Strange way to treat a country…

Ballerson
1548 posts Play-Off Hero
edited October 2021
I created a Silver squad from Nigeria, tried to name it “Nigeria Silver”, EA won’t let me because it contains a forbidden word. Huh, Nigeria is a country of over 200 million & the country’s name is banned by EA in a squad name. Good marketing for Africa & maybe your general counsel delegated too much to the legal intern…..

Comments

• Mdm
    5120 posts Big Money Move
    Why should the op have to change the name of his county.

And please stop calling the game soccer. Its not proper, its football and always has been

• SignpostSounder
    4213 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2021
    Mdm wrote: »

And please stop calling the game soccer. Its not proper, its football and always has been

"Why should the OP have to change the name of his country?

Change the way you talk, I don't like it."

Sounds good.
  • Mdm

Sounds good.

Lol

You just repeated what I said or was that emphasising the point
  • Fifapayne
    6463 posts Big Money Move

Sounds good.

Lol

Basically, he can call it soccer if he wants
    Only people who actually give a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ are losers
  • Fifapayne

Football is a generic term for many sports.
  • Its because part of Nigeria has a unexpected word in and that's what it recognises same reason why you could never name a team Scunthorpe even tho they are in the game
  • Darthsinvadet
    1823 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2021

I’m from the United States and it’s called soccer. How dare you tbh. There’s different names for things in different countries. Take that chip off your shoulder you sound like a ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Try to make your point again I dare you. In the US it’s called soccer. So we call it soccer. We were born, we eventually learned a word soccer. It’s a sport, sorry buddy.

We already have a football here, and it sucks. Also in Europe if I were to say soccer, yes it’s not proper. Here in the United States it’s SOCCER. Got it?
  • Bob_Bobson
    3265 posts National Call-Up

I’m from the United States and it’s called soccer. How dare you tbh. There’s different names for things in different countries. Take that chip off your shoulder you sound like a ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Try to make your point again I dare you. In the US it’s called soccer. So we call it soccer. We were born, we eventually learned a word soccer. It’s a sport, sorry buddy.

We already have a football here, and it sucks. Also in Europe if I were to say soccer, yes it’s not proper. Here in the United States it’s SOCCER. Got it?

"Soccer" as a name for the sport originated in England.
  • HulkSmashPotato
    1470 posts Play-Off Hero
    To be fair this fifa isn't football or soccer 🤔
  • paul24878306
    5549 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2021
    Fifapayne wrote: »

Sounds good.

Lol

Not really - soccer is an Americanism. The correct name for the sport is football...... im aware they already have a football - which is a game conceived AFTER the real football so shouldnt have used that name - and mostly doesnt involve feet. Only the yanks could do this AND think their right lol ;)
  • Mdm
    Not meaning to dry l

Ha ha ha

I sound like what? Not you no you a prize bell end

What's next introducing time outs and sin bins?

Soccer? You are the reason with the game and the this franchise accomdates crap like stadium rewards and all that across the pond crap
  • Mdm
    edited October 2021
    To be fair this fifa isn't football or soccer 🤔

Well said
  • Bob_Bobson
    3265 posts National Call-Up
    A lot of folk trolling here :lol:
  • Riotiga
    1313 posts Play-Off Hero
    To OP, it's an issue that began since the last update on FIFA 21. I needed to change the name of the team that I've used since I first played fut in 18 because suddenly EA found it to be offensive. I think they messed up their coding or something during that last update, so it's not exactly because the word is offensive, if that makes sense.
  • Fifapayne
    edited October 2021

Sounds good.

Lol

Not really - soccer is an Americanism. The correct name for the sport is football...... im aware they already have a football - which is a game conceived AFTER the real football so shouldnt have used that name - and mostly doesnt involve feet. Only the yanks could do this AND think their right lol ;)

Actually England called it soccer
    And the first official soccer and football matches were played around the same time

In fact, football was played before many of the premier league teams even existed.

Learn some history.

Edit -

Notice the term football

Rugby football
    Association football
    American football
    Etc

Football is a generic term
    It doesn’t actually tell you the sport
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2021
    This thread 😂.

Ok so I don’t actually care what everyone calls it each time there own really, I guess it’s a country thing. We call other stuff different things, we all do and that’s fine.

However. The head of this sport and the world governing body is Fifa. And what does that stand for

Problem solved 😊

Call it what you want I don’t mind. But the global name for it is indeed football.

You can actually go through all the governing body’s All over the world and 99 percent call it football.

6650-B2-FF-4-EC0-4455-9218-466-BE4-A84-F02.png
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2021

And that is a extreme reaction mate.

Just asking what if he did ask for it not to be called soccer again like you’re daring him too what you do ? Sounds threatening to me 🤷‍♂️

So let’s just calm down and we all can call it whatever we want.
  • Darthsinvadet
    edited October 2021
    David12344 wrote: »

Just asking what if he did ask for it not to be called soccer again like you’re daring him too what you do ? Sounds threatening to me 🤷‍♂️

Oh god David’s back from his addiction. I’m a grown 35 yr old man. No time for this crap. When someone says soccer is a wrong term and not the name of the sport, they are wrong. Here In the US it’s soccer, end of story. We don’t call it football. If I come to Europe again soon, I’ll call it football. Thanks for you lovely FIFA input. In the end of the day, here in America, it’s soccer.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2021

Oh god David’s back from his addiction. I’m a grown 35 ye old man. No time for this crap. When someone says soccer is a wrong term and not the name of the sport they are wrong. In the US it’s soccer, end of story. We don’t call it football. If I come to Europe again soon, I’ll call it football.

What’s with the insult ?

I just asked you why the extreme reaction to the guy above ?

As you say you’re a 35 year old man. But you are daring him to say it again

• Darthsinvadet
    edited October 2021

Oh god David’s back from his addiction. I’m a grown 35 ye old man. No time for this crap. When someone says soccer is a wrong term and not the name of the sport they are wrong. In the US it’s soccer, end of story. We don’t call it football. If I come to Europe again soon, I’ll call it football.

What’s with the insult ?

Your acting like I’m out of line. Read the way that forumer spoke. He was hostile and aggressive towards the term soccer for some weird reason. You come in and to an extent, defend his idiocy. Why?

Again anyone comes to the us and says football, people think of 🏈 . To his point, apparently the United States is not aloud to call football, soccer.
  • Mdm

Oh god David’s back from his addiction. I’m a grown 35 ye old man. No time for this crap. When someone says soccer is a wrong term and not the name of the sport they are wrong. In the US it’s soccer, end of story. We don’t call it football. If I come to Europe again soon, I’ll call it football. Thanks for you lovely FIFA input. In the end of the day, here in America, it’s soccer.

You been on the Babyccino again

Wind your neck in son wind your neck in
  • Mdm

Sounds good.

Lol

And the first official soccer and football matches were played around the same time

In fact, football was played before many of the premier league teams even existed.

Learn some history.

Edit -

Notice the term football

Rugby football
    Association football
    American football
    Etc

And you stop being a clown

You just come across like a bell end
  • Darthsinvadet

Oh god David’s back from his addiction. I’m a grown 35 ye old man. No time for this crap. When someone says soccer is a wrong term and not the name of the sport they are wrong. In the US it’s soccer, end of story. We don’t call it football. If I come to Europe again soon, I’ll call it football. Thanks for you lovely FIFA input. In the end of the day, here in America, it’s soccer.

You been on the Babyccino again

Wind your neck in son wind your neck in

👍
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2021

What’s with the insult ?

Your acting like I’m out of line. Read the way that forumer spoke. He was hostile and aggressive towards the term soccer for some weird reason. You come in and to an extent, defend his idiocy. Why?

Again anyone comes to the us and says football, people think of 🏈 . To his point, apparently the United States is not aloud to call football, soccer.

Well you are acting out of line now having a pop at me. BiT of a cheap shot but hay you go for it I don’t care

aAnd to be honest your reaction was extreme. Fair is fair mate.

As I said above we can all call it what we want fine by me. But I am going to say if I see threatening behaviour or is that not what you meant by saying “say that again I dare you “

• Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class

Ah the good ol uneducated "it's football and always has been".

Soccer is an English word and what it used to be called on the island in the 19th century. It is a colloquialism of AsSOCiation football and is similar to a term that we use without question which is Rugger for Rugby.

When football was adopted more by the working class, the term football in Britain became the standard term.

TLDR soccer is as British as the word Rugger and Cuppa.

TLDR part 2 stop being xenophobic and educate yourself on the history of words.
  • Fifapayne
    edited October 2021

Sounds good.

Lol

Learn some history.

Edit -

Notice the term football

Rugby football
    Association football
    American football
    Etc

Hey man, nice rebuttal
    Strong compelling argument.

Go outside an play some soccer.

Hard to argue facts ain’t it?
  • Mdm

Sounds good.

Lol

Learn some history.

Edit -

Notice the term football

Rugby football
    Association football
    American football
    Etc

Hey man, nice rebuttal
    Strong compelling argument.

Go outside an play some soccer.

Hard to argue facts ain’t it?

No need for rebuttal, no argument needed

I was stating fact

• Mdm

Soccer is an English word and what it used to be called on the island in the 19th century. It is a colloquialism of AsSOCiation football and is similar to a term that we use without question which is Rugger for Rugby.

When football was adopted more by the working class, the term football in Britain became the standard term.

Thanks the education, you should be a teacher or pub quiz anorak
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class

Thanks the education, you should be a teacher or pub quiz anorak

You say that as if it should insult me.