I'm worried for this year!

RSL183
1098 posts Professional
Just looking at the forum there is so much negativity on the game. Rightly so in my opinion. Who tested this game in the beta and I would love to know what feedback was given. People were just streaming the game and showing pack animations to get views. The first patch is a massive one for EA. I've never seen it this bad and we're only a few weeks in. Game changers.. where are you u lil punks

Comments

• blue166
    1535 posts Play-Off Hero
    The game is far from perfect but you realise the same people on this forum complaining isn't a smidge on those just playing it right?

They sell millions of copies and it's only us lot on these forums. Is that saying those other people aren't frustrated with things? No of course not but it's only us same lot here.

There are things that need fixing/tweaking for sure.
  • Gidzi
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    blue166 wrote: »
    The game is far from perfect but you realise the same people on this forum complaining isn't a smidge on those just playing it right?

They sell millions of copies and it's only us lot on these forums. Is that saying those other people aren't frustrated with things? No of course not but it's only us same lot here.

This is exactly how konami was thinking in 2013. Milions of sold copies, few hundreds of people complaining. Who cares, we do what we want. We all know where is PES now.
  • Wilcox2012
    63 posts Park Captain
    It’s definitely not gonna last the year unless they patch it heavily the casuals will not wanna get shafted every week for little to no rewards and op squad battles won’t help either
  • joehuk
    8080 posts League Winner
    RSL183 wrote: »
    People were just streaming the game and showing pack animations to get views.

this is the issue.

100% little feedback was given or good feedback, the game is pretty poor in many ways.

I honestly can't see it as an improvement on last year.

Next gen is pretty bad, delayed animations, causing delayed passes and shots in online game that already is slightly delayed is a recipie for complete rng gameplay beyond what we've experienced before.

Sitting deep with 8men is far to rewarding

Passes are erratic as ever

Players AI is abysmal, why do my players love to stand / run behind defenders none stop?

Keepers don't get me startrd.

ai blocks again just wow.

Along with other issues I have with series S gameplay is pretty poor.

I'm in div5 and it's horrible
    Playing squad battles against world class is like playing against 10 defenders.
  • MohLetsGo
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just looking at the forum there is so much negativity on the game. Rightly so in my opinion. Who tested this game in the beta and I would love to know what feedback was given. People were just streaming the game and showing pack animations to get views. The first patch is a massive one for EA. I've never seen it this bad and we're only a few weeks in. Game changers.. where are you u lil punks

The game changed so much from the beta. The game play and etc.
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    People complain this much every year.

At least the game slightly resembles football this year, unlike that arcade trash last year.
  • rmoxon
    edited October 2021
    joehuk wrote: »

this is the issue.

100% little feedback was given or good feedback, the game is pretty poor in many ways.

Next gen is pretty bad, delayed animations, causing delayed passes and shots in online game that already is slightly delayed is a recipie for complete rng gameplay beyond what we've experienced before.

Players AI is abysmal, why do my players love to stand / run behind defenders none stop?

Unfortunately everything you are complaining about is inherent of UT in its current state. With so much focus on the promos that we all love, if starter cards could pass and shoot decently then no one would have any need to upgrade them to the latest special cards.
  • Jamieshore22
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    rmoxon wrote: »

this is the issue.

Unfortunately everything you are complaining about is inherent of UT in its current state. With so much focus on the promos that we all love, if starter cards could pass and shoot decently then no one would have any need to upgrade them to the latest special cards.

I seriously don’t think the cards make any different in this game
  • All4fun1991
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    I agree, was here last year around this time but it wasn’t as bad…This years problems could be down to many things, It could be because many people have crossed over to PS5 and Xbox new Series and EA adding the hyper motion feature…The player base doesn’t seem to be very happy….personally I don’t think they will do much, unfortunately you either tolerate the issues or find an alternative.
  • joehuk
    8080 posts League Winner

this is the issue.

eh? only thing that has anything to do with the card stats is passes being erratic?

everything else has nothing to do with the ability of the card?

I could use a 200k CM (Llorente/pogba/Goretzka/KDB) and they feel no different to a 800 coin zielinski lol.

sat on 800k coins becuase there's no need to upgrade when the game feels so 'off'

my post has nothing to do with ability of cards, I don't mind that most cards feel usable to some extent.

just in general the gameplay is pretty bad, most of what i mentioned is how the game plays, AI Wise, tactics, being used, engine physics.
  • rmoxon
    I agree, was here last year around this time but it wasn’t as bad…This years problems could be down to many things, It could be because many people have crossed over to PS5 and Xbox new Series and EA adding the hyper motion feature…The player base doesn’t seem to be very happy….personally I don’t think they will do much, unfortunately you either tolerate the issues or find an alternative.

People aren't happy with new gen because they can’t just spam skill moves and walk through the defence.
  • ICUP
    6981 posts Big Money Move
    blue166 wrote: »

Twitter

A lot of people there hate the game just based on tweets
  • Hoopsterz
    3572 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2021
    Embarrassing how many people have brought the game, dumped money into it then within a few days of it being out properly are already saying the market is dead.. the game is dead.

The game is barely 2 weeks into a 9 month cycle.. How do you expect to have fun for 9 months if you are bored within 2 weeks lol.

Embarrassing.
  • Hammer316
    4158 posts National Call-Up

People aren't happy with new gen because they can’t just spam skill moves and walk through the defence.

Such a stupid comment, pure regurgitation of the clueless arguments on here. Have you even played next gen? It's seriously broken in a lot of ways and that's nothing to do with spamming skill moves or walking through. It's just an RNG mess a lot of the time.
  • TW1103
    4521 posts National Call-Up
    The rewards aren't great and the market is dead, but surely the most important thing is the gameplay? Genuinely it's the most I have enjoyed the gameplay in years.
  • Gidzi
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    That is a question for ea, not for community. How good is a game that is creating so much problems for players, just days after releasing?