When does matchmaking kick in?

Stejens
558 posts An Exciting Prospect
I'm in Div 10, got smashed by pros for at least 8 games. When will matchmaking happen?

Comments

• RadioShaq
    18958 posts Moderator
    Everyone starts in division 10 so you will probably have to give good players a month or so to move up.
  • JustyX
    553 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Stejens wrote: »
    I'm in Div 10, got smashed by pros for at least 8 games. When will matchmaking happen?

I made it to div8 and haven’t won a game since. It’s tough.
  • Stejens
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Everyone starts in division 10 so you will probably have to give good players a month or so to move up.

So players who aren't great at the game are not allowed to enjoy it for a month? 😐
  • RadioShaq
    18958 posts Moderator
    It was nice last year when they had placements and good players skipped divisions. Everyone complained though so probably why they changed it.
  • JRD
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They acted because of all the complaining about relegating. Now you can’t relegate and I’m betting the same people who made such an issue of it will be back complaining that they’re stuck in divisions with rubbish rewards for the next few months
  • Stejens
    JRD wrote: »
    They acted because of all the complaining about relegating. Now you can’t relegate and I’m betting the same people who made such an issue of it will be back complaining that they’re stuck in divisions with rubbish rewards for the next few months

You can't relegate at all? So what if you play extremely well, go on a good run and go up to a division you would normally get smashed in on a regular basis? You get stuck there for the remainder of fifa?
  • Robertjames86
    1014 posts Professional

How will they if all the good players make it to their proper level and stay up there. Bizarre you seem to be complaining that you can't self relegate anymore.
  • JRD

How will they if all the good players make it to their proper level and stay up there. Bizarre you seem to be complaining that you can't self relegate anymore.

I didn’t say anything of the kind and didn’t relegate either. And because it will take time for the field to stretch out and people to reach their natural division. The point I was making was that there were a lot of people complaining last year that they didn’t care about rewards as long as relegating stops. I would be very surprised if they don’t still complain even though they got their wish
  • JRD

You can't relegate at all? So what if you play extremely well, go on a good run and go up to a division you would normally get smashed in on a regular basis? You get stuck there for the remainder of fifa?

Once you hit a checkpoint you can only go below it on the seasonal refresh which will drop everyone down a little
  • RadioShaq
    18958 posts Moderator
    I believe ea will drop everyone 1 division after each season. Other than that you can’t drop.
  • Stejens wrote: »

Only until the end of the season
  • Robertjames86
    1014 posts Professional

I didn’t say anything of the kind and didn’t relegate either. And because it will take time for the field to stretch out and people to reach their natural division. The point I was making was that there were a lot of people complaining last year that they didn’t care about rewards as long as relegating stops. I would be very surprised if they don’t still complain even though they got their wish

OK fair enough mate. I for one couldn't care if the rewards for me are bronze packs as long as I'm matched against similar skilled players not a load of self relegating guys. Everyone should aim to get as high up as they can.
  • IraqBruin
    2234 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 25
    RadioShaq wrote: »

So players who aren't great at the game are not allowed to enjoy it for a month? 😐

Yes, that is the idea apparently, skip DR for 3 weeks.

The relegation issue can not be easily solved, I think they would have solved it by capping relegation to once a week while dramatically linking it to the WL, if you qualify to WL this week while in division X, you lose that qualification if you are in any division below X, removing WL auto qualifications would have made it even better in such a scenario as it would force them to win games to qualify.

I am not sure how they would fix it short of deducting WL points for losing DR games