Career Mode Mega Thread

Comments

• Indiofantsma
    8 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The club should have trophy cabinet to show the actual trophies you won like online mode
  • Crowsy
    91 posts Park Captain
    I have heard the suggestion of a Trophy cabinet room a few times and the more I think on it the more it would make sense and such an easy thing to implement, even for EA.

I still haven't bought FIFA 22 and from what people are posting I'm still not buying it. But when the first few mods start coming that will fix some of these issues I will take a look.

With all the trouble Konami are having with their eFootball you would of thought EA would put the effort in but no.
  • Ekalavya wrote: »
    Why cant you make the commentators to call out players name. Most of the wonderkids on the game commentators dont call there names out , Every year this has been called out and still the same .

I wish if some other dev had all these licenses becasue that is the only reason you are still remaining as a game company

This youth player has actually a commentary name listed. I haven't played him yet though, but I do hope he'll be named by commentators, like you suggest.

However, it's his first name that is written on the back of the shirt.

Would be great to be able to edit these things. To pick a name from a list of commentary names, and to choose the writing on the back.

Pretty sure the commentators wont call there names out if its a youth player that you recruited from your youth academy
  • Eire45
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited October 9
    I've noticed that the players that don't get names and numbers from your youth academy are the 15yr olds, seems that that 16 and 17yr olds do.

Annoying as Im wasting so many talented players :(
  • Steffolovitch
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ekalavya wrote: »
    Pretty sure the commentators wont call there names out if its a youth player that you recruited from your youth academy

Surprisingly they actually do! "Morley" they say, whenever he has the ball. Awesome feature. If only it would happen more often and somehow be in our control as well...

• Eire45
    Ekalavya wrote: »

Surprisingly they actually do! "Morley" they say, whenever he has the ball. Awesome feature. If only it would happen more often and somehow be in our control as well...

The commenters do say their names every now and again for certain players, nowhere near as often as they do for actual real world players though.
  • TeamExtreme17
    4655 posts National Call-Up
    EA pleaseeee add an option to turn Tifos OFF!!

• PhantomATS
    46 posts Park Captain
    edited October 12
    When changing a player in the youth academy's position, sometimes they will get stuck on 1 week remaining forever.

The only way to fix it is to choose a different development plan, wait for the player to go up 1 ovr then go back in and select the player position again.
  • Steffolovitch

Why?
  • TeamExtreme17

Why?

Look at the picture!?
  • Dhirvish
    4 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 13
    @TeamExtreme17
    How is this Bug not on your list, it's game breaking and on fire in the Support forums:

When you substitute any player for any length of time, no matter how good their performance, they will have "poor/bad" form until you play a full game with them as a starter.

IE: In the first game of a brand new season I just created one of my MF went down in the first 10 minutes and I was forced to sub in a player. That player scored a goal and had a 9.1 rating in the match. His form the next day: "Poor". First game of the season, scored a goal, 9.1, poor form.

I've played 6 months of a season and tested this, it is 100% of the time. It happens with both Create Your Own and Legacy Career Mode teams. Some people have reported this bug existed in '21 in simulated matches. I almost never simulated matches in '21 because of the stamina bug (players always had like 30% left), so I can't confirm that. Others have said it was in '22 Beta, but I wasn't in that testing group so can't confirm that either.

To not be able to substitute players at all without damaging their progression is utterly game breaking. They literally didn't play test this game, I noticed it in the first day or two.
  • Steffolovitch

Look at the picture!?

I get it, the tifo is misplaced at the wrong set of fans.
    But still, shouldn't that be the focus of attention, rather than an option to decline tifos all together?

In the end I just haven't seen this before, and I didn't assume that it's a very big issue.
  • TeamExtreme17

Look at the picture!?

I get it, the tifo is misplaced at the wrong set of fans.
    But still, shouldn't that be the focus of attention, rather than an option to decline tifos all together?

In the end I just haven't seen this before, and I didn't assume that it's a very big issue.

They're not very realistic? I like authenticity...

Therefore a option to turn them off for people who dont like them would of been a good idea, those who like them can keep them on? Things like this belong in FUT..

Last game i had a Tifo of Aaron Wan-Bissaka taking up the whole Stretford End 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Eire45
    Its almost impossible to get a player 6'0 or over in youth academy, they are all 5'6 - 5'9 :/
  • PhantomATS
    46 posts Park Captain
    Eire45 wrote: »
    Its almost impossible to get a player 6'0 or over in youth academy, they are all 5'6 - 5'9 :/

I found some CDMs that are tall, you have to search for defensive-minded.
  • Deben de mejorar las barbas en modo carrera
  • Eire45
    edited October 14
    Gonster wrote: »
    Deben de mejorar las barbas en modo carrera

Yeah Ive got 3 scouts constantly searching for defensive minded and also physically strong players but its rare to get a player worth a 1mil or over (91-94 pot), over 6'0 AND to also be over 15yrs so they get assigned a name/number and not have chicken arms lol

I got one CB who's 5'9 and the other 6'2 then I play with a CM/CDM pairing, one is 6'1 the other 5'8... I want two giants at CB and two big CDM's really. Ive got a team of trolls atm...
  • AnthonyMUFC89
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The player stamina issue is game breaking. Players can barely play a game a week without the bar being completely drained.

