Anyone has severe button delay in the last 1-2 weeks

SuperJames9005
2090 posts Fans' Favourite
The gameplay was OK in the last a few months but starting from the last 1-2 weeks, I have been experiencing severe button delay in both Rivals and Champs. I am not sure if they have shut down the servers but 5 out of 10 games are almost not playable. Anyone experience similar issue?

Comments

• Rippa
    1883 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes. Big time
  • Mogga
    2908 posts National Call-Up
    It's been a complete mess for years
  • Springveldt
    6405 posts Big Money Move
    Spent Thursday, Friday and Sunday grinding the 85x10 to do CR7 and PIM Gullit then tried to play a few games Sunday night. Quit 3 of the 4 games as my players were ice skating all over the park, when you tried to stop and turn they just continued on for a yard or 2. Passing was delayed as well. Complete waste of time doing those SBC's.

I've been complaining on here since FIFA 17 about button delay but this year it was actually OK in patches for a week at a time then garbage for weeks. Hardly played since the start of August and those 4 games made me remember why.
  • SuperJames9005
    Rippa wrote: »
    Yes. Big time

Do you have OK gameplay beforehand? I think my delay starts about 2 weeks ago or so since they dropped the repeatable 85X10 SBC. I think they might have shut down servers as well.
  • CheeseSlice
    1672 posts Play-Off Hero
    What is everyones latency before games
  • SuperJames9005
    Spent Thursday, Friday and Sunday grinding the 85x10 to do CR7 and PIM Gullit then tried to play a few games Sunday night. Quit 3 of the 4 games as my players were ice skating all over the park, when you tried to stop and turn they just continued on for a yard or 2. Passing was delayed as well. Complete waste of time doing those SBC's.

I've been complaining on here since FIFA 17 about button delay but this year it was actually OK in patches for a week at a time then garbage for weeks. Hardly played since the start of August and those 4 games made me remember why.

I actually have decent gameplay in August? Have less than 5 games that I can call "DELAYED" in WL each week and hardly any delay in Rivals. However, it has been atrocious in the last a couple of weeks. Just like you, I am quitting games after games because I can barely defend after switching the players.
  • SuperJames9005
    edited September 13

It's a lie. I always have 30-45ms (mostly 32ms or 40ms) shown there and yet they were very smooth before and now every game I got connection issue warning (yellow WIFI icon) in-game. And it takes ages even for Messi to turn...
  • CheeseSlice
    1672 posts Play-Off Hero

It's a lie. I always have 30-45ms shown there and yet they were very smooth before and now every game I got connection issue warning (yellow WIFI icon) in-game. And it takes ages even for Messi to turn...

I only ever have 2 options .

18 and 20

• joehuk
    6333 posts Big Money Move

At least I'm not the only one experiencing this.

I've had it also since around 18 onwards... Patches of amazing Gameplay to weeks of complete hell.

Ill be honest ever since servers have become pretty quiet with less and less playing especially on the pc gameplay hasn't been to bad.
  • SuperJames9005

It's a lie. I always have 30-45ms shown there and yet they were very smooth before and now every game I got connection issue warning (yellow WIFI icon) in-game. And it takes ages even for Messi to turn...

18 and 20

We live in U.S. but have to connect to Mexico City to play. 30-45 ms is the best we can get :D

More than 50% of my opponents TIFOs are Mexican National Flag...
  • FaFiFa
    1446 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 13
    joehuk wrote: »

At least I'm not the only one experiencing this.

I've had it also since around 18 onwards... Patches of amazing Gameplay to weeks of complete hell.

Ill be honest ever since servers have become pretty quiet with less and less playing especially on the pc gameplay hasn't been to bad.

It is the same story every year.

Early Access and first couple of weeks, smooth gameplay.

After that it is a sh-I-tshow

and EA is pouring money to Beckham and not to servers
  • Damo_Suzuki
    3314 posts National Call-Up
    It's been bad for years for me but yes it got worse since the last update I think.
  • DaveMadMan
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    Perfect high speed connection, low ping which means you are close to the servers, but EA help says there is no problem at all. Reset your router
  • SuperJames9005
    It's been bad for years for me but yes it got worse since the last update I think.

