Career Mode Mega Thread

TeamExtreme17
4592 posts National Call-Up
edited October 14
Let's face it, even with this year's additions, Career Mode is still about 5 years behind where it could and should be. This isn't acceptable considering how popular this game mode is in the Fifa community and now we've had a dedicated Career Mode dev team for the past 3 years! So i've created this Mega Thread for us all to keep anything Career Mode related in one place, thus easier to see by the Fifa Devs (and it would be nice if anything Career Mode related from other posts in the forum are moved here by the mods). Whether it be asking for new features, previously removed features being brought back, or reporting bugs that still exist, which hopefully can be addressed in future Title Updates.. Let's get this game mode back to where it should be!!

New Feature Requests

* Real Managers: They are already in the game, please give us the option to choose one of them by selecting either Authentic Manager or Create Manager, just like we can choose a Real Player or Create Player in Player Career Mode, as well as Authentic Club or Create your Club in Manager Career Mode..

* Social Media: It was in The Journey 5 years ago..

* Live Cup Draws: Isn't it about time we had these in Career Mode? Especially as Fifa now has the UEFA licenses. I mean Cup Draws are a big thing, full of anticipation. We used to have Cut-Scenes for them back in LMA Manager, including voice-overs. Even the basic text-based ones (ala Football Manager) from your 2010 World Cup game would be good enough (so technically this is a Removed Feature)

See 1.43:

* Trophy Celebrations!! Oh my.. How many years have we been asking for these to be completely revamped!? We need new realistic trophy celebrations including cut-scenes for awarding of medals around players necks, carving of Champions League and even a seperate cut-scene for Finals walking up the steps and lifting the trophy in the crowd at Wembley stadium..

* Set as Captain button needs to be added on the Team Sheet menu so you can freely change your captain at one click of a button (when hovering over player)

* Pre-Season Friendlies/Tournaments: Need completely re-doing!! Currently all we get is a Tournament in which we play 3 games, if we don't proceed that's the ONLY friendlies you play all Summer!? And even if you do that's not how pre-season tournaments work in real life, whoever wins the group wins the tournament! Or whoever wins the group should play the Final straight away against the other group winner! Not a QF and SF too.. Plus teams also play other one off games in real life. So why not use the calendar to invite teams to a friendly? If you choose 1 game you can select the team, date and whether its home or away. But if you choose a tournament this would take 5 days space off your calendar. Pre-season friendlies/tournaments are all about gaining match sharpness. Training should be used for player fitness but you should only able to gain match sharpness from playing games so Pre-Season Friendlies are important!!

* A.I. still don't use all 7 subs when you Sim or Quick Sim friendlies.. They should ALWAYS use the maximum subs available as the whole point of friendlies is match sharpness!!

- May i also add that 12 subs are named in Friendlies/International games in real life so i hope this can be corrected in Fifa, as only 7 are currently allowed..

* You removed the E-Mail Inbox Shortcut (Triangle on PS4) from Fifa 19 for Fifa 20's Career Mode but then re-added it back via a post launch Title Update, but only for Manager Career.. Can you please add it back to the Player Career menu too?

* Add a scroll option in Potential Job Openings as you can currently only see a team's Starting 11 instead of full squad.. Which would make more sense seeing as you are essentially applying for the job?

* Once you've accepted an International Job Offer you should then be taken to a negotiation cut-scene to talk wages, contract length and "Example Countries" expectations.. (Qualify for World Cup, Win World Cup etc...)

* Add a notification alert on the News Tiles when you haven't viewed an article involving you, your team or one of your players.. (I feel i miss many without this)

* Set Price For Player: I always get offers for my players which are unacceptable, there should be an option like in Football Manager to "Set Price", which is automatically accepted if a team offers the requested amount..

* Offer To Clubs: I have 5 players Transfer Listed and didn't get 1 offer for any of them in the whole Transfer Window!? Please add an "Offer To Clubs" option (both Sell & Loan options) which see you get multiple offers for the player within 24 hours, this would be especially useful on Transfer Deadline Day!!

* Option To Play the Champions League/Europa League video intro before EVERY game! Currently it only plays before Match Day 1..

* Contract offers of +1 Year! You see many real life contracts in real life where the club has the option of extended a player's contract for a further year..