Also had to turn handball off purely due to the amount of times the AI will smash the ball into the box and a penalty will be awarded.

5 in one half
  • The player stamina issue is game breaking. Players can barely play a game a week without the bar being completely drained.

Also had to turn handball off purely due to the amount of times the AI will smash the ball into the box and a penalty will be awarded.

5 in one half

Handball (except penalties) is a must
  • TeamExtreme17
    I'd love to see players come back from International duty with the odd knock, not all the time and not serious injuries, but it would be nice to get an e-mail saying:

"Unfortunately EXAMPLE has come back from International duty with a minor injury so will be unavailable for our next 1/2/3 game(s)"
  • Steffolovitch
    The player stamina issue is game breaking. Players can barely play a game a week without the bar being completely drained.

I have the opposite experience. The stamina bars for my players are hardly affected by playing 90 minutes. And I don't feel any real difference from a player with 90 stamina to one with 70...

Could this have something to do with your tactics perhaps? In previous games your stamina would drain fast, if you had pressing tactics, for instance. Don't know if that's still the case...
  • mfmaxpower
    388 posts Sunday League Hero

5 in one half

On PS5, I've not experienced any stamina issues except for the match restart bug that's been around since at least FIFA 21.
  • L4r14m
    768 posts Semi-Pro

5 in one half

Could it be that you have re-started games? There is a bug that clauses huge stamina drain upon re-start.

Otherwise, I’d say that there’s way too little drain. The AI-directed players can always easily play full 90s, unless the schedule is super tight.
  • Steffolovitch
    L4r14m wrote: »
    Otherwise, I’d say that there’s way too little drain.

My point exactly.

• FifaEli
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 19
    So I recently started playing career mode and have come across so many bugs I thought the update would have fixed them but they haven’t. Here are some of the bugs that I’ve found.

-Game randomly starts telling me my squad can’t be saved and to continue without saving. All your progress gets lost if you haven’t been saving.

-in manager career mode the first couple of months my manager went up to a 91 rating, by winning, keeping all the players decently happy and making sure I’m not missing objective. But for the past two months in the game, my rating keeps going down even after we win it’s current at 81

-another bug I found was for post and prematch interviews I’m getting asked questions as if we’ve lost the previous game therefore screwing with my team moral.it’ll say things like “what will you do different after you last loss” even tho I have a 20 no loss streak going.

-And player career mode I won’t even go into I think I’ve seen plenty people talking about the bugs in player career mode.
  • PDXcess
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 23
    Finally started playing Player Career Mode (did not play this mode in FIFA 21) and (predictably) have noticed a few things that could use some attention:

1) I have noticed that, as the season progresses, players start getting played out of position (CM at LB, CB at LB, LB at CB, CB/LB/RB at CDM). My team has players at those positions, but somehow the AI starts losing its way and puts random players at random positions.

2) When I am used as a substitute (and even if I have a good match), my form is somehow always poor. This is not realistic in any sense.

3) I remember in FIFAs past that it was not hard to get a loan or transfer if you wanted one (or didn't, for that matter). These days, it seems like you have to beg, borrow, and steal your way to a loan or transfer, and when you finally get your wish, it's to somewhere completely unrealistic. For example, my career is with a Norwegian CM playing in Norway. I have worked him up to a 75 rating as a 17 year old. Realistically, the big clubs start sniffing around (or at least teams in springboard-type leagues in Denmark, Holland, or Belgium). When I get transfer offers, however, they have been typically to places like Mexico or Turkey, which just does not happen in real life.

UPDATE: I have now finished my 1st season and have my player up to a 79 rating. I was hoping that as my player improved, so would the offers and the opportunity to leave easier. I should have known that this would not be the case, as I cannot either have my request accepted because it is 'not in the best interest of the club' or, if I have the request accepted, I receive no offers (I wonder if this has anything to do with me setting transfer negotiations to 'Strict' or not). The best I can do is a loan somewhere, but even that is frustrating as I'm generally played out of position and do not have the ability to choose my squad number as it typically reverts to the squad number I have with my parent club...ugh!!!

I know this is probably going to fall on deaf ears (or blind eyes), but hopefully these few bugs can be worked on in future updates...
    Post edited by PDXcess on
  • TeamExtreme17
    Does anything work as intended in Career Mode???