Great it's not just me. It somehow suddenly got worse where I have connection wifi icon every single game and even speed lag sometimes.
  • DaMMian
    2231 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mogga wrote: »
    It's been a complete mess for years

giphy.gif
  • Not only the gameplay delay, even the menu, they keep loading now
  • I SiR MartY I
    10420 posts Has That Special Something
    Try the last 2-3 years

Even the menus on next gen are delayed since the last maintenance
  • Rippa
    1883 posts Fans' Favourite
    Rippa wrote: »
    Yes. Big time

Do you have OK gameplay beforehand? I think my delay starts about 2 weeks ago or so since they dropped the repeatable 85X10 SBC. I think they might have shut down servers as well.

Seems that I'll have for an extended period of time of at least a week. Then it'll be good for a spell, then back to the lag. And it's infuriating
  • andy12341
    65 posts Park Captain
    I'm so pleased that the gameplay has somehow got worse which I didn't think was possible but EA have somehow done it since the last maintenance...I was in two minds but my pre order is now cancelled and I'm giving up. After this crazy 85+ sbc I have virtually every top player and icon available but complete waste of time with all the lag and in-game shenanigans...hope you lads enjoy 22..good luck.
  • forearms
    5726 posts Big Money Move

18 and 20

We live in U.S. but have to connect to Mexico City to play. 30-45 ms is the best we can get :D

More than 50% of my opponents TIFOs are Mexican National Flag...

So true. Lag is tough when you are constantly connecting to someone 2000 miles from you.
  • Ballerson
    1279 posts Professional
    Its a strange gaming experience for sure…inexplicable junk occurs in waves — like groups of games — then a ray of sun shines and the game settles and all plays well — but I have an unsettled feeling opp is now the recipient of unfair gameplay — since ea does not post or allow us all to see what our ops connection issues were — win or lose we don’t fully know if its connection related but we are left unsatisfied….

What I particularly adore about the game is when a guy repeatedly tackles from behind, when an op gets tackled repeatedly but the ball keeps going back to him or tackled player gets up faster than the d (which is pukeifying unrealistic) or when op gets 2 shots on goal and both are rebound goals —- lest I forget — my fast forwards are hamsters to 9 pace 12 acceleration lower cbs and i either get run down by slopokes or hamster wheel spins while vvd makes up 3 meters and beats my 99 pace/acceleration to the line —.

There should be a 12 step program for the online junk we experience….😉
  • BernaLeo87
    619 posts An Exciting Prospect
    After last maintenance it's absolutely unplayable every single game is a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ show
  • broxigaz
    667 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ballerson wrote: »
    Its a strange gaming experience for sure…inexplicable junk occurs in waves — like groups of games — then a ray of sun shines and the game settles and all plays well — but I have an unsettled feeling opp is now the recipient of unfair gameplay — since ea does not post or allow us all to see what our ops connection issues were — win or lose we don’t fully know if its connection related but we are left unsatisfied….

What I particularly adore about the game is when a guy repeatedly tackles from behind, when an op gets tackled repeatedly but the ball keeps going back to him or tackled player gets up faster than the d (which is pukeifying unrealistic) or when op gets 2 shots on goal and both are rebound goals —- lest I forget — my fast forwards are hamsters to 9 pace 12 acceleration lower cbs and i either get run down by slopokes or hamster wheel spins while vvd makes up 3 meters and beats my 99 pace/acceleration to the line —.

There should be a 12 step program for the online junk we experience….😉

Yeah takes the fun out of winning,when you can see your opponent struggling to make passes etc.
  • Destin8or
    5570 posts Big Money Move

It's a lie. I always have 30-45ms (mostly 32ms or 40ms) shown there and yet they were very smooth before and now every game I got connection issue warning (yellow WIFI icon) in-game. And it takes ages even for Messi to turn...

Is there servers closer to you?
    You need geo-filtering, but this can also increase your wait time for a game
  • All4fun1991
    2646 posts Fans' Favourite
    That’s been my life story the whole year. You’re lucky that it’s been only 2 weeks.
  • Maximus AK47
    2665 posts Fans' Favourite
    Less people play FIFA21 currently... yet servers and gameplay is trash as is was during peak loads during the past season...

anyone expects things getting better in FIFA 22 ???? EA disgusting company
  • SuperJames9005
    edited September 15
    BernaLeo87 wrote: »
    After last maintenance it's absolutely unplayable every single game is a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ show

Glad I am not the only one. Which region you are in?

I haven't played the last couple of days. I played two matches today. They are not yellow, instead, they are red. What a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ show indeed.
  • SuperJames9005
    edited September 15
    Even EA noticed that:

15 September, 2021
    20:58 UTC
    Game Mode : Division Rivals
    Poor
    Ping :
    31.74 ms
    Jitter :
    1.57 ms