Example: 4 Year contract + Option of Further Year.. (Which you the manager get to trigger)

* Global Transfer Network search results: Can you please remove players who have recently moved clubs, it makes things very time consuming adding players to your shortlist that you are provided from the search results, to find out you cant buy or loan them anyway as you get a "This player has only just joined club so not available for transfer" message. They shouldn't be included in search results.. Or add a filter to not show recently transferred players?

* Please add cut-scene for new signings like you have for manager unveilings!

* Please add option to turn Dynamic Tifos On or Off! They aren't very realistic and some of us like to play realistic saves..

* Still can't select the Pitch Colour game setting inside Career Mode?

* There is still no filter in the Global Transfer Network to search for specific footed players only, so i can't search for:

CB
Left Footed
Etc..

* Please add an option of not showing players in Search Results that are out of my Transfer & Wage Budgets.. I have Ronaldo in My Search Results for a ST.. I am West Ham!!

* Still can't edit generic faces for Real players who have a generic face or re-gens. (All you need to do is open the "Head" section in Edit Real Player)

* Option to select 3rd kits, GK kits & main shirt sponsors in Create Your Club..

* More minor Injuries in training, i should frequently get e-mails saying EXAMPLE is out for between 1-5 days after sustaining a minor knock in training.. Maybe add a Slider for Short-Term & Long-Term Injuries? Currently we only have a Slider for Injuries occuring during Gameplay..

* Glasses as Accessories for Created Managers so we can at least try and recreate Klopp (example) seeing as are we locked out of using Real Managers..

* A couple of General Settings from PES i would like to see in Fifa:

- Transfer Frequency: Low, Fairly Low, Normal, Fairly High, High

- Salary Display: Weekly/Annual

* Option To Buy / make a Loan Player permanent..

* Accessories Colours: Why can't i edit the colour of the headband i put on my Player/Manager? Why can't i select a Maroon tie so it suits my West Ham Career Mode? Why is there only default tie colours available? Just add a Colour Wheel for all accessories!! (Pattern, Colour 1, Colour 2 etc) and let us edit accessory colours!

* Cold Weather Gear: I spend all that time editing my Manager's appearance for you to automatically put a big winter coat on him in winter / when it rains etc!? Why not just add Cold Weather Gear as an option!? I might not want to wear a jacket in Cold Weather? Same for Players, why cant we select Cold Weather Gear?

* Option to start as an International Manager only

* Option to start as a Club AND International Manager.

* Option to resign from your Club when you accept an International Manager job.

* Real Fixtures: Yes/No setting (No would randomise them)

* Show 3rd kits & real stadium picture for teams who have licensed stadiums in Career Mode team select screen.

* Add more letter characters for created team names & stadium names. As i can currently only rename Brentford's Generic stadium to Brentford Community Stadiu... & also my created team Harchester Unit......

* Live Table: I should be able to pause a game and view a Live Table of the current league standings based on current results. Especially on the last day of the season..

* Stadium Editor! You added Create Your Club this year but missed out on adding/porting this Amazing Stadium Editor feature from your FIFA Manager games:

Removed Features

* Sponsorships: They are still on the hoardings of generic stadiums in FIFA 22, so are actually still in the game from 10 years ago! Please add these to Career Mode as well as to be used on the front of created kits in Create your Club.

* Match Ticket Prices (Go a step further and add price adjustments for things like Season Tickets, Merchandise, Concession Prices etc like in Madden 21!)

* Staff Upgrades:

- Striker Coach
- Midfielder Coach
- Goalkeeper Coach
- Fitness Coach (New)
- Negotiator
- Scout
- Medical Staff
- Stadium Manager

* Practice Arena: This would be great for Career Mode for playing 11 vs 11 (1st team vs Reserves) matches for trying out Formations/Tactics or practising set pieces / seeing how a Youth Talent fits into your team etc..

- 1 On 1
- Create Set Piece
- Practice Set Piece
- Practice Match
- Select Sides

* Game Face: Great for Created Players or your Pro in Player Career Mode!

* Enquire About Player: Can you please add this setting back that you removed too..

* Stadium Background: Why remove it!? Just add it as an option to turn On or Off in the Career Mode menu settings..

* Classic Kits (They are in Fifa 21 in FUT! Why Not Career Mode too!?)

* Growth Curve: This would be great for seeing the Predicted Growth for your Academy stars...

