Career Mode Story Help Thread (Resources, Graphics, Collabs and General Help)

Ashy
26650 posts Player of the Year
edited September 2021
The Career Mode Story Help Thread is a thread where you can get any help you need with your career mode story.

This thread is a merger of the old Resource, Graphics and Collab threads as well being a general story help thread. Use this thread to browse for resources to use in your stories, show off and get feedback on your latest work in progress graphics, find a partner to do a Collab with or just ask for any other general help and advice with your story.

Comments

• Ashy
    edited September 2021
    FAQs

What is a Career Mode Story?
    • A Career Mode Story is story of a members progress on FIFA Career Mode. It can be as detailed or as simple as the writer wants it to be and it can even be in video format. You do not need to be able to make graphics to do a story. Stories can be done in almost every mode of the game but Career Mode and Tournament Mode are the two most commonly done.

What is a Collab?
    • A Collab is a collaboration between two (or more) members. The most common examples are if one member plays the matches and writes the updates and another member makes all the graphics.

Where should I start?
    • Feel free to jump into any story in the section and comment on in, it doesn't matter if you only start reading part way through a story, the writer will be as happy to see you if you join on page 1 or page 100.

You might also like to introduce yourself to the rest of the members in the section, to do that why not make a post on the Chat Thread saying hi and maybe even letting us know a bit about who you like using in CM.

If you want to start a story and want some advice on anything to do with the thread then use this thread. We will be more than happy to help answer any of your questions to help you.

If you have any questions about the forum then please send one of the Career Mode Stories moderators a message. The Career Mode Stories moderators are:
      Why is no-one commenting on my story?
      • There are various reasons people don't comment on stories. The most common reasons are you not commenting on anyone else's story (it is polite to return the favour if someone comments on yours), you ignore constructive criticism from members or you are a newer member. If it is because you are a newer member then stick with the story and over time more and more people will comment on it. Don't start several stories within a few days as this will put people off reading them. We like to think of CMS as a friendly community so in most cases people will comment on most stories but if you are unlucky and this doesn't happen then don't give up, people will comment if you are consistent.

How can I make my story mobile friendly?
      • This guide written by one of our former Community Managers, Rob, explains how to make your forum content mobile friendly. It is written for people planning to write Guides but is equally applicable to users writing Career Mode Stories.

What formatting options are there to make my story look good?
      • This guide written by a former Community Writer, LT, explains how you can use BB code in your posts. It covers font size and colour as well as the options easily accessible from the bar of shortcuts available when making a post
  • Ashy
    edited September 2021
    MLyQ15C.png

This is a thread which aims to improve the quality of the stories on this forums by providing tutorials, graphics and other resources which are free for any member to use.

This pack contains tutorials, graphics and other resources which are free for any member to use for their story on this forums.

RrA8Thy.png

What I'll do is add my own templates here (They'll be PSD files from CS5.1) later on this week so people could use them if they are interested.
  • Ashy
    edited September 2021
    Useful Links

Here are some links which will be useful to both new and old members

Gimp - Free Image Editing Software
    Adobe Photoshop Trial
    Paint.net- Free Image Editing Software
    Using Forum BBCode

Feel free to suggest any new links you would like me to include.

• Ashy
    edited September 2021
    I'll host this thread this year I guess :D Since the last ones have been a little outdated I'll try add some stuff later on
  • Ashy
    edited September 2021
    Here is an image I've worked on for my search for the next Leeds manager for my story

dQO0ddd.png
  • Wyojasond
    19844 posts World Class
    Think I’m gonna roll with this to start as my scoreboard.

nWJgmzN.jpg
  • Ashy
    It's a pretty good score board, honestly nothing I'd change really apart from maybe either get rid of the two grey things above and below it or make them thinner
  • Ashy
    edited September 2021
    Champions and cup winners round up graphic I made, will split it into 2 pages after 2 seasons

valbJHP.png
  • Ashy
    edited September 2021
    Player end of season review template, will feature the best Leeds 11 and 5 extra players, player rating, stats and average rating shown

zGz10gb.png
  • Wyojasond
    19844 posts World Class
    Really like that end of season review template 😎
  • Stlducks
    10422 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm going to go with the simple 3 game score at a time method. I made this for the Atlanta career before I couldn't handle playing FIFA 21 anymore.

kuIxdRW.png
  • Ashy
    edited September 2021
    Looks pretty good to me only thing I'd say on the scores is the writing on the picture could be hard to see as seen on the second one, maybe add a black box around it and make it a little transparent
  • Stlducks
    edited September 2021
    I was thinking of not even using writing on pictures. Same with the red background, that’s why I did one without to see how it looked.

My other idea is to do game by game with simple graphics. Kind of like yours from a few years ago I think where it was just score, goal scorers and lineups.
  • Ashy
    edited September 2021
    You mean this graphic?

5pXWQz7_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

If so it was a bit annoying getting an in-game picture every game and it took while to write the line ups all the time but if you have a good template setup and have time to do game to game why not
  • Stlducks
    edited September 2021
    Yea that is the one. I enjoyed that one. The lineups I like for my own use, looking back to see what lineups worked previously against teams.

