Are check points the biggest issue?

JustusX
3334 posts National Call-Up
edited October 2021
I feel that these check points might be one of the bigger issues this year.

It feels like it’s too easy to go up divisions now as once you reach that final checkpoint and there is no going back, it only takes a couple of lucky wins or disconnects to get promotion.

I mean last year you had to put together a good string of results for promotion. Now you can lose 20-30 games and then in 2 wins get promotion!

Maybe just one mid point check point would have been enough?

Comments

• RadioShaq
    19689 posts Moderator
    I would say giving it more time is the biggest problem. It’s only been a few days so it’s hard to say.
  • shepj6
    1640 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’d given it a bit more time, also don’t forget at the end of the season we all get relegated and ea haven’t said how many divisions that will be. Maybe 2/3 divisions perhaps.
  • shepj6 wrote: »
    I’d given it a bit more time, also don’t forget at the end of the season we all get relegated and ea haven’t said how many divisions that will be. Maybe 2/3 divisions perhaps.

Also who's to say they won't change the wins for promotion next season or the checkpoints, you could go down 2 divisions at the end of this season then only 1 the next who knows the twisted thinking of ea
  • RadioShaq
    19689 posts Moderator
    Start everyone in division 10 so players in division 1-2 can get some casual wins again.
  • Rainaz
    1042 posts Professional
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Start everyone in division 10 so players in division 1-2 can get some casual wins again.

I think they should do this every season and make the seasons shorter. Would benefit everyone
  • Rainaz
    1042 posts Professional
    edited October 2021
    Rainaz wrote: »

I think they should do this every season and make the seasons shorter. Would benefit everyone

Also they should make icon swaps requirements etc lower per the div you're in. Gives incentives
  • RichT
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I was division 5 last year and can't get out of division 10.

Lost 9 won 1! Was about to win a second and I got logged out. Got zero rewards out of ten games.

I'm still playing people constantly that were above division 5 last year.

I think at the moment most average players are waiting for the bun fight to calm down. Or I'm being matched against higher divisions. Something isn't right.

I can't carry on like this.

• bigpokey24
    5698 posts Big Money Move
    JustusX wrote: »
    I feel that these check points might be one of the bigger issues this year.

It feels like it’s too easy to go up divisions now as once you reach that final checkpoint and there is no going back, it only takes a couple of lucky wins or disconnects to get promotion.

I mean last year you had to put together a good string of results for promotion. Now you can lose 20-30 games and then in 2 wins get promotion!

Maybe just one mid point check point would have been enough?

when the season resets, i think people will be relegated proper
  • Nickthegreek20
    2401 posts Fans' Favourite

I wouldn’t want the first few weeks of every season being the same as the start of the game though.

Maybe drop 2-3 divisions would work better
  • SignpostSounder
    4213 posts National Call-Up
    RichT wrote: »

Lost 9 won 1! Was about to win a second and I got logged out. Got zero rewards out of ten games.

I think at the moment most average players are waiting for the bun fight to calm down. Or I'm being matched against higher divisions. Something isn't right.

That's an assumption, surely?

I only say that, because I was D4 last year and I've more or less walked through to Division 6 so far.

I find it hard to believe that everybody is just sitting in D10. Anybody who was above D5 last year will likely be interested in playing FUT Champs, and they aren't going to be sat there playing 400 matches to qualify for the Playoffs, and losing 400 more so they don't get promoted.
  • Diddymow
    5802 posts Big Money Move
    Next season everyone will just stay in the lower divisions. Win 1, quit 1 and you'll maintain your rank.
  • RadioShaq
    19689 posts Moderator

I wouldn’t want the first few weeks of every season being the same as the start of the game though.

Maybe drop 2-3 divisions would work better

Only problem with this is if you drop division 1 player 2-3 divisions they would still be playing division 1-2 players on their way back up so it wouldn’t be casual enough.

If you start everyone in 10 again then division 1 players would get casual games again.
  • RichT
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RichT wrote: »

That's an assumption, surely?

I only say that, because I was D4 last year and I've more or less walked through to Division 6 so far.

I find it hard to believe that everybody is just sitting in D10. Anybody who was above D5 last year will likely be interested in playing FUT Champs, and they aren't going to be sat there playing 400 matches to qualify for the Playoffs, and losing 400 more so they don't get promoted.

I didn't say they were sitting in 10. It could just be better players starting their rivals journey.

Could take a while to stabalize.
  • Hamzy_LFC
    2871 posts National Call-Up
    You all get placed into lower divisions once the current seasons ends anyway based on your progress…

Rivals is much better this year. Last year was a chore and I had to play to reach 14000 SP every week just to guarantee me rank 1 in div 3/2

I sometime has to play rivals before champs to secure SP as 400 KP wasn’t enough from
    Champs.
  • IraqBruin
    2242 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think they need to change it, the higher the division the higher number of checkpoints. The more elite and hardcore players will be filtered up rather quickly.
  • JRGnHoff
    188 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Diddymow wrote: »
    Next season everyone will just stay in the lower divisions. Win 1, quit 1 and you'll maintain your rank.

Yes but our records will go to ❤️❤️❤️❤️. How we gonna pick up chick's that way?
  • PaulDr
    3252 posts National Call-Up
    Hamzy_LFC wrote: »
    You all get placed into lower divisions once the current seasons ends anyway based on your progress…

Rivals is much better this year. Last year was a chore and I had to play to reach 14000 SP every week just to guarantee me rank 1 in div 3/2

I sometime has to play rivals before champs to secure SP as 400 KP wasn’t enough from
    Champs.

But if you were playing fut champs you generally only needed to win a couple of games each week in rivals. Now it is 7 for the equivalent of tier one rewards.
  • Diddymow
    5802 posts Big Money Move
    JRGnHoff wrote: »
    Diddymow wrote: »

Yes but our records will go to ❤️❤️❤️❤️. How we gonna pick up chick's that way?

Just hide your record in your stadium, nobody will ever know.
  • truegunn3r
    12982 posts World Class
    edited October 2021
    Yeah but everyone else at your level are also losing 20-30 games, then winning 2 and moving up. It’s all relative. You should still move along with people who are at your level unless you are playing way too many DR games each week which has just stretched you too far ahead from everyone else. Just give it a couple of days and people will start catching up.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2021

Please no way lol.

Then it’s rubbish rewards again and doing the whole rat race thing where you play top players all over 😂

How many will have the grind in them to start in division ten every month. It’s demoralising