* Player Growth: Great for seeing the predicted Growth for your whole squad, especially 30+ players to see if it's worth selling them or offering them a new contract..

* Internal Memo: Random questions from the media on different scenarios, your reply will effect Player/Team Morale..

* Creation Centre: This is needed now more than ever! So we can rename generic teams such as Piemonte Calcio to Juventus & also upload their real club badge/kit etc..

* Stat Tracking

* Trophy Cabinet

Bug Reports

* Leagues/Teams in Edit Real Player need to be in ALPHABETICAL ORDER and once you've edited / saved a player it should load back to that player you were last editing so you can carry on editing the rest of that team! It's currently in jumbled order & boots you out to the Career Mode main menu, instead of loading back to the player you were last editing, so you can't continue editing from where you were last up too! Which makes it very time consuming to edit players!! This bug has been in since the launch of Fifa 20 and reported multiple times in all of the Fifa 20, Fifa 21 and Fifa 22 Beta forums..

* Youth Players having Skinny Arms bug from Fifa 21, that was fixed, is back in Fifa 22..

* When players are edited their position changes and they also lose their secondary position!

* New Star Heads still don't work in existing Career Mode saves! But you have made it so kits do in Fifa 21.. Can you PLEASE do the same for Star Heads in Fifa 22!? It's really annoying having to start a completely new Career Mode save every time a new Title Update is out, which due to the current state of the game seems to be every 2/3 weeks...

* In Pre-Season & International friendlies the A.I. should be using ALL of their allotted 7 substitutes, including during Sim & Quick Sim.. Especially pre-season as the whole point of these games is for Fitness & Match Sharpness? (This is hopefully changed to 12 on Next Gen!! 12 named, 12 useable..)

* Remove From Shortlist: It still reverts all the way back to the top of your list when you remove a player from your Transfer Shortlist, this makes things unnecessarily time consuming. Can you please make it so it just goes to the next player in your list so you can continue scrolling through your shortlist once you have removed a player from it?

* "Dynamic Potential" is flawed, as reserves stall their development if not played 40-50 games a season, while starters just skyrocket their potentials and eventually overall ratings to 99, if you play them game in game out. I would really like the dynamic potential to be less dynamic, or I would be forced to keep star players out of games in order to prevent them from becoming too good in the game. And we really shouldn't be forced to take these steps in order to make the game mode harder for ourselves.

* Talks STILL breaking down for many fringe/youth players i am trying to Sell/Loan out!! Its hard enough getting transfer offers as it is, so this makes things extra frustrating..

* Players who have coloured accessories also wear that colour when playing in away & 3rd kits. They also take that default home kit accessory colour with them when transferred to another team. So if Pogba has red wrist tape for Man Utd, he wears red wrist tape when playing in the navy away kit and black/white 3rd kit and also when transferred to Chelsea who play in BLUE. We need a "Same as Kit" colour setting for accessories..

* In Career Mode, when you change to another club, your chosen squad number will stay with your player, even though another player has the same number, resulting in two players on the field with the same number. Any attempt to change this will only succeed for one match. This was also an issue in Fifa 20..

* Stop sending offers the HOUR after the Deadline has passed! I got an offer from Inter of £9million+Nainggolan for Maguire? (£9million and a 33 year old for an £80 million rated CB!?) within 24 hours of the window shutting! It clearly states the transfer window has passed but it will go through the next window (January), why not make the offer an hour earlier! I can understand getting offers in December which go through in January but not the day after the Transfer Window closes! This is obviously a bug..

* No one will Loan a player unless its Loan To Buy. They make a Loan to Buy offer, i refuse and change it to Loan only and they storm off EVERY time!

* No option to accept a Loan offer? You can decline or go straight to negotiate, why cant i just accept!?

* STILL can't assign Cold Weather Gear to players in Create / Edit Real Player & also to your Manager in Career Mode. Even though this setting is available to Data Reviewers? Please add this to the actual game..

* Still can't set / edit a players Potential stat in Edit Real Player / Create Player.

* Created players can't be put into National teams.

* The probable lineup sometimes shows players in the wrong positions.

* After a simulated match in the Premier League the game shows an aggregate above the final result. Been in the game since launch and seems to happen after a European match was played..

