Charity Shield - 1
    Post edited by Chris on
  • Chris
    5669 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 27
    Post edited by Chris on
  • Chris
    Haven’t done one of these for a while but looking forward to getting back into it

Also doing this to keep track of my own CM without in game history stats

Will be changing how last season went for Sunderland to make this a longer form career mode 👀
  • Stlducks
    7752 posts League Winner
    I have not seen a good Sunderland rebuild in a while. This should be good!
  • Chris
    Stlducks wrote: »
    I have not seen a good Sunderland rebuild in a while. This should be good!

Thank you man <3 It should be a long-ish one, because like I said, it's not just the story, I'm also using this as a way of tracking my main RTG
  • Chris
    edited September 28
    0vwStd1.png
    H5g4la4.png
    gusyLDS.png
    Sunderland set for fourth season in League One, as team suffer defeat amidst ownership change
    11/05/2021

Following a disappointing 2-1 defeat at the hands of Fleetwood Town, Sunderland's chances of promotion to the Championship fell short as they missed out on the play offs. The former Premier League side suffered from injuries, player fallout's, and an absent ownership throughout the season, and as a result have found their fall from grace reaching a new level. Sunderland's 10th place finish is the clubs worst ever league performance since their founding in 1878, with fans looking on despondently as the team put in another lacklustre performance.

Following the game, Sunderland manager Phil Parkinson, announced he was stepping down as manager and apologised to the fans. He acknowledged that it had been a tough year for the club with the COVID-19 pandemic and other mitigating factors, such as the on-going sale of the football club, but took responsibility for the poor performances throughout the season. It is understood that development team manager Chris Whitehead will take over first team duties in the interim.

For what can only be described as a silver lining on this dark cloud, the sale of Sunderland has finally been completed. 24 year old Billionaire Kyril Louis-Dreyfus, who’s family are invested in football clubs in France, finalised his majority share of Sunderland. It is believed they will be involving the local fans more in the day to day running of the club now that the sale is over the line with ‘KLD’ stating his intent to adopt the 50+1 German model to ensure fan representation on the board. The young owner promised significant investment in all areas of the club with new director of football, Kristjaan Speakman, formerly of Birmingham City, being his first full time appointment.

It is expected within the next few weeks that the club will see a turn over of players as the club prepare for another year in League One.
    Post edited by Chris on
  • Wyojasond
    17516 posts World Class
    Welcome back man. Look forward to seeing the rebuild.
  • Chris
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    Welcome back man. Look forward to seeing the rebuild.

Appreciate it man ❤️
  • WestardLord
    2353 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm always wanting to do a Sunderland career, but I feel I can never do it justice, so I'm looking forward to yours!
  • Ashy
    17523 posts World Class
    Welcome back and good luck! Is this on next gen and it's fifa 22 I assume?

Interesting take, league two with that squad should be a walk in the park in all honesty.

I have one question because I noticed it being an Arsenal fan and also doing a Leeds save. Sam Greenwood he's not been at Sunderland since 2018 so is your squad not the same as IRL have you brought other academy boys back?
  • Chris
    edited September 28
    Ashy wrote: »
    Welcome back and good luck! Is this on next gen and it's fifa 22 I assume?

Interesting take, league two with that squad should be a walk in the park in all honesty.

I have one question because I noticed it being an Arsenal fan and also doing a Leeds save. Sam Greenwood he's not been at Sunderland since 2018 so is your squad not the same as IRL have you brought other academy boys back?

Thanks man! The plan was too bring back the academy lads we’ve let go since getting relegated to League Two and build the team from there but I might try and limit the players to 64 overall and try make a one star. It’ll likely be a mix of current players with academy ones.

And yeah it’s Fifa 22 and on the new Xbox
    Post edited by Chris on
  • Chris
    I'm always wanting to do a Sunderland career, but I feel I can never do it justice, so I'm looking forward to yours!

