FUT 22 - More Details

EA_rephii
posts EA Community Manager
edited September 20
Dear friends of sports!

Until the FIFA 22 EA Play test phase there are less than two weeks left and there are a lot of new features in FUT 22, which have raised some questions after the release of the Pitch Notes. In one of our Top Bins Livestreams 2 weeks ago our colleagues from Vancouver were available for questions from the community.

We have a summary of the most important information that you might be interested in:

zo96fsm71qgh.png
  • The limit of 30 games is no longer present in FUT 22. Division Rivals can be played as much and as often as you want.
  • Qualifying points for FUT Champions will remain the same depending on which division you are in and will always be earned equally, which is roughly how it works in FUT 21 right now.
  • Each player will start in Division 10 and earn their way up each season. After the end of a season, you will then get a reset that will set you back a few divisions. The next season you will have to play your way up again. How strong the reset will be has not been fully determined yet and these details are still being tweaked until release.
  • Conversely, we have removed the placement matches in Rivals and Squad Battles from FUT22 because, as previously mentioned, all players will start in Season 1, or as new players, in Division 10.
  • Co-op will still be available in Rivals, Squad Battles and Online Friendlies. Matchmaking is based on the Division Rivals rank of the better player. (Example: Your friend is in Division 4 and you yourself are in Division 2, then the matchmaking search will be based on Division 2).
  • Furthermore, co-op will also work in the Elite Division.
  • All new features will be available on both Gen 4 and Gen 5.

gl8cvmt49ozf.png

Playoffs:

i4bpvmfcj92o.png
  • Qualification is automatic by earning enough qualification points. This will automatically deduct one entry point and you can start your playoffs.
  • There will be more entry points in FUT 22 than there will be finals in a season, how many exactly is still being optimized and adjusted through feedback.
  • If you do not reach the finals in a playoff round, you can qualify for the playoff phase again via the Rivals games, but another entry will be deducted for this.

Finals:
  • If you qualify for the Finals stage, no additional entry will be deducted.
  • The points required to reach the finals have not yet been determined and will be further adjusted based on feedback until launch.
  • There will be no co-op FUT Champions.
  • The Champion Finals will be less than 30 matches, exactly how many is still being balanced, but rest assured, with consideration to the playoff matches, that you should have an enjoyable gaming experience.
  • You cannot participate in a Finals round more than once. If you finish all the games on a Friday, for example, you will not be able to qualify again through the playoffs for the same Finals stage on the same weekend.

eq31dwehoau7.png
  • Division Rivals rewards will continue to be credited on a weekly basis, although it is not yet clear whether we will retain Thursday as a reward day.
  • Division Rivals rewards are only earned by winning during the current week. If you reach the number of wins needed to earn the rewards, you will be able to earn more wins after that to upgrade your rewards. These upgrades will be adjusted accordingly if you move up in rank or division during the process.
    nr14n1p7k3mp.png
  • The rewards from the FUT Champions Finals phase will be given to you either directly after you have completed all the games, or, if you have not completed all the games over the weekend, the rewards will be credited to you after the Finals phase is over.
  • Red player cards will also be available again in FUT 22, but exactly how they will be distributed is still unknown.

p1ndogayrxbl.png

Q: What is being done to address the intentional downgrading of Division as players want to push their skill value for tasks, such as icon swaps, to get easier opponents?
With the introduction of the new ladder system in Division Rivals and the associated checkpoints, players will no longer be able to drop below a checkpoint once they reach it in a current season. This ensures that players play with players of roughly the same strength and thus further enhances fairness.

o75yjqdpflc9.png
*Checkpoints are marked with a flag symbol in the respective Rivals levels. Screenshot is for illustration purposes only and does not represent final checkpoints.

Q: Due to feedback from the beta, there were more complaints about the pack animation, as you could see the player running out before the card was revealed. Is this still being changed?
Yes, we have received the feedback on this and in an early patch we plan to address this feedback and change the animation, as we understand the excitement expectation.
However, the tunnel sequence will no longer be present in FUT22 as we wanted to shorten the general time in animation.

Q: Can I play four-player co-op games against each other with my friends?
Unfortunately no, as the focus this year was on a drop-in feature so that players who don't have co-op partners can find a playing partner faster and easier, we didn't bring this feature into FUT22, but we heard loud and clear that players want this feature and we are looking at this going forward.

If you want to watch the stream with our producers again, you can do so here (the interview starts at 36:35):
Post edited by EA_rephii on

Comments

• ha032742
    41241 posts Moderator
    edited September 20
    A great summary of some of the key changes @EA_rephii that some, including myself, may have missed! I’ve stickied the thread for those that may have missed the new changes :+1:
  • Any changes coming after the early access except patches?
  • What about stadia , you have a community for
    PS ,pc , xb, Nintendo , but not one for stadia :)
  • Smudge
    5008 posts Big Money Move
    Love this thread as we don’t always get this sort of communication. Thanks for this
  • abhreebhu_45
    6131 posts Big Money Move
    Nice explanation

M still a bit confused about wl system though,,what is playoff n finals?
  • ha032742
    41241 posts Moderator
    Nice explanation

From my limited understanding, you play rivals during the week to qualify for playoffs which also take place during the week. If you go a certain W/L ratio you go into WL proper and play 20 games. You have to qualify for each WL as there is no auto qualification for reaching a certain rank in WL proper.

I’m sure someone will correct me on the above though :)
  • abhreebhu_45
    6131 posts Big Money Move
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Nice explanation

From my limited understanding, you play rivals during the week to qualify for playoffs which also take place during the week. If you go a certain W/L ratio you go into WL proper and play 20 games. You have to qualify for each WL as there is no auto qualification for reaching a certain rank in WL proper.

I’m sure someone will correct me on the above though :)

Even I read the same through various portals
    It's a bit confusing
    All I can make out is that qualifying for wl is gonna be tough
  • Andyh60
    1685 posts Play-Off Hero
    All I can make out is that qualifying for wl is gonna be tough

yes think this will be the toughest bit, like it was on say 17 and 18.
  • Don’t miss the FIFA 22 lunch on 26 September and pre order now https://shrinke.me/l04jrc
  • bigpokey24
    4889 posts Big Money Move
    so the WL is like that of fifa 17( qualify through playoffs)
  • WallStreetGamer
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    HEELYasser wrote: »
    Don’t miss the FIFA 22 lunch on 26 September and pre order now https://shrinke.me/l04jrc

Lunch!? I didn’t get an invitation!
  • bravia26s
    324 posts Sunday League Hero
    HEELYasser wrote: »
    Don’t miss the FIFA 22 lunch on 26 September and pre order now https://shrinke.me/l04jrc

Lunch!? I didn’t get an invitation!

Then you will get a PUNCH 😄
  • Timberjim
    48 posts Park Captain
    I have to say that I am extremely disappointed with the fact that the core modes in UT only slightly change. Squad Battles is an extremely boring mode where you just grind your way to an ever increasingly top. Super tedious. The same goes for Rivals. I wish there was some kind of interesting division/tournament structure that would make it feel less grindy. I really miss the much more involving structure from career mode, but still with the card metagame.
  • The new features of FIFA 22 look amazing. I haven't tried the early access yet but I'm definitely going to hop on it soon. I have researched some of the best starter teams on the game and cannot wