Is the current rival format encouraging rage quitting games?

Theomanny
2715 posts National Call-Up
Think i have quit games in div 5 than i have all together since fifa18. The gameplay on Ps5 has gone poo for days now. There is no avenue for learning curve atm.

Not sure whats going on but i hate this game in the current state 😂. I already qualified for champs but game is just really boring with all the rng bounces going on.

And oh I despise the Ps5 controller. Can we use ps4 controller on ps5? There seems to be no grip finger feel on that ps5 controller and my fingers hurt from laser jet driven pass.

Comments

• JustyX
    553 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’m in div6 and probably be in -20 if all my rage quits counted :D
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Thing is I’m rage quitting some. But what is the punishment ?
  • Theomanny
    David12344 wrote: »

Nothing thats the problem lol. As soon as it gets boring i just quit especially in delayed gameplay.
  • Crystal-dan1
    187 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    There used to be a DNF value modifier at the end of matches affecting how many coins you get but I don't think it exists anymore ?
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2021
    Theomanny wrote: »

Nothing thats the problem lol. As soon as it gets boring i just quit especially in delayed gameplay.

Me too. I don’t think you can get relegated 🤣 I just keep moving up. On the verge of five now and my record is not that great lol
  • Robertjames86
    2050 posts Fans' Favourite

Me too. I don’t think you can get relegated 🤣 I just keep moving up. On the verge of five now and my record is not that great lol

Everyone's a winner then!!! Haha this new system is far from perfect but they had to do something about the self relegating that was blighting the game. If only the playerbase had of behaved themselves and not abused the old system we could still have it. But no.......! We ll have to see how it pans out Early days. Maybe rage quitting is taken into account whenever they relegate everyone at the end of the season. Who knows??
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain

Everyone's a winner then!!! Haha this new system is far from perfect but they had to do something about the self relegating that was blighting the game. If only the playerbase had of behaved themselves and not abused the old system we could still have it. But no.......! We ll have to see how it pans out Early days. Maybe rage quitting is taken into account whenever they relegate everyone at the end of the season. Who knows??

Imagine they work out the scores At the end of a season. and you drop like 5 divisions for poor form and rage quitting lol

That will be a harsh lesson for sure. But at moment if a game is laggy or something I’ll just quit and move on.
  • MDR123456
    531 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Think i have quit games in div 5 than i have all together since fifa18. The gameplay on Ps5 has gone poo for days now. There is no avenue for learning curve atm.

Not sure whats going on but i hate this game in the current state 😂. I already qualified for champs but game is just really boring with all the rng bounces going on.

And oh I despise the Ps5 controller. Can we use ps4 controller on ps5? There seems to be no grip finger feel on that ps5 controller and my fingers hurt from laser jet driven pass.

So what? If someone wants to give you the game abs win- who cares?

Sorry you can’t self relegate anymore.
  • Theomanny
    MDR123456 wrote: »

Who is talking about relegation mate? Man get out of here with that bullst
  • Dutch3723
    1879 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ea are doing us a favour, no need to find the elastic bands!
  • MDR123456
    531 posts An Exciting Prospect
    [quote
    [/quote]

So what? If someone wants to give you the game and win- who cares?

Sorry you can’t self relegate anymore. [/quote]

Who is talking about relegation mate? Man get out of here with that bullst [/quote]

Absolutely the only reason to post about it. It’s literally a win-win
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    MDR123456 wrote: »

Who’s talking about self relegation 😂
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2021
    @MDR123456

Yeah you’ve lost the plot of this thread 🤦‍♂️
  • chiholam
    1559 posts Play-Off Hero
    I am in 6 too on PC and it's definitely tough but actually am enjoying Rivals a lot more than last year. Far less meta and glitch "abuse" and the rare player than I have met doing skill moves doing them "sensibly" and its adding to the game rather than detracting.

Haven't played that many yet in Div 6,and only about 1100/1500 for champ points. Probably winning a little more than I am losing but not by much. This ratcheting will bump me to 5 earlier than I think I should be especially since there's been a couple of quick RQs where I think actually the game would be a close one in the end. Seems like there's less patience to fight for a win.
  • Johnny_reb
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    This game is nothing but connection speed. So, yeah, I'm sure those who paid a lot of money for the game and didn't realize that skill is pretty much meaningless when you're 3 frames of latency behind your opponent. I'm sure anyone with a competitive spirit absolutely hates losing to someone just because EA allows this exploitation. So it does induce rage. Do the game designers care? Rhetorical question..just buy more packs and shut up.

I just beat some bloke, though, that had a higher rated team and, undoubtedly, was getting the EA servers favorable speed advantage. He knew it as well. Was just screwing around and screwing around. I snuck in a couple goals while he was skating around all my guys, winning every loose ball, and physically blowing my players off the ball. It was the 'ol tortoise/hare thing.

I've never figured out whether one player is nerfed and the other buffed. Or it's just poor game design. But, it's an obvious component of this game in its online form.

He waited until too late to try to use his advantage. With about 10 minutes left game time, he flies down the field knifing through my trudgy defense. I mean I was slide tackling, doing anything to slow him down. But, with his advantage he was, literally, immune to even taking a hard-slide for a foul. Was ridiculous. No fun for me, but I bet he was loving every second of it.

Of course he gets the goal. I knew he would probably get a couple more with 8 minutes left and me not able to even slow down his attack. So, I just held the ball in the backfield. Wasn't easy, considering his players were moving about 40% faster than mine.

But, I got the win...and will never play Rivals again until I get some legit info that EA has fixed this steaming pile of excrement. It's about as much fun as boxing someone one-handed. Actually, it sort of reminds me of that. Huge deficit and a lot of pain. Ha.