Haha it’s always fun especially with the stadium
  • Chris
    edited September 28
    I think I’ll just revert all of our incomings and start with that squad in game and work from there, that’s usually what I do anyway
    Post edited by Chris on
  • Chris
    Chris wrote: »
    0vwStd1.png
    H5g4la4.png
    gusyLDS.png
    Sunderland set for fourth season in League One, as team suffer defeat amidst ownership change
    11/05/2021

Following a disappointing 2-1 defeat at the hands of Fleetwood Town, Sunderland's chances of promotion to the Championship fell short as they missed out on the play offs. The former Premier League side suffered from injuries, player fallout's, and an absent ownership throughout the season, and as a result have found their fall from grace reaching a new level. Sunderland's 10th place finish is the clubs worst ever league performance since their founding in 1878, with fans looking on despondently as the team put in another lacklustre performance.

Following the game, Sunderland manager Phil Parkinson, announced he was stepping down as manager and apologised to the fans. He acknowledged that it had been a tough year for the club with the COVID-19 pandemic and other mitigating factors, such as the on-going sale of the football club, but took responsibility for the poor performances throughout the season. It is understood that development team manager Chris Whitehead will take over first team duties in the interim.

For what can only be described as a silver lining on this dark cloud, the sale of Sunderland has finally been completed. 24 year old Billionaire Kyril Louis-Dreyfus, who’s family are invested in football clubs in France, finalised his majority share of Sunderland. It is believed they will be involving the local fans more in the day to day running of the club now that the sale is over the line with ‘KLD’ stating his intent to adopt the 50+1 German model to ensure fan representation on the board. The young owner promised significant investment in all areas of the club with new director of football, Kristjaan Speakman, formerly of Birmingham City, being his first full time appointment.

It is expected within the next few weeks that the club will see a turn over of players as the club prepare for another year in League One.

Ended up reverting the relegation and just keeping the side in League One, and reversing the in comings we had over the summer. The transfers out we had still stand but that’s where it’ll pick up from

Being in L2 seemed redundant and unrealistic
  • Steffolovitch
    588 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Good team choice. Sunderland is a big club, and it's one I always consider to a RTG campaign.
  • Chris
    Good team choice. Sunderland is a big club, and it's one I always consider to a RTG campaign.

Thanks man, they're my local team so it's an easy choice
  • Chris
    0vwStd1.png
    H5g4la4.png
    1yJvBX1.png
    Mass exodus at Sunderland as the Black Cats prepare for their fourth year in League One
    04/06/21

Several first team players have departed Sunderland over the past few weeks as the club move through this difficult transition period. Interim manager Chris Whitehead hinted that he would be staying on as first team coach as the club look to adopt more of a youth development philosophy, as opposed to investing into players externally from the club.

Both Charlie Wyke and Max Power joined fellow League One outfit Wigan Atheltic ending their three year stay at the Stadium of Light. The duo were extremely popular among fans throughout their tenure however were not able to help guide Sunderland back into the Championship. The pair both echoing in their statements at Wigan how grateful they were for their time on Wearside, however popular supporter opinion is that the two left for a significant pay increase as Wigan look to invest heavily into their new look side.

A whole host of other players also left the club over the past few weeks. These players include Chris Maguire, George Dobson, Remi Matthews, Connor McLaughlin and Josh Scowen. These players all found their contracts coming to end and left to join clubs from around the EFL, with the exception of Remi Matthews who joined Crystal Palace, and Connor McLaughlin who is currently without a club. Fan consensus was that of good riddance as these players made up the squad that fell to a 10th place finish.

It was expected that Aiden McGeady would be departing the club however it seems the senior management have convinced the veteran playmaker to stay for another season and see out his current contract.
  • Ashy
    17523 posts World Class
    I see what you are saying about league 2 being a bit redundant, I like you are going for a realistic route then. They were not far off promotion last year and look on course to do it IRL this year so it makes sense to pick up from here.
  • Wyojasond
    17516 posts World Class
    Yeah I agree. Glad you decided to stick a bit more realistic and not start in league 2. Think it would’ve been to easy and just cost you a season.
  • Kieren1888
    1822 posts Play-Off Hero
    Should defos looks into league 1 and 2 for signings plenty of players under 23 that could be class signings, I started a Sunderland career mode but not actually done anything other than scouting and some training etc.