* When simulating a match and you're skipping to the end result, the A.I. sometimes makes 4 or 5 substitutes during the game, whilst you can actually only use 3 substitutes. (Coincidentally they don't even use that many during Pre-Season Friendlies when they should br using 7!)

* In your first press conference as a manager during the Transfer Window the press ask you about Transfer Inactivity even though the 1st Transfer Window setting is Disabled..

* Another bug in Career Mode, where a player requests a new contract straight after signing an extension, and because you've just negotiated a new one they submit a transfer request..

* At the end of the season the team's board says it will allot $47Million to me next year for Transfers. Next season comes along I get an e-mail. We've increased your Transfer Budget to $26Million! I go and look and the budget and I have $26Million. Wheres the other $21Mmillion???

* Youth Player Development Traits go down when starting a new season. Happens with a ton of players ever year in the switch from June to July. Has nothing to do with player performance. It's totally random and super annoying. I'll have guys that are 16 and Potential to Be Special suddenly be At the Club Since just from June to July because of this bug..

* Potential Job Openings: I thought i'd look at these as i'm 12th with Man Utd with no signs of being sacked at all.. And i can apply for the Real Madrid job when they are top of La Liga!? WHY? Please make jobs you can apply for be determined by your Manager Rating..

* I was on International duty with Canada whilst my game completely forgot about my MLS season, it simulated the game with no option to play it!

* Playing a Career Mode with Rapid Wien. In the 2nd season the Austrian Cup just disappeared from the calendar. I didnt even compete in it..

* When you have won a league and get the Champions Patch it doesn't revert the previous year's Champions back to the regular Patch, so there are 2 teams wearing the Champions Patch!!

* Signed Walcott permanently and he gets excited about finalizing the contract then mentions how he is transfer listed, but he is not even available to be transfer listed since I just signed him..

* There is a bug where teams in and around relegation spots never play an actual striker at striker. No wonder they hardly get any points... Everton played Sygurdsson at ST when Calvert-Lewin was on the bench?

* Skill Games: Why do i have Aarons, RB & Diop, CB doing the "Through Balls" Skill Game in Training? Surely it should be the CM/CAM & ST? These scenarios need improving should Defenders do Defending related Skill Games and Attackers do Attacking related ones..

* Commentary Names Not Assigned: I have a Youth player called Fry who doesnt have a Commentary Name in-game, but Fry is available as a Commentary Name in Create Player! So why cant i assign it to him in Edit Real Player under Info? Why is it locked? Please unlock all aspects of this mode, including Info, Body, Animations & Head sections too..

* Loan players in real life can't play against parent clubs, so why when i loaned Nketiah from Arsenal is he available for selection against them? He should be unvailable and i should get an e-mail before the game to tell me this so i can make adjustments to my squad.. Same for Loaned out players playing against me!!

* Goals & Assists shouldn't count from Pre-Season! I am 2 games in to my Premier League season and it says Lingard has 4 goals in the past 4 matches!? I've only played 2 PL games.. So why are Pre-Season games being counted?

* Still many errors in the News Tile section.

* Missing txt during interviews due to screen being changed to a Widescreen Cinematic mode? Please revert this back to how it was in Fifa 20, where it wasnt an issue..

* Man Utd fans holding up a GIANFRANCO ZOLA Tifo...

* Good Morning, Mr John? This isn't even English! It should be "Good Morning, John" or "Good Morning, Mr Smith". This has been a bug for 3 years now!! It just shows a complete lack of play testing in your game..

* Players with High Potential should move to 4.5* or 5* teams only, i had Camavinga most to West Ham in my 1st Season, this is unrealistic and kills the immersion..

* Objectives in Player Career were blank, then crashed when i clicked advance...

* Referees still point to the floor (for a Goal Kick) when Corner is awarded. This needs a new animation!

* View in Squad Hub (□) when receiving a Player Chat e-mail takes you to the wrong player. It should take you to the player you are discussing with. I received an e-mail about renewing Pogba's contract but it took me to Varane?

* If i Create a Club in PL, my team's kit font style should be PL font! If I create a club in EFL championship, my team kit font style should be EFL championship font! If I create a club in La Liga, my team kit should be La Liga font! And it should also change when promoted/relagated..

* When a player gets injured in Player Career the confidence of the coach is constantly decreasing as if he didn't know that the player is injured.

* When changing a player in the youth academy's position, sometimes they will get stuck on 1 week remaining forever.

