PS5 is Garbage vs PS4.

kdirt
366 posts Sunday League Hero
Finished my 10 hours on PS5. Gameplay was sort of smooth but player movements were terrible. I really thought it was me and my reactions with left stick dribbling.

Started my PS4 trial and wow started 3-0. Super smooth and responsive. It’s just a shame that a next generation game falls short of its predecessor.

Comments

• Tboon
    4776 posts Big Money Move
    Do more people have the same experience? I dont want to downgrade from ps5 but if this is true.... maybe is should do it
  • Estipan
    180 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    1500 euros in sx and 120 fps tv to get and absolute garbage.
    Just stupid!!!
  • BernaLeo87
    626 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Glad I didn't move to ps5 then
  • ironawin1
    1309 posts Professional
    Next gen gameplay is more slow and realistic. Old gen is just like an arcade game. Ping pong passes. Generic movement. On PS5 , player with 54 Agility actually feels like 54 agility unlike old gen quick movements
  • I feel the exact opposite. New gen is slower and more deliberate. I was playing that version, starting to enjoy it and realizing I could actually get on with the game this year. Switched to PS4 for the 10 hours and it’s still slower than last year but the pace is definitely much more of a factor.
  • Tboon
    edited September 2021
    Checked both today and ps4 feels more familiar and you can play like fifa21. On ps5 you've to learn how to play and most of the times I like it.

But there is something strange right now. On both consoles you need an other kind of players. For example on the ps5 the slow strong strikers are very usefull, but on ps4 pace is more important.
  • OZero
    7609 posts League Winner
    I would say PS5 ver is much more realistic. However some people do prefer arcade style gameplay and I won’t be surprised that they would prefer the PS4 ver.

And yes this would lead to strange price in market
  • Bolly123
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yep 100 % ps4 definitely better
  • Tboon
    Did tried the both trial. But can I also download both versions on ps5?

Today the ps5 downloaded the ultimate version. Can I manual download the ps4 version also?
  • kdirt
    366 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tboon wrote: »

Today the ps5 downloaded the ultimate version. Can I manual download the ps4 version also?

The only was is to load up fifa 21 ps4 version, on main menu click the purchase fifa 22 and while in there you will find the free trial for ps4
  • Tboon
    kdirt wrote: »

The only was is to load up fifa 21 ps4 version, on main menu click the purchase fifa 22 and while in there you will find the free trial for ps4

Yes i know, but can I also choose which version I want to play when I play Monday with the ultimate edition?
  • Nodge86
    5676 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2021
    Checked both today and ps4 feels more familiar and you can play like fifa21. On ps5 you've to learn how to play and most of the times I like it.

But there is something strange right now. On both consoles you need an other kind of players. For example on the ps5 the slow strong strikers are very usefull, but on ps4 pace is more important.

Is that because PS4 is basically 21.5? Maybe I’m wrong but I thought they didn’t bother building a new game and basically just patched 21 for old gen.
  • Gogs
    721 posts Semi-Pro
    Played bouth Versions of the game. Yesterday ps5 Version and today ps4 version. Ps4 version is fifa 21 without skill moves. It's same game like last year with updated rosters. Frenetic mess with unrealistic moves and passes. On the other side Ps5 Version of the game is the game where you need to play football and work for your goals. It's a simulation where you need to think how to pass how to move. Its not a ping pong game like fifa 21 and 22(ps4 version). I am not wondering some of you don't like it.
  • Kouli06
    3516 posts National Call-Up
    It’s a very similar story on the Xbox side too.
    Game seems to work fine on xb1 and is a mess on series s/x
    Also even looks better on xb1 🤷‍♂️
  • Mmandras
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    Estipan wrote: »
    1500 euros in sx and 120 fps tv to get and absolute garbage.
    Just stupid!!!

You know there are other games. :)
  • Gogs
    721 posts Semi-Pro
    Finished my 10 hours on PS5. Gameplay was sort of smooth but player movements were terrible. I really thought it was me and my reactions with left stick dribbling.

Started my PS4 trial and wow started 3-0. Super smooth and responsive. It’s just a shame that a next generation game falls short of its predecessor.

Ps5 Version is football simulation. Ps4 version is last years game with updated transfers.
  • I play both versions, but on xbox. I am forced now to play on xbox one and I strongly looking for play xsx cersion tomorow. Next gen has much much (bilion times much) better gameplay.
  • QuidoFrontiere
    870 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2021
    Kouli06 wrote: »

I strongly disagree with both points. But we have clearly different preferences. You want more arcade gameplay, I preffer more simulation.

I hope one day will fifa be separated into 2 modes (resp. each mode has 2 variants) - arcade, dimulation. Playerbase is big enough.
    Post edited by QuidoFrontiere on
  • Gogs
    721 posts Semi-Pro

I strongly disagree with both pounts. But we have clearly different preferences. You want more arcade gameplay, I preffer more simulation.

I hope one day will fifa be separated into 2 modes (resp. each mode has 2 variants) - arcade, dimulation. Playerbase is big enough.

I can finnaly compare ps4 version and ps5 version of the game.
    Ps4 last years game with updated transfers.
    Ps5 Version football simulation.
  • Gogs
    721 posts Semi-Pro
    Gogs wrote: »

I strongly disagree with both pounts. But we have clearly different preferences. You want more arcade gameplay, I preffer more simulation.

I can finnaly compare ps4 version and ps5 version of the game.
    Ps4 last years game with updated transfers.
    Ps5 Version football simulation.

Still cant understand it gives people who preffers last years gameplay for another 70 Euros
  • Gogs
    721 posts Semi-Pro

It doesn't falls short. PS5 Version of the game is the more of simulation. The game where you need to work for goals. Where you need to think about moving and passing. The most important, the AI on next gen is much better. If you like fast arcade ping pong gameplay then you need to stick with ps4 version which is the same game like last year with updated transfers.
  • svatocraft
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I own no PS5 but I've played the trials on PS4 and Xbox Series S. I find it very similar, hardly a difference in graphics and gameplay.
  • PaulDr
    3422 posts National Call-Up
    Prefer the gameplay on the x box x better, but it is full of graphical glitches and much harder than the x box one game.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up

It doesn't falls short. PS5 Version of the game is the more of simulation. The game where you need to work for goals. Where you need to think about moving and passing. The most important, the AI on next gen is much better. If you like fast arcade ping pong gameplay then you need to stick with ps4 version which is the same game like last year with updated transfers.

It's not even realistic. You can't turn on the ball at all. This isn't realistic. Small agile players retain the ball in tight areas and can play first time passes from tight areas in real football. They don't just get auto tackled as soon as a defender is within a metre of them while turning in slow motion.

It's not even realistic. You can't turn on the ball at all. This isn't realistic. Small agile players retain the ball in tight areas and can play first time passes from tight areas in real football. They don't just get auto tackled as soon as a defender is within a metre of them while turning in slow motion.

Interesting. In my games everybody turns well. Just not in 0.1 second.
  • Gogs wrote: »

This
  • Gogs wrote: »

Longrange finesse shots are much better on PS5 compared to PS4.

Simulation lel.
  • paul24878306
    5549 posts Big Money Move
    I WANT the simulation, but Im not buying a next gen console to do it - I have a top end gaming PC that is more than capable of running next gen code - but EA F*cked us over, and just didnt implement it rather than making it an option in settings.....
  • LFC4life
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2021
    So far....the entire game is a sack of garbage. The next gen game is far worse....you cant score goals you should bit the BS ones still occur. EA should honestly fire theor entire development team because they dont know how to make a game.

When EA learrn that with constant pressure you players should be complete dead laying on the pitch then they have no clue.
  • Zeke1216
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2021
    Played both , ps4 is basically fifa 21 , ps5 version definitely better and I skilled a lot in fifa 21 but I like this version better with a lot less skills. Think you are just liking the PS4 version cause is the same as fifa 21 and you are winning