Post edited by Stlducks on
  • Virtual_K
    2030 posts Fans' Favourite
    There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest, but I'll repost this in the FIFA22 section in case there is somebody that wants to do a Premier League story but may not be comfortable doing graphics. This is an excel spreadsheet application that generates a league table, teams summaries, and weekly match results by entering scores in a simple-to-use form and pressing a button to copy to Windows Clipboard.

Table and summary screenshots:
    T8LVeIC.png

pbj6pkW.png

oea6bf4.png

ll3fNKq.png

Some interface screenshots:
    JBbqQ2L.png

ECo3hKv.png

zJzu5IU.png

This is the beta, but it works pretty good. The final release (which I'm still working on) will let the user create a custom table and will have an import wizard to import data from this beta, for instance.

Requires Microsoft Excel 2019 or later with VBA enabled to work correctly.

Here is the download link (valid through the weekend).
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!Av2PwYVx9L4YaShPvlj1trmxwKk

Any questions just post here and tag me (so I'll get a notification).

• Wyojasond
    19844 posts World Class
    That’s pretty awesome @Virtual_K. Really like the whole look and setup of that 🙌
  • Stlducks
    edited September 2021
    I am going to give it a shot @Virtual_K, the graphic I made for the match day scores looks a lot like yours already so it would work great.

Thanks!

Just seeing what the size looks like when taking a screenshot of the scores tab.

7N37pMy.png
    t0yZgbR.png
    Post edited by Stlducks on
  • Virtual_K
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    That’s pretty awesome @Virtual_K. Really like the whole look and setup of that 🙌

Thanks, hopefully some people will find it useful. I put a lot of effort into making the process of entering scores and screen captures really easy.
    Stlducks wrote: »
    I am going to give it a shot @Virtual_K, the graphic I made for the match day scores looks a lot like yours already so it would work great.

Thanks!

Just seeing what the size looks like when taking a screenshot of the scores tab.

That looks pretty good. I didn't mention that there is a scale option for each of the screen capture buttons if you want to reduce the image size (little scale icon) either by a little or a lot. Also, there is some initial setup that includes entering teams and stadium names, adding logos and team colors. All of that is easy and relatively painless, especially if you already have a directory with logo images saved. Colors use RGB values, which, at the very least, you can get using Microsoft Paint.

Any problems, let me know. The final version will be better with custom table and probably the ability to change colors and fonts on the weekly results.
  • Virtual_K
    I have a favor to ask. Does anybody have some good PNG images (with transparent background preferably) of:
    • English Premier league trophy
    • FA Cup trophy
    • EFL trophy
    • Champions League trophy
    • Europa League trophy

Otherwise I might actually have to turn the game on. :o
  • Virtual_K
    Just another test of some images.

Custom Table and Honors & Cup Winners

TiitSZU.png
    gS4uJrN.png
  • Stlducks
    Those look good. I was going to mess around with the spreadsheet tonight to see if I could edit font size like you said but I thought last time I tried it said the sheet was locked.
  • Virtual_K
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Those look good. I was going to mess around with the spreadsheet tonight to see if I could edit font size like you said but I thought last time I tried it said the sheet was locked.

You won't be able to make any changes, but if you download the font, it will fix the problem in the short term. With the custom table, you will have formatting control to make it look however you want and it will still auto sort. I tested it by creating a table (shown above) with the security on the worksheet enabled, and the only limitation I found is with merging cells, which shouldn't be a big deal. You can insert graphics as well (like the PL Logo). I had a problem initially with the custom table, but in the end, the solution I came up with is more elegant than my original attempt. You just select a formula type from a dropdown list, select the highlight range button, and then select the cells where the formula should appear and it will fill in. You can also use conditional formatting on the custom table sheet (which is needed for the arrows and coloring the form results (W,L,D).

• Danimal5981
    3473 posts National Call-Up
    It would help if this segment's moderator would remove these annoying threads that are completely off topic. People trying to promote products, or have questions and complaints about the game: keep it tight, please!
  • Ashy
  • Danimal5981
    It's still @Alastair ? Ok, appreciated!
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2021
    sorry, wrong thread. Didn't see there was a more generic FIFA 22 CMS discussion thread
    Post edited by Danimal5981 on
  • Steffolovitch
    2966 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have a question for a mod concerning a profile here. He, @gavin2903, was locked out of his old profile, created with an old e-mail he no longer used. So he created a new profile with his current e-mail adress, @Thurlow9984. But now he doesn't seem to be allowed to post/reply or anything, and he's reached out to me on a different site for help. I can testify that it's the same person behind these two, just don't know whom to reach out to. Can anyone help?

This is the message he sent to me:

Ufa2FZe.png
  • Ashy
    edited October 2021
    @Alastair is the mod for this section, I'm not sure what other mods there are on here in other sections.

As for the new account, I have no idea, potentially you have to confirm the account with the email address like did they send him a verify email? If not then maybe he has to wait 24/48/72 hours before he's allowed to post on here

From what I can see his new account has made a discussion and commented 18 times already
  • Steffolovitch
    2966 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ashy wrote: »
    @Alastair is the mod for this section, I'm not sure what other mods there are on here in other sections.

As for the new account, I have no idea, potentially you have to confirm the account with the email address like did they send him a verify email? If not then maybe he has to wait 24/48/72 hours before he's allowed to post on here

From what I can see his new account has made a discussion and commented 18 times already

Thanks for tagging a mod for me here. Don't know more than the above message says, so hopefully someone can help him return.