The only way to fix it is to choose a different development plan, wait for the player to go up 1 ovr then go back in and select the player position again.

* Wrong manager appears in Player Career Mode international matches, after every international match when showing cutscenes wrong manager appears and instead of showing national team manager, club manager appears.

* When you substitute any player for any length of time, no matter how good their performance, they will have "poor/bad" form until you play a full game with them as a starter.

IE: In the first game of a brand new season I just created one of my MF went down in the first 10 minutes and I was forced to sub in a player. That player scored a goal and had a 9.1 rating in the match. His form the next day: "Poor". First game of the season, scored a goal, 9.1, poor form.

I've played 6 months of a season and tested this, it is 100% of the time. It happens with both Create Your Own and Legacy Career Mode teams. Some people have reported this bug existed in '21 in simulated matches. I almost never simulated matches in '21 because of the stamina bug (players always had like 30% left), so I can't confirm that. Others have said it was in '22 Beta, but I wasn't in that testing group so can't confirm that either.

P.S. Please tell the Career Mode devs to regularly fix Career Mode bugs/issues in future Title Updates as it's no good adding new features in future games if all these things aren't addressed first? The game is unplayable until all these issues are fixed first..
Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on

Comments

• Ashy
    16696 posts World Class
    "Newly scanned faces: Please for the love of god you very lazy people at EA, when you release newly scanned faces after release, allow them to update automatically in your CM save instead of forcing us to make new saves"

Honestly this will be one of the best updates to career mode in a long time if they fixed this, I would have thought they sorted the issue out with Gen5 consoles but doesn't seem that way.

We really need someone from EA to comment on why they cannot achieve something that should be so simple.
  • Ashy
    16696 posts World Class
    edited September 18
    "Real Managers: I’m going to echo above, let us play with real managers. It’ll probably take you all of 3 minutes to enable this option."

Another thing that should be so simple like you say, if we can be footballers in player career why can't we be real managers that have a face in manager career? Just a bit of code and it should be possible.
  • Ashy
    16696 posts World Class
    edited September 18
    "Transfers: I don’t know how hard it is to code transfers but year after year, transfer window after transfer window there’s nothing but unrealistic transfers"

They definitely need to sort the coding out for this, if you want to do a realistic career it goes down the pan within 2 seasons when you have players like Vardy going to Bayern and so on. I thought have 'stict' transfers option would be a way of sorting this but nope.

A club needs to identify what they need and buy players for that position but also consider the average age of the team so if it's an old team on average the club will buy a younger player for example. There needs to be some sort of AI to determine whether the player would go to a certain club too, if I'm Arsenal out of Europe but have £70m to spend I shouldn't be able to attract Barella or Wirtz for example.

What I tend to just do is concertante on being realistic myself and whatever happens to other clubs it is what it is.
  • Ashy
    16696 posts World Class
    edited September 18
    Also as far as create your club goes there is a good base there but it needs these additions...

- More options like a colour wheel and more designs for kits
    - Have shirt sponsoring as an option too, have like 20 to choose from and you can earn more money by having this extra sponsor through the season (the sponsor that goes in the middle of the shirt)
    - Allow us to create a 3rd kit
    - A proper stadium editor, allow us to start off with a small stadium but spend money on upgrading a stand for example, slowly upgrade a whole stadium or build a new one.
    - Allow us to choose up to 3 rivals and they don't just consist of teams in your league, can be any league.

Like I say there is a good base there but if you add the above it becomes even better and wouldn't take much work to implement I think.
  • I would like to see in the career mode the statistics of the number of trophies won, each tournament, each team. Taking into account real statistics for a specific date.
  • L4r14m
    745 posts Semi-Pro
    Ashy wrote: »
    "Transfers: I don’t know how hard it is to code transfers but year after year, transfer window after transfer window there’s nothing but unrealistic transfers"

They definitely need to sort the coding out for this, if you want to do a realistic career it goes down the pan within 2 seasons when you have players like Vardy going to Bayern and so on. I thought have 'stict' transfers option would be a way of sorting this but nope.

A club needs to identify what they need and buy players for that position but also consider the average age of the team so if it's an old team on average the club will buy a younger player for example. There needs to be some sort of AI to determine whether the player would go to a certain club too, if I'm Arsenal out of Europe but have £70m to spend I shouldn't be able to attract Barella or Wirtz for example.

What I tend to just do is concertante on being realistic myself and whatever happens to other clubs it is what it is.

Yup. Also, if you look at say, players leaving English clubs in the 3rd or the 4th tier, a vast majority move to clubs in England. Some to Scotland. Some elsewhere. But the majority is not going to, like, Romania or Mexico or… Not saying that transfers like that should never happen. Or even that this should be super realistic. But it would be very nice if the transfers made somewhat better geographical sense. Of course it’s not entirely trivial how the probabilities should be weighted for the different leagues. But maybe this could be somehow taken into account.
  • L4r14m
    745 posts Semi-Pro
    Consistency in the league tables over time. I wonder if this has been fixed. Or well, I presume it hasn’t. But I hope one day it will be.

That is, for competitions other than the ones that the game is simulating in somewhat more detail (your league, UCL, etc.), the league tables change over time in ways that make no sense. The game doesn’t keep track of the results. Rather, it occasionally determines the points in accordance with some rules. As a result, one team may have 15 points at one point, and then only 7 a little bit later. This is something of an immersion killer, and this makes it completely pointless to follow what’s going in the other leagues, say, in the league above yours (for instance, who is going to be relegated or whatever).

One would imagine this would be fairly easy to fix. (Could be wrong about this, I guess.)
  • L4r14m
    745 posts Semi-Pro
    L4r14m wrote: »

Yup. Also, if you look at say, players leaving English clubs in the 3rd or the 4th tier, a vast majority move to clubs in England. Some to Scotland. Some elsewhere. But the majority is not going to, like, Romania or Mexico or… Not saying that transfers like that should never happen. Or even that this should be super realistic. But it would be very nice if the transfers made somewhat better geographical sense. Of course it’s not entirely trivial how the probabilities should be weighted for the different leagues. But maybe this could be somehow taken into account.

I should add that I have really liked, in 21, the strict negotiations in that sometimes the clubs won’t sell because they’re rivals or whatever. Restrictions like that make the transfers more challenging, realistic, and fun (for me - of course it is nice that there is an alternative setting available).

Would also appreciate if it were at least a little difficult to hold on to young talent in the not so great clubs. If I have a super talented guy playing for I don’t know Stoke or even Brentford or whatever (of course this is all relative to the amount of talent and the level of the club etc.), it should be super hard and sometimes impossible to keep him. (So likewise for a soon Championship quality youngster in League 2 etc.) The salary demands should become hard to deal with, for instance. The players shouldn’t agree to so long deals. They should become very unhappy, the big clubs should go after them, etc.

Some of the required changes would be fairly big. But not all of them, I take it.
  • Ashy
    16696 posts World Class
    edited September 19
    I think the career mode developers (yes all 3 of them) should just take inspiration from FM in many aspects.

Like you say if I'm Stoke in the Championship and I have a young talent coming through, he's had a breakout season, provided 15 assists but we fail to get promoted, a club like Southampton come along and push hard for him, he should become unsettled and depending how his 'personality' is he either demands a big contract or a transfer to progress as a player at a higher level. On Fifa you can keep hold of these guys too easily.

I'd like to see maybe the prize money and stuff more realistic, where you are in need to use installments or detailed bonuses to sign players. Not to mention more realistic release clauses, wages and transfer fees.

As someone stated above I'd like to see more in depth stats that carry over through seasons, what if my player breaks a club record for appearances or goals in the 6th season the game doesn't recognize that.
  • L4r14m
    745 posts Semi-Pro
    Yeah FIFA CM could be moved toward FM a notch. Actually, the whole idea of it being more difficult to hold on to promising youngsters came from what little I’ve played FM. Lost almost instantly a very nice young player. Simply couldn’t afford keeping him. Loved it.

Also: yay for better stats/records!
  • SBaggio59
    495 posts An Exciting Prospect
    So much delay is not excusable in career mode. Well done for all the ideas, but EA knows very well what gamers want.
    It is only that they have other priorities, given the poverty of this mode and the scarcity of its evolution.
  • van_Pommel
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    "Newly scanned faces: Please for the love of god you very lazy people at EA, when you release newly scanned faces after release, allow them to update automatically in your CM save instead of forcing us to make new saves"

Honestly this will be one of the best updates to career mode in a long time if they fixed this, I would have thought they sorted the issue out with Gen5 consoles but doesn't seem that way.

We really need someone from EA to comment on why they cannot achieve something that should be so simple.

Totally agree this would be a massively positive change for CM players. However, I think the way the game works with each CM having its own squad file and player development, the player appearance is also saved in there so I expect it would be a complex change to make.
  • TeamExtreme17
    van_Pommel wrote: »

Totally agree this would be a massively positive change for CM players. However, I think the way the game works with each CM having its own squad file and player development, the player appearance is also saved in there so I expect it would be a complex change to make.

New Star Heads work in existing Master League saves in PES.. What's the difference?
  • L4r14m wrote: »
    Yeah FIFA CM could be moved toward FM a notch. Actually, the whole idea of it being more difficult to hold on to promising youngsters came from what little I’ve played FM. Lost almost instantly a very nice young player. Simply couldn’t afford keeping him. Loved it.

Also: yay for better stats/records!

This kind of issue is why I can't make myself play Manager Career Mode - I keep comparing it to FM (which I have played a LOT over the years).

I do like the idea of Player Career Mode and have played that a bit this year but that too has so many issues which is a shame.
  • L4r14m
    745 posts Semi-Pro
    Yeah if FM comes to PS at some point I might move on from FIFA. But then I do like playing the matches. And FM is pretty heavy. So something in-between the two would be the sweet spot for me, I guess.
  • Agree that FM has become a bit too heavy even for me. It's realism & detail is both its strength & weakness!
  • TeamExtreme17
    Agree that FM has become a bit too heavy even for me. It's realism & detail is both its strength & weakness!

That's why they have a stripped back hybrid version called FM Touch..
  • Steffolovitch
    451 posts Sunday League Hero
    A lot of great ideas for improvements in this thread. I've pre-ordered FIFA 22 with the sole purpose of playing (manager) Career Mode, so I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread from now on.

My number one concern about career mode is the flawed "dynamic potential", where reserves stall their development if not played 40-50 games a season, while starters just skyrocket their potentials and eventually overall ratings to 99, if you play them game in game out. I would really like the dynamic potential to be less dynamic, or I would be forced to keep star players out of games in order to prevent them from becoming too good in the game. And we really shouldn't be forced to take these steps in order to make the game mode harder for ourselves.
  • Couple of things I would like to see improved.

Presentation of League Tables
    Currently we can only see about 9 teams on a table at once, we should be able to see atleast 12 on one page and have the ability to flick between the top and bottom of a table with one click (aswell as scroll)

Player Data
    Lots of talk in the pitch notes about the extra stats from in a game - so lets see this on the tables - i'm not asking for FM level of detail but it would be good to see tackles won, headers won, shots on target, key passes etc.

• Since1875
    460 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bring back LMA manager.
  • One thing that needs updating desperately are the generic stadiums, especially with create a club coming in. Whether it's in Career Mode or CaC, the stadiums are integral to our experience. Not only are the dated generic stadiums in need of a refresh, but we need more diversity in stadia too. Town Park is the only realistic option for any Football League club with a capacity of under 10,000 for example.

We need some means of making them feel more unique, not just changing seat colour. Being able to customise individual stands could be a good option to give each stadium assigned to a club a completely unique feel. A small roster of stands (20-30), roofs (8-12), outer facades (8-12) etc, would give us the ability to have a much more realistic and personalised experience, particularly for CaC. Feeling like you built your own stadium, and being able to build upon it as your team grows would be amazing. I'd also like to see some sort of customisation with the surrounds of a stadium too. Take Plough Lane for example, with it's big brick building facades, or Adams Park, Wycombe, surrounded by trees and rolling hills.

These changes wouldn't have to be anything particularly groundbreaking. Options like these give us the scope to create our own unique experience. Give us the tools so we can put the work in should we want to, that's what Career Mode is all about.
  • L4r14m
    745 posts Semi-Pro
    A lot of great ideas for improvements in this thread. I've pre-ordered FIFA 22 with the sole purpose of playing (manager) Career Mode, so I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread from now on.

My number one concern about career mode is the flawed "dynamic potential", where reserves stall their development if not played 40-50 games a season, while starters just skyrocket their potentials and eventually overall ratings to 99, if you play them game in game out. I would really like the dynamic potential to be less dynamic, or I would be forced to keep star players out of games in order to prevent them from becoming too good in the game. And we really shouldn't be forced to take these steps in order to make the game mode harder for ourselves.

This. Is. A. Big. Issue. Hopefully this catches someone’s eye - this should/would be of interest to the dev team. A really big deal concerning the career mode. It’s a nice feature, but in its current (or 21) state it has the potential to ruin the entire game. One thing that would help would be to simply tone down the effects considerably. Slight improvements/downgrades would be brilliant. But only slight. And this would probably be easy to do (and would not break the balance or whatever).
  • I played a player's career mode and I'm stunned by 2 things 1. and the big mistake is that when a player gets hurt the confidence of the coach is constantly decreasing as if he didn't know that the player is injured and when the marodka ends so the news still comes that the player is playing badly.
    2. I am happy for all the things that were added to the Player career mode, but I also expected to work with money as in the NHL21 or the possibility of communication with the team, coach, journalists or post-match press releases.
  • TheSupernatural
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    SwampBoy wrote: »
    One thing that needs updating desperately are the generic stadiums, especially with create a club coming in. Whether it's in Career Mode or CaC, the stadiums are integral to our experience. Not only are the dated generic stadiums in need of a refresh, but we need more diversity in stadia too. Town Park is the only realistic option for any Football League club with a capacity of under 10,000 for example.

We need some means of making them feel more unique, not just changing seat colour. Being able to customise individual stands could be a good option to give each stadium assigned to a club a completely unique feel. A small roster of stands (20-30), roofs (8-12), outer facades (8-12) etc, would give us the ability to have a much more realistic and personalised experience, particularly for CaC. Feeling like you built your own stadium, and being able to build upon it as your team grows would be amazing. I'd also like to see some sort of customisation with the surrounds of a stadium too. Take Plough Lane for example, with it's big brick building facades, or Adams Park, Wycombe, surrounded by trees and rolling hills.

These changes wouldn't have to be anything particularly groundbreaking. Options like these give us the scope to create our own unique experience. Give us the tools so we can put the work in should we want to, that's what Career Mode is all about.

Completely agree but imo none of that matters if we still play half our games in generic away stadiums. They need to add the ability to customize other team's stadiums. Currently we can just change the name, but it's the same outdated generic grey model. Not good enough.
  • TeamExtreme17
    SwampBoy wrote: »
    One thing that needs updating desperately are the generic stadiums, especially with create a club coming in. Whether it's in Career Mode or CaC, the stadiums are integral to our experience. Not only are the dated generic stadiums in need of a refresh, but we need more diversity in stadia too. Town Park is the only realistic option for any Football League club with a capacity of under 10,000 for example.

Completely agree but imo none of that matters if we still play half our games in generic away stadiums. They need to add the ability to customize other team's stadiums. Currently we can just change the name, but it's the same outdated generic grey model. Not good enough.

Exactly this! This is what we've been asking for for years and what i thought we were getting 😭
  • TeamExtreme17
    I have updated the OP with many New Feature Requests, Removed Features & Bug Reports from Fifa 20 as it is pretty much a copy/paste job. If anyone notices any errors, or if any bugs have been fixed that are still listed please let me know and i will update the OP..
  • TeamExtreme17
    van_Pommel wrote: »

Modders seem to disagree..

• Crowsy
    90 posts Park Captain
    I've been buying FIFA for years, like many people falling for the hype but now no longer pre-Order it and wait for the real reviews to come out

What had me still buying FIFA was the excellent mods that now come out, which amongst other things lets you play as a real manager and gives you back the teams that get un-licenced. It shouldn't have to be this way as EA for some reason don't like pleasing people.

Great suggestions above, perhaps one day we'll see it in the game. For me I was starting to look seriously at FIFA 22 especially after PES 22 got off to such a bad start. And when it is known that EA had the Vanarama Licence and this coupled with the create a club I actually thought of pre-ordering.

But we know this is EA and all the bad stuff started coming out. PC were not going to get the next Gen stuff, WTF? The we heard despite EA having the Vanarama Licence it was not going to be in the game but Wrexham will be in the RoW. Thanks a bunch EA.

Other omissions started to appear so much so the create a club looked like an empty gesture. This might be the first year for a long, long time I will not bother buying a football game. I only play Career mode and that won't be coming untill next year. I will look again when the mods start coming out but oh so disappointed in EA.