Volta 22 impressions

edited September 27
Well, I understand no one is reading this forum but I want to share my impressions about FIFA 22 Volta mode.

I am a fan of FIFA street since FIFA Street 4 (2012). This game brought so much fun, we loved to get together on weekends with friends and play until the morning. When EA announced Volta in FIFA 20 it was great, we were looking forward to the release. People who never play FIFA bought it just because of the Volta mode. When the game came out, our impressions were slightly spoiled by some decisions of the developers.

1. Only 4 players can play in couch mode on PC
Really? FIFA Steet 2012 has 7 players and PES always has 8 players. Is it really that hard to add a couple more players for a more fun 3v3 or 4v4 local couch play?

2. We cannot play together from the same computer with teams from the Internet
Seriously? Now everyone has to buy their own copy of the game and play from home? You just killed all the fun that people got from each other's emotions while being in one place. Yet again in FIFA Street 4 you can play together with one console against the same teams from all over the world.

3. Volta modes were very unfinished
There is no classic 2v2 "Pana Rules" in the game. And the mode Last Man Standing - "Survival" is terribly boring, because instead of ending with a victory from the goal of the last player, it continues on until the time runs out. You can lose all your players in 30 seconds and play further 1x1 for another 6 minutes, this is terribly stupid
Otherwise, the game was generally good. The physics in VOLTA is really great

Volta 21 did not bring significant changes in the game modes, and the internet game part became even worse due to the fact that the 3v3 mode was removed, and only 5v5 has left

Now let's talk about Volta 22
New modes? Signature Abilities for every player? Sounds cool, but how awful it looks in reality. These Signature Abilities just broke the whole gameplay. That awful sound of taking points, those huge numbers flying out, these colored circles under your feet. This is all terribly distracting from the game. And Signature Abilities just destroyed all the fun, because the game has ceased to be fair. Now competent passes and individual dribbling do not solve anything, because you can turn on a super skill and just run around the entire field in a second, or hit from the other end of the screen and score. Really? Do you seriously think this is fun?

Okay, I admit that some people might like it, but why not leave the classic mode for those who just like to play fair street football? The one that you did in FIFA 20 without all these points and super skills
Just give us the opportunity to play classic Volta with friends from one computer, add more players for the couch play add 2v2 mode and finally fix the mode "Survival" - that's all that the fifa street community asks for. We don't need millions of boots, jackets and pants - I haven't bought any of them in the last 3 years. Volta has a huge potential, please do not f*** up everything

Guys who also like Volta please support us, maybe EA will listen to our wishes

PS: Why is VOLTA ARCADE not available to play with friends in couch mode? I thought the point of this mode was precisely in a fun game on one console / computer. It's strange, I hope this will be fixed in the release version

Post edited by FIFAStreetLover on

Comments

• sparky692005
    594 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You forgot about all the bugs of being kicked back to the hone screen of fifa when ever a drop in leaves the game on going into a match
  • RayS
    35332 posts World Cup Winner
    Agree they should allow and encourage more couch coop since that would be a big appeal of the game.

I think signature abilities are okay though. They have a pretty good cool down so you can use it one to two times a half. Maybe they should reduce it to only one time per half
  • Well, I understand no one is reading this forum but I want to share my impressions about FIFA 22 Volta mode.

I am a fan of FIFA street since FIFA Street 4 (2012). This game brought so much fun, we loved to get together on weekends with friends and play until the morning. When EA announced Volta in FIFA 20 it was great, we were looking forward to the release. People who never play FIFA bought it just because of the Volta mode. When the game came out, our impressions were slightly spoiled by some decisions of the developers.

1. Only 4 players can play in couch mode on PC
    Really? FIFA Steet 2012 has 7 players and PES always has 8 players. Is it really that hard to add a couple more players for a more fun 3v3 or 4v4 local couch play?

2. We cannot play together from the same computer with teams from the Internet
    Seriously? Now everyone has to buy their own copy of the game and play from home? You just killed all the fun that people got from each other's emotions while being in one place. Yet again in FIFA Street 4 you can play together with one console against the same teams from all over the world.

3. Volta modes were very unfinished
    There is no classic 2v2 "Pana Rules" in the game. And the mode Last Man Standing - "Survival" is terribly boring, because instead of ending with a victory from the goal of the last player, it continues on until the time runs out. You can lose all your players in 30 seconds and play further 1x1 for another 6 minutes, this is terribly stupid
    Otherwise, the game was generally good. The physics in VOLTA is really great

Volta 21 did not bring significant changes in the game modes, and the internet game part became even worse due to the fact that the 3v3 mode was removed, and only 5v5 has left

Now let's talk about Volta 22
    New modes? Signature Abilities for every player? Sounds cool, but how awful it looks in reality. These Signature Abilities just broke the whole gameplay. That awful sound of taking points, those huge numbers flying out, these colored circles under your feet. This is all terribly distracting from the game. And Signature Abilities just destroyed all the fun, because the game has ceased to be fair. Now competent passes and individual dribbling do not solve anything, because you can turn on a super skill and just run around the entire field in a second, or hit from the other end of the screen and score. Really? Do you seriously think this is fun?

Okay, I admit that some people might like it, but why not leave the classic mode for those who just like to play fair street football? The one that you did in FIFA 20 without all these points and super skills
    Just give us the opportunity to play classic Volta with friends from one computer, add more players for the couch play add 2v2 mode and finally fix the mode "Survival" - that's all that the fifa street community asks for. We don't need millions of boots, jackets and pants - I haven't bought any of them in the last 3 years. Volta has a huge potential, please do not f*** up everything

Guys who also like Volta please support us, maybe EA will listen to our wishes

PS: Why is VOLTA ARCADE not available to play with friends in couch mode? I thought the point of this mode was precisely in a fun game on one console / computer. It's strange, I hope this will be fixed in the release version

I fully agree! Please fix this ASAP.
  • The whole experience feels unfinished.

After enjoying Volta in Fifa 21, my friends & I expected an update in FIFA 22.

We were die hard pro club players & saw the great potential for a pro club type league in Volta.

At the moment, the whole experience feels empty. Other than points to build my pro, I feel like I have nothing to play for. I know it’s supposed to be a fun mode but we need an incentive.

The smoothness of Volta is amazing. Passes,skills volleys all feel very satisfying. I would love to see a focus more on being rewarded for playing a TEAM GAME (build up, passes, vision, making a last ditch challenge because you were in the right position) as opposed to the arcadey solo showboat spam style these new powers bring.

ADDITIONAL FEATURES SHOULD INCLUDE:

1. Create a club where friends can join.

2. A VOLTA league & or cup

3. “MY PARK” feature like in NBA 2K
    Imagine a drop in lobby where players join in real time.There’s a 5v5 match starting on pitch 12, every one that wants to play run to a spot before the timer runs out.

Once the timer runs out, the 2 captains will get a chance to pick a player each from the pool of players (similar to a draft pick). To make it interesting, There will be more players than there are spaces available. Some will be picked last & some won’t be picked at all.

This gives a Real life Street football element of having to prove yourself before you can play.

Players will have a chance to build a reputation in Volta.

Imagine being a captain about to take your pick from the draft & you’re able to say I remember that player with the red shorts, he was really good in the cage last week.

Volta has sooooo much potential! Let’s get this fixed guys.