StlDucks CM | Everton FC

Comments

• Stlducks
    7752 posts League Winner
    Ashy wrote: »
    That last result was a disappointing one but it happens, interesting to see Barnes went to Wolves really. Man Liverpool and Arsenal are doing bad so far in your career. That is a very good 16 year old to be fair maybe he is the homegrown talent? I've not had a 70+ rated youth player yet while having 3 5* 5* academy scouts

I completely missed Barnes going to Wolves and I forgot Martial went to Spurs. Some random transfers I have been noticing when playing.

Was the HG talent provided to everyone? I do not remember doing anything to get it but that could be it.

gavin2903 wrote: »
    I keep hearing about this thing with youth players. Can see it being annoying, but in a way I'm lucky and things like that I can block out and often doesn't bother me.

Been quite consistent in league position so far and extra bonus of being above Liverpool currently even if they do gave a game in hand. Plus its still looking close with a top 4 place at this early stage

I’m ok staying right around 8-10 for now. We are starting to find our formation and best XI. We are a good RB away from having a very solid XI and can have a great second half.
  • Ashy
    17523 posts World Class
    HG talent is for everyone you will have him in your academy right at the start and from the country your league is in. Although this only started working on Friday release day so people that started career mode before then didn't work like mine
  • Stlducks
    7752 posts League Winner
    9aU5Xk3.png
    5kWkXRt.png
  • Stlducks
    7752 posts League Winner
    edited October 10
    qxK7bVv.png

1 Alexander Barker scored what ended up being the winning goal for Everton in the victory over Spurs. Alexander made a long run from the middle of the field splitting through the center of the defense. Jesse Lingard found the run with a lofted ball over the top where Alexander connect with his first touch past Lloris for his first senior goal.

2 Paulo Fonseca was told his objectives for the season were to sign 2 crucial players and to spend all of the transfer funds available with the Everton board showing their ambition. Fonseca already made one crucial signing in Jesse Lingard. The next crucial signing is going to be at the right-back position if reports are true. Fonseca has 40 million pounds to spend in January while he looks for an upgrade on Coleman.

3 Andre Gomes has not featured for Fonseca yet this season. With the emergence of Alexander plus the signings of Lingard and Amadou Haidara in the summer, Gomes has found himself on the out. Ajax, Benfica, Sevilla and Porto have all expressed interest in the midfield who is looking to move in the winter window. Everton will be open to any offer to remove the unneeded player from their books.
  • Virtual_K
    2002 posts Fans' Favourite
    Way to go Alex! Oops, I mean way to go AleXANDER. I bet scoring the winning goal against Tottenham has got the Evertonians all excited.

Tough luck for Gomes, but perhaps his potential transfer will help fund the new right back.

Hopefully the spreadsheet is working out for you. I've fixed a few issues including that black line on the right side of the weekly results; also removed the league best and cup winners from the full table and put on separate page, plus a few other fixes and additions (like custom table). Should be ready soon.
  • Stlducks
    7752 posts League Winner
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Way to go Alex! Oops, I mean way to go AleXANDER. I bet scoring the winning goal against Tottenham has got the Evertonians all excited.

Tough luck for Gomes, but perhaps his potential transfer will help fund the new right back.

Hopefully the spreadsheet is working out for you. I've fixed a few issues including that black line on the right side of the weekly results; also removed the league best and cup winners from the full table and put on separate page, plus a few other fixes and additions (like custom table). Should be ready soon.

The spreadsheet is amazing. I’m really enjoying how easy it is once you figure out how to work it. I was going to ask if the dates at the top change when the year changes?

Like the weekly scores it says 2021 are the top. Does that change when my score date is in 2022?
  • Virtual_K
    Stlducks wrote: »
    The spreadsheet is amazing. I’m really enjoying how easy it is once you figure out how to work it. I was going to ask if the dates at the top change when the year changes?

Like the weekly scores it says 2021 are the top. Does that change when my score date is in 2022?

Thanks! When I first started, I didn't know Excel beyond the basics. I've been improving on this spreadsheet over the years and entering data from real seasons, so I've learned a lot about how to make data entry easier for myself. The year does change, and if the results include dates from both years, it should reflect that (e.g. 2021/22). I plan to write a short .pdf guide for the update.
  • Wyojasond
    17516 posts World Class
    What a prospect. Wish I had waited a bit to start my career with the HG option messed up, but is what it is 😂

Man Liverpool are off to a horrible start. Gonna need some heroics again to save the season.
  • Steffolovitch
    588 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Great with a first goal for the youngster. Does that make him the youngest ever goalscorer for Everton?
  • Stlducks
    7752 posts League Winner
    Great with a first goal for the youngster. Does that make him the youngest ever goalscorer for Everton?

James Vaughn scored when he was 16 and 271 days. I have never checked, do they have youth players birthdays? I’ll have to look tonight.
  • Stlducks
    7752 posts League Winner
    o8lat4m.png
    3bsxpD2.png
  • Stlducks
    7752 posts League Winner
    hA02oUa.png
    nsP2kYE.png
  • Stlducks
    7752 posts League Winner
    End of November standings

Xv8FVWa.png
    g7AX30K.png
  • Stlducks
    7752 posts League Winner
    LEjayxq.png
  • Stlducks
    7752 posts League Winner
    XV2DcSM.png
    EWH4vys.png
  • Steffolovitch
    edited October 13
    James Vaughn scored when he was 16 and 271 days. I have never checked, do they have youth players birthdays? I’ll have to look tonight.

Yeah, you can see it in the edit player section, under "Info". This is my first promoted YP for instance, also with the first name on the shirt, but surprisingly with a commentary name as well.
    FBNXmUkWQAAn2kH?format=jpg&name=small
  • Steffolovitch
    Love the derby build-up there. Too bad with the home defeat, but keep this running and you'll beat them eventually.
  • Stlducks
    7752 posts League Winner
    Love the derby build-up there. Too bad with the home defeat, but keep this running and you'll beat them eventually.

Thanks, I’m planning on doing build ups for the big matchups. So far two build ups and two defeats…

I actually felt like we were the better side for most of the match. Alison saved everything and then a handball penalty killed the game.
  • Stlducks
    7752 posts League Winner
    8ymHyyN.png
    cmOk8bF.png
  • gavin2903
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    Looks like we're tad unlucky in the Merseyside Derby. All looking very close in the league after 13 games around the mid table to Euro places, always makes it a tad more exciting knowing you could potentially jump 3 or 4 places either way depending on result.
  • Stlducks
    7752 posts League Winner
    gavin2903 wrote: »
    Looks like we're tad unlucky in the Merseyside Derby. All looking very close in the league after 13 games around the mid table to Euro places, always makes it a tad more exciting knowing you could potentially jump 3 or 4 places either way depending on result.

Yea it does. Just need to start getting some results!
  • Virtual_K
    Too bad about the loss at home against Liverpool, especially since Everton is so close in the standings.

Noticed the ###### in the summary. That is caused when the font is wider than the space which is caused by not having Futura LT BT font installed. Thought that was a Office font, but I guess it's Adobe. One of the issues that's been fixed, but in the meantime, you could download the font for free since the spreadsheet uses it as the primary font.

https://blogfonts.com/futura-lt-bt.font
  • Ashy
    17523 posts World Class
    Mbabu would be a good realistic signing for you guys, on next gen his dreads look fantastic too.

Good build up to the big derby game, shame you didn't score with over 3 xG. Unlucky. Have to say the results are very realistic so far so it's going as expected really. January can't come soon enough I bet
  • Stlducks
    7752 posts League Winner
    bSaF1pa.png
    A0lO703.png
  • Stlducks
    7752 posts League Winner
    Ashy wrote: »
    Mbabu would be a good realistic signing for you guys, on next gen his dreads look fantastic too.

Good build up to the big derby game, shame you didn't score with over 3 xG. Unlucky. Have to say the results are very realistic so far so it's going as expected really. January can't come soon enough I bet

Yea, January needs to hurry up and get here. I need a new RB badly. I also need to spend funds on another position, possibly a winger or CB? Mina might be going in January and since the goal is to spend all of my transfer budget, I might look at a CB with pace.
  • Stlducks
    7752 posts League Winner
    wkkfjv2.png
    Yecy2gA.png
  • Virtual_K
    Damn those fonts! Fixed that issue too.

A close one against Chelsea. Timo scoring a late goal must do wonders for his confidence since he couldn't do sh** against Brentford. :D Probably didn't make Fonseca very happy.
  • Steffolovitch
    edited October 18
    since the goal is to spend all of my transfer budget, I might look at a CB with pace.

Perhaps he hasn't grown enough at this point, and he certainly won't empty your pockets, but I've found Oumar Solet to be a great signing for me with a lot of pace to the heart of defence. At least worth a consideration, I assume.
  • Stlducks
    7752 posts League Winner
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Damn those fonts! Fixed that issue too.

A close one against Chelsea. Timo scoring a late goal must do wonders for his confidence since he couldn't do sh** against Brentford. :D Probably didn't make Fonseca very happy.

You're lucky this spreadsheet was free or else I would be calling your customer service with major complaints!! I'm just kidding, the sheet is incredible even with the little font issues. Being able to track the league scores, standings and trends so easily is awesome.
    since the goal is to spend all of my transfer budget, I might look at a CB with pace.

Perhaps he hasn't grown enough at this point, and he certainly won't empty your pockets, but I've found Oumar Solet to be a great signing for me with a lot of pace to the heart of defence. At least worth a consideration, I assume.

Thanks. I will look at him for sure. It is strange using a club that actually wants you to spend all of the funds. Normally I like players who are cheap with potential but I might have to actually make a bigger signing to achieve the objective of the club.
  • Stlducks
    7752 posts League Winner
    FFng9Sw.png
    1nBOcKJ.png