5 straight games with 85% possession..¿Is this fun?

Rename123456
425 posts An Exciting Prospect
As the title says, it's been 5 games were I have ended the game with 85% possession or more. Now, this because my opp is just trying to cut the passing lanes and sending the CPU trying to take the ball, like he never tried to tackle me or anything.

....I miss the old days were defending was manual

Comments

• JonesyYo
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    85 is overkill only got yourself to blame there!
  • Rename123456
    JonesyYo wrote: »

¿Why me? That's what I'm trying to understand..Like the other guy is obviously not playing, he's just trying to cut the passing lanes and leaving the CPU to take the ball away.
  • RadioShaq
    18962 posts Moderator
    Just watched Italian stallion and possession is going to be to easy again this year. He had to speed up the video just because of how boring it is to play against.
  • Rename123456
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Just watched Italian stallion and possession is going to be to easy again this year. He had to speed up the video just because of how boring it is to play against.

Actually that would help me a ton for my thesis. Because for example, if both of the players are playing the game then it's a fun game (yeah, you might have delay, but at least there are two humans playing), but I've seen twitch streamers angry and saying this is so slow when the other "human" is just cutting the passing lanes and trying to take the ball with the CPU, which just leaves one human vs CPU, which it's not the point of online matches.
  • MohLetsGo
    78 posts Park Captain

IT is boring, but not as boring as 1 depth full team infront of the 18 yards and through ball all day long. Like we are in a marathon not a football game.
  • RadioShaq
    18962 posts Moderator
    Yeah hopefully they make offense manual. It’s a start making it semi for at least through balls this year.
  • Rename123456
    Yeah hopefully they make offense manual. It’s a start making it semi for at least through balls this year.

Attacking is manual.
  • RadioShaq
    18962 posts Moderator
    Not unless you turn it on.
  • LSB1210
    546 posts An Exciting Prospect
    As the title says, it's been 5 games were I have ended the game with 85% possession or more. Now, this because my opp is just trying to cut the passing lanes and sending the CPU trying to take the ball, like he never tried to tackle me or anything.

That’s because if you manually tackle, even if it’s good timed and correctly executed, in 90% of the cases the ball bounces back to the opponent. I know this because i manually defend and i’m constantly punished for doing so.
  • Jamiebanksrfc1986
    1160 posts Professional

For them to do that then defence needs manual ie can only win ball back if u use tackle button.

Can't just have offense manual and defence auto
  • Rename123456
    Not unless you turn it on.

Ohhh..I see what you're saying. I'm saying that it is manual because it's a human behaviour, you need to attack (that being manual) to score. Defending is just the opposite, since it's not manual, you don't have to defend manual to get the ball back or to avoid your opp to score.
  • Rename123456
    LSB1210 wrote: »

That’s because if you manually tackle, even if it’s good timed and correctly executed, in 90% of the cases the ball bounces back to the opponent. I know this because i manually defend and i’m constantly punished for doing so.

That's something I've been seeing a ton this year..It kinda sucks, but from a game developer view that's good design.
  • RadioShaq
    18962 posts Moderator

For them to do that then defence needs manual ie can only win ball back if u use tackle button.

Can't just have offense manual and defence auto

Well yeah you can’t have defense be manual and offense not be manual. You can only control one player on defense at a time.
  • Jfo88
    23100 posts Club Captain
    Git gud
  • Rename123456
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    Git gud

I mean..I won those 5 matches, but it was so boring.
  • JonesyYo
    248 posts Sunday League Hero

¿Why me? That's what I'm trying to understand..Like the other guy is obviously not playing, he's just trying to cut the passing lanes and leaving the CPU to take the ball away.

I just think your not taking enough risk, I average about 65% sometimes you’ve got to try them 50/50s. Even if it means they turn over and attack at least they are out of position when you win it back.

• Rename123456

I just think your not taking enough risk, I average about 65% sometimes you’ve got to try them 50/50s. Even if it means they turn over and attack at least they are out of position when you win it back.

What I'm trying to do with that is trying to "teach" them how to play. Because at that moment I'm just playing vs the CPU, so I don't see the point of playing a online game vs a "human" if they are going to just have a CPU State behaviour.
  • Topperz14
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've had similar experiences opponent had every player in own half never once pressed me anytime when he attacked and lost ball he would just let his team run back and waited until I moved into his congested team of 11 defenders cba playing that do just quit nil each I'm nit wasting 12 minutes watching that guy auto defend long ball over top
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class

What I'm trying to do with that is trying to "teach" them how to play. Because at that moment I'm just playing vs the CPU, so I don't see the point of playing a online game vs a "human" if they are going to just have a CPU State behaviour.

You're not going to teach them anything, I've been there myself with the 85% possession, beating them easy. For every person like us, they'll play 10 dumb people that will lose the ball to them and lead to their effective counter.

They're happy to take the occasional loss because 90% of the time that tactic works for them.
  • David12344
    17344 posts World Class
    edited October 6

Had same. Man makes 59 tackles and just sits back. I don’t wanna play like this but after he whacks that r1 and scored one and this is his tactics all game. Why should I give him the ball. And it’s a slow delay fest so I ain’t getting through quickly.

Another year of the 🐀🐀🐀🐀

I hate it make Fifa fun
  • Rename123456

You're not going to teach them anything, I've been there myself with the 85% possession, beating them easy. For every person like us, they'll play 10 dumb people that will lose the ball to them and lead to their effective counter.

They're happy to take the occasional loss because 90% of the time that tactic works for them.

Not sure if they are happy, since all of them sent me a message saying all type of stuff haha
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class

Not sure if they are happy, since all of them sent me a message saying all type of stuff haha

Yeah because they didn't get their own way. Just wait until you have high possession and lose to a sweaty counter attack goal and see the message you get then. Sad thing is, it's almost always someone in their 30s that should know better.
  • ProfanPes
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Unfortunately the Fifa community nowadays only know drop back tactics and will cut their leg off in order to get a win on Fifa 😂 Old school Fifa was the best but then again we can blame ultimate team for that with the ridiculous shiny card hype and delayed awful gameplay
  • paul24878306
    5549 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 6

Attacking is manual.

I dont know many who manually attack.

That means manual passing and shooting, not assisted or semi. Ditto thru balls and lobbed....