EA - Please dont break it with patches

After Fifa21 I had no hopes that EA will ever release a game that involves any football logic. Where AI is varied, unpredictable and fun to play against.

Beta did not show much of a promise, but to my surprise - full release is amazing. Dont get me wrong - its not a perfect game by any means, but coming from F21 this is brilliant.

Pace of the game is nice, its challenging, you have to work for your goals and AI team mates are not zombies anymore!

EA - I know you have a lot of FUT players giving out about pace, that its too slow, boring etc.
But just focus on the bugs for the moment.
Give them time to learn the game. Its a new approach, it requires using your head, not just fast fingers. This is how it should be!

If you are planning to patch the game up - speed it up, dumb down AI, remove physicality - please give us a fighting chance here. There's so many casual and Career Mode players and competitive/FUT gameplay simply does not work in CM.

I have always said that you cant keep everyone happy. And thats why we really need separate gameplay. Like you used to have - Arcade and Simulation.

Sliders are just not enough anymore.
Its an old system that hasnt been updated for ages.
Fifa is much too complex to tweak it with sliders, coz now we also need to change AI from competitive/braindead AI to realistic Career Mode AI.

We would need
- Defense Awareness Slider (so AI team mates are not just traffic cones)
- AI aggression Slider (to get more fouls)
- Stamina Drain Slider (so we can lower Acceleration to less than 48 without breaking Stamina and never see any fatigue)

All this matters for Career Mode players.
Also - why cant we create Custom Difficulty? Every difficulty has its own Sliders. Why cant we increase AI awareness and AI pressure without turning AI into Clinical Terminators?

You have taken a very brave step with Fifa22, EA. But please - Dont reverse back to this soulless experience of Fifa21, where only 1 player was active at the time and the rest of your team were traffic cones.

And if you do - please give us Separate Gameplay, or at least the option to choose a Version of the Gameplay we want to play offline, like your other titles have.

Thank you for your efforts.

Comments

• wopito
    40 posts Park Captain
    "EA - PLEASE DONT BREAK IT WITH PATCHES" , hah hah , they can only break and ruin. And DO NOT THANK THEM, THANK YOU ❤️❤️❤️❤️!
  • Stringman04
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I totally agree. When FIFA 21 launched, the game was brilliant (in my eyes) from day one .. but numerous patches, in large part to appease the FUT ping-pong community absolutely ruined it. far too many FUT players want to be able to smack crazy passes without having to face their player the right way, or don't want their lumpy centrebacks to be outrun by wingers .. and EA listens to them far too much, because they're also the ones paying daft money for micro transactions.
  • Momalpas123
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Fully agree. This game is finally a challenge. Perfectly balanced. Please for the love of everything... leave it!!!
  • Manutd7110910
    41 posts Park Captain
    Its coming lads, that first patch. Then gameplay goes to ❤️❤️❤️❤️, your manager will be on the touchline in a clownsuit, AI defenders stand still, you name it. Happens every FIFA
  • Well..?
    How does it feel post first big patch?
    I had to tweak some sliders, which is a red flag from the get go, but havent played enough to have full feel of it.

Not going to say anything until I play more.

My whole Youth Academy vanished after first season, which put me off a little bit, but that's a different story altogether (known bug)

Still firmly believe that, ultimately, we need a separate offline gameplay, but until that day comes - we have no choice but to rely on EA not to change whole gameplay to suit "PRO" players.

Which in itself is a bit ironic to call them that. "PRO" players, abusing skills, using exploits and playing on fully assisted settings.
    Listening to that crowd is killing this game every year.
  • mfmaxpower
    388 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gameplay is pretty solid but they gotta patch these backline AI issues hopefully, and ideally driven and long passes too. Near post keepers is still an exploit as well.

• Ultimate Difficulty. Game ended 5-4.. back to fifa 21 gameplay already..
  • I have to say - for me it still holds up fairly well.
    But I have a very specific settings that I use. Full Manual, Professional Difficulty, heavily 'slidered' to slow it down and add a lot of error. Playing in lower leagues also.

AI is still fun to play against, but I can slowly see overall pace getting faster.
    Not even speed itself, but less error, more ping pong passing, even cutscenes seems to be shorter.

Its still far from F21, where all your players were traffic cones, apart from the one controlling the ball, but we only had one patch so far..
  • MJD85
    225 posts Sunday League Hero
    Back to FIFA 21.
    Booooohh

Why EA why?

• mfmaxpower
    It's definitely not back to 21 lol. The higher difficulties are not playing well though. The CPU is crazy lethal, to the point I've no idea how you could get realistic results without major slider changes.

I played World Class for the first time in forever and it plays REALLY well. It's too easy for me, at least in attack the CPU is too slow with its decisions and not aggressive enough, but it's balanced really really well. Error feels pretty much perfect.

I think with sliders Legendary and maybe even Ultimate could be really good. I'm waiting for the game to settle with all the patches before diving into sliders more but I know the guys over at Operation Sports who do all the sliders are loving the game.

This is on PS5
  • Thats what I found.
    Finally after few days of tweaking sliders and difficulty - sweet spot was Full Manual on World Class. I never played Full Manual on World Class, as I was always getting slaughtered.

I had to ramp the error up a lot - for both me and AI, but it plays very well on World Class.
    AI is not too direct and they still make mistakes.

Now the problem is - new patch is already on the horizon, so we will be tweaking sliders again in no time.

From what Im hearing - new patch on Stadia did add a lot of fouls, but they didnt tweak referees logic.
    So AI is more aggressive and every now and then they turn Kill-Them-All mode, sliding tackles left right and center, but you can still rugby tackle players without foul being called.
    So free kicks are mainly for you, but you dont give many away.
    Which is only a quick fix...
  • GoonerSoldier
    455 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They broke it with patches.
  • GoonerSoldier
    New update does NOTHING to address Broken Gameplay issues. The only thing the update does is fix the broken player change and more aggressive ai commiting fouls. Other than that it does nothing to fix the NON EXISTENT MIDFIELD. The ridiculous amount of space the AI defenders give attackers resulting in very poor goals. Etc etc..... The Game before the patches was better than this.
  • mfmaxpower
    New update does NOTHING to address Broken Gameplay issues. The only thing the update does is fix the broken player change and more aggressive ai commiting fouls. Other than that it does nothing to fix the NON EXISTENT MIDFIELD. The ridiculous amount of space the AI defenders give attackers resulting in very poor goals. Etc etc..... The Game before the patches was better than this.

How is it broken? And is this old gen or new?

On PS5 it's playing great for me. If you want more of a midfield, use sliders. Problem solved.
  • TeamExtreme17
    4655 posts National Call-Up
    mfmaxpower wrote: »

On PS5 it's playing great for me. If you want more of a midfield, use sliders. Problem solved.

Sliders don't fix an intentional core gameplay feature that EA said they arent fixing.

They in one of the early Top Bins videos if they made midfielders track back there will be less goals (farcical nonsense of a comment) so they wont be addressing it..
  • GoonerSoldier

I used to change sliders. But sometimes it feels like you're cheating. The balance between defense and attack is soooooo bad i might have to try it out. BUT I'll only do it if it reverts the gameplay back to the beta Gameplay before the patch. 😆. They ruined the Gameplay in Beta too with patches.
  • mfmaxpower

Sliders don't fix an intentional core gameplay feature that EA said they arent fixing.

They in one of the early Top Bins videos if they made midfielders track back there will be less goals (farcical nonsense of a comment) so they wont be addressing it..

There is no track back issue in 22 on new gen gameplay. There's definitely other issues for sure, but that's no longer one of them. It's certainly not as good as before the patches but with some slider tweaks it's still a ton of fun. Very far from perfect but hardly broken.

Don't get me wrong. At default this game is a mess, and only worse after the last patch. Use sliders :smile:
  • wopito
    40 posts Park Captain
    For example, the sliders have no effect on the goalkeeper, put the control in number one, for example, the goalkeeper will fight as if it were in 100 positions. And many other slider settings have no effect. AND AGAIN A SCAM, these bad guys can do it!
  • mfmaxpower
    wopito wrote: »
    For example, the sliders have no effect on the goalkeeper, put the control in number one, for example, the goalkeeper will fight as if it were in 100 positions. And many other slider settings have no effect. AND AGAIN A SCAM, these bad guys can do it!

Absurd take. Head over to Operation Sports. Those guys do tons of good stuff with sliders.
  • its really annoying when you are really enjoying the whole gameplay and they drop a patch which is suppose to fix it and make it even more fun and at the it ruins your fun, [url="https://disaster-md.com/"]water damage ceiling michigan[/url] never do update till i get fully informative about whats new.
  • Gazz
    4 posts Ball Boy
    If you have the PS4 version of the game in career mode in the install version you can change the slider settings CPU marking 54, width 48. User marking 56. That simple slider can make the game play better but its very difficult. I also have icon switching on but you have to use it. I also have locked player on too but you more likely have to use it too. Turning them both off affects the speed of the game so you have to think about that. I spent hours trying to figure out what's going on in F22 install career mode but I am grateful I learnt more by adjusting things and getting 48 width to work it's good. With CPU 48 width it now plays like fifa 18 to a degree still not as good. You can install the game on a separate drive and play it from it or if the new update is bad you can uninstall it.
  • Well, I can confirm that after the recent update (whether it be game updates or LIVE updates) to the game, it has essentially broken Career Mode. I haven't tried the Kick-Off or other modes, yet. But Career Mode, right now.. Is in tatters (broken replays, broken cut-scenes and such.. You name it, it's there).

Seriously, I don't care whether FUT is EA's "cash cow".. For FAR too long now, FUT has ALWAYS had the priority over any other mode and feature and this is simply unacceptable. The regular modes (like Career Mode, for example) is a staple-point of the FIFA franchise and deserves EVERY bit as much attention and care, as the FUT mode does.. If not more. But yeah, right now.. Career Mode is essentially broken.

Thanks, EA! :(
  • TeamExtreme17
    4655 posts National Call-Up
    DamianHow wrote: »
    Well, I can confirm that after the recent update (whether it be game updates or LIVE updates) to the game, it has essentially broken Career Mode. I haven't tried the Kick-Off or other modes, yet. But Career Mode, right now.. Is in tatters (broken replays, broken cut-scenes and such.. You name it, it's there).

Seriously, I don't care whether FUT is EA's "cash cow".. For FAR too long now, FUT has ALWAYS had the priority over any other mode and feature and this is simply unacceptable. The regular modes (like Career Mode, for example) is a staple-point of the FIFA franchise and deserves EVERY bit as much attention and care, as the FUT mode does.. If not more. But yeah, right now.. Career Mode is essentially broken.

Thanks, EA! :(

It has dedicated Career Mode devs..

They need questioning!!
  • Does EA actually check their whole forums or they only pick and chose the problems that has an easy to little fix needed and act like they listened to their fans when I've seen many people moans about the main game ( career modes) and 5 games down the line its still the same.
  • Gazz
    4 posts Ball Boy
    I have worked on the sliders with the install version with PS4. But what I found what is just as important is the controller settings you have to turn on auto clearances, assisted keeping, leave semi though balls on though. Turn off icon switching,late pass locked receiver. I have locked player setting on. But most importantly turn on hand ball (expect penalties). There are so many settings that effect sliders I could try to figure them all out but at least I found something more playable. Here they are, User. pass error 60, goal keeping 52, marking 56, first touch error 60. CPU marking 56, width 48. These settings slow the game down a bit like the other sliders I have shown. First touch error pass error too mainly affects passes around the box in this version of game. Put it this way I drew a game on legendary with these settings. This version of fifa I played is the most toughest version I have played. But with these sliders you can defend not easily. Just putting 50 touch error makes it too easy. This game was obviously half finished on realise. I have experimented on putting user goal keeping at 54 with some interesting results. Goalkeeping is like 46 in other fifa's its different though. But putting goalkeeping up balls will deflect with nothing touching it. Well these two sliders could be used or could be used as a baseline if anyone wants to change it.