Series s|x version looks blurry on series s

macman85
371 posts Sunday League Hero
I know this isn't the right forum but only one that's open. Just putting it here to give the issue exposure. It looks worse than the fifa 21 s|x version. Tried both 1080p and 1440p settings. Both seem to be upscaled from 720p?!

Comments

• La_Lupa
    41 posts Park Captain
    yes there is something wrong with the resolution
  • Yeah was same with fifa 21 it looks awful. Disappointing.
  • La_Lupa
    41 posts Park Captain
    Yeah was same with fifa 21 it looks awful. Disappointing.

no that is way worse than 21
  • La_Lupa wrote: »
    Yeah was same with fifa 21 it looks awful. Disappointing.

no that is way worse than 21

Yeah I know it's bad, bordering on unplayable for me haha
  • macman85
    Definitely worse than fifa 21. It was slightly noticeable in fifa 21 but I'd say this looks worse than some Xbox one games I've played. Even games without the s|x logo on them.
  • macman85 wrote: »
    Definitely worse than fifa 21. It was slightly noticeable in fifa 21 but I'd say this looks worse than some Xbox one games I've played. Even games without the s|x logo on them.

It's shockingly bad. I thought they would have sorted it for fifa 22 but they don't care.
  • macman85
    I cancelled my preorder in the end as the only thing EA understands is money. They've stayed silent on the issue despite multiple threads on the technical issue forum. I've also reached out on Twitter and heard nothing.

To cancel your preorder log on to the Microsoft store via a web browser, click your avatar and select Microsoft account, then view order history. There will be a cancel link under your fifa purchase visible until the 27th of September.

If enough of us cancel then maybe they'll actually bother to look into the issue. It was there for FIFA 21 too and they never bothered to even acknowledge it.
  • Lukaku9
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Saved me some money this thread as I was going to buy 1 cheers
  • Kloral
    4056 posts National Call-Up
    I literally bought a series S to use on my PC monitor at 1440p. Very unhappy.

What's with the ball trails too, it's like I'm playing Wii tennis or something?

Surely they have to do something about this, it's clearly not working at the correct resolution.
  • Mighty-TrIstan
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have the same issue, very unhappy about it. Mods, can we get feedback on this?
  • CPFC16
    2126 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is it really at near unplayable levels? Was planning on getting a series s for mainly Fifa but not if it’s as bad as you’re all saying
  • CPFC16 wrote: »
    Is it really at near unplayable levels? Was planning on getting a series s for mainly Fifa but not if it’s as bad as you’re all saying

It's really annoying. When the xbone version looks and plays better than the Series S version then you know there's a big problem. I will probably just play the xbone version so my eyes don't bleed 😅
  • joehuk
    6333 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 24
    CPFC16 wrote: »

yes... massive thread on the tech forums i created and it's also made national Media also.

EA response

"We're struggling to replicate the issue"
    "send images/clips"
    "What monitor do you use"

nothing since.

I'm really struggling to play the game, after one game my eyes are hurting from trying to focus, as the disortion, ghosting, pixalted visuals are horrendous.

on a side note Xbox one version works perfect, no visual issues, but then i don't get new gen features? I may aswell of stayed on the PC.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/FIFA-22-Xbox-Series-S-Resolution-issue/m-p/10759133/highlight/false#M2025
  • UM4R
    4644 posts Moderator
    Kloral wrote: »
    I literally bought a series S to use on my PC monitor at 1440p. Very unhappy.

What's with the ball trails too, it's like I'm playing Wii tennis or something?

Surely they have to do something about this, it's clearly not working at the correct resolution.

I've seen ball trails on the series x :|
  • Recardo
    9369 posts League Winner
    remember the thread on the old forum about the series s

now confirmed
  • Orison
    67865 posts Icon
    edited September 25
    Played some next gen on series s yesterday for the first time and honestly didn't notice any difference compared to PS5 :D

Next gen just looks a little more PES like and seems to have a slight motion blur. But that's the same on both consoles. Apart from that not ball trails, no headache after ~3-4 hours of playing, nothing.

What I will say is that the recordings look considerably worse. But none of these visual glitches appear ingame. If you take them out of the equation I don't think there is too much of a difference.

E.g. Series S https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/orison44/video/144175793 and Xbox One https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/orison44/video/144092816
  • Satch85
    1259 posts Professional
    I bought a series s last week and have been playing the trial and can't see the problem people are having? Game looks fine and no laggy menus or anything. I don't use a monitor just a Samsung smart TV
  • La_Lupa
    41 posts Park Captain
    Satch85 wrote: »
    I bought a series s last week and have been playing the trial and can't see the problem people are having? Game looks fine and no laggy menus or anything. I don't use a monitor just a Samsung smart TV

try the practice arena it's clear there as the camera more zoomed in
  • MaestroPirlo21
    1511 posts Play-Off Hero

Has haa. I could have posted the exact same thing. I got a series S 2 weeks ago and run it through a Samsung smart TV as well.

I can say that I don't really know what most people are talking about, as I haven't noticed anything. I have only played some squad battles though so maybe it has to do with online matches?
  • joehuk
    6333 posts Big Money Move

Fact that you don't notice laggy menu shows you don't know any different not to sound like a complete ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Lol

Despite visual issues being different for different people in game every series S Version of FIFA 22 has 30fps capped menu.

Where as X is capped at 60 in the.menus.

So for all you know in-game could look visually fine to you? But actually isn't.

Unless Microsoft has secretly released different models of series S in terms of power both yours and meastro have locked 30fps menus.
  • I'm facing the same exact issue and it's borderline unplayable for me TBH.
  • Guys anyone have a problem with matchmaking taking so long to find opponent.
  • SteveLUFC
    73 posts Park Captain
    Any more news on this, set up a series s tonight for a friend (I already have it on x) and was like wtf.

When the match kicks off wtf is up with the badges on the pitch, I felt like I was going to take a epileptic fit just looking at them flashing about for a few split seconds, the game also looks like a bad cartoon.
  • SteveLUFC wrote: »
    Any more news on this, set up a series s tonight for a friend (I already have it on x) and was like wtf.

When the match kicks off wtf is up with the badges on the pitch, I felt like I was going to take a epileptic fit just looking at them flashing about for a few split seconds, the game also looks like a bad cartoon.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/FIFA-22-Xbox-Series-S-Resolution-issue/td-p/10746600/page/141

Massive 141 page thread of annoyed Series S users that Roger has now shut down haha
  • tworaf
    611 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 6
    Anyone else have massive input delay on series s next gen ediition of the game?