 posts Sunday League Hero
    This weekend made it worse being the first one as it felt such a slog to even build up the points. I got to division 5 before I even had enough points for the playoffs. I was a division 3/4 player last year and g3 (sometimes g2) but I think I only won about 3 in the playoffs as it depends who you get drawn to play against and most people's teams were stronger than mine. I do not mind qualifying but would prefer it to be separate and you get two chances a week. If this continues I doubt I will play as much as I did last year.
  • FlyingOkapis
    1542 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm somewhat surprised people are claiming WL is for the 'best players', I'm very average at Fifa, possibly below average but WL really isnt that hard and there is some absolute awful players in it.

Personally I found the Qualifiers a lot harder than the WL, yes there are the best players in WL but its definitely still made up of a random mix.

It is 100% sweaty though, people love a pause and time waste.

I suppose everyone in WL has 'earnt' there participation but yeah, it definitely isnt the best and only the best.
  • Rickmord
    694 posts Semi-Pro
    Only a g2 player last year but went 6-3 and then 8-6 last night for elite rewards. Gave last 6 away. Wasn’t too sweaty either. I prefer this system
  • rmoxon
    3467 posts National Call-Up
    Rickmord wrote: »
    Only a g2 player last year but went 6-3 and then 8-6 last night for elite rewards. Gave last 6 away. Wasn’t too sweaty either. I prefer this system

Yeah. Only 8 wins for a TOTW pack is pretty incredible IMO.
  • Andyh60
    rmoxon wrote: »
    It’s not that hard to quality, it’s only 5 out of 9 games that you have to win.

If people can’t win that then I don’t know why they think they deserve to be in WL.

I’d also argue that the qualifying is part of the WL anyway. You even get rewards from it.

Totally agree with all this but only 7 entries per season AND to regrind 1500 points is the bit that's totally wrong. 3 entries per week and no need to relate to rivals. Let rivals be rivals and champs be champs not that hard. Even say make additonal entry 20k or something, that would certainly make it interesting/ spice it up a bit.
  • Rich
    769 posts Semi-Pro
    If I don't qualify which I probably won't then it's on me for being ❤️❤️❤️❤️. If I want to qualify then I need to improve, I don't get why people complain about this.

The only argument could be the loss of all the quali points which is a pain.
  • MrRoadToGlory
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If you are a streamer but can’t even qualify.. 😅
  • Blytz
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The rewards from the qualifiers are compensation and are part of the weekend league process. The issue with breaking it up is that the weekend league itself looks so much better - but you are playing better players due to the qualifiers filtering and every game should be tougher.

So if they opened it up expect the rewards to be nerfed. And in this current format wanting ELO again makes no sense. Players would be punished for being better…

• The issues is the qualifying part it's the grind to 're qualify. And for most there struggling to qualify so don't want to grind 1500 points again and if they fail again.

We can only see what ea do cause they have the numbers and if too many stop playing game they will have to change. And there s a lot more casual players than streamers and content creators. And who don't use forums ect will just say na not for me.

And the big problem. Ea face for change to come how many casual players ect who can't qualify and never but points again as it's not worth the hassle.

Right now there is no fun mode on fifa rivals is now the esport way so champs could have been made a fun experience me personally would have it free to enter at weekend let everyone just have fun for rewards
  • Andyh60
    The issues is the qualifying part it's the grind to 're qualify. And for most there struggling to qualify so don't want to grind 1500 points again and if they fail again.

Yes still dont know what's the worse bit the regrind or limited qualifying attempts in season, prob latter but anyway the fact its both is totally out of order. Even to get say 250 riv points for rank 4 and say 750 for rank 3 which is what I've got both times at least gives me half back not nope..
  • SmokeSwift1
    4282 posts National Call-Up

Bro I'm div 3 and i won my last game with a 90+ equalizer with loan Mbappe. DIV 3!!. Surely getting 2000 points every week should be torture enough. What the point of playoff. It's a terrible idea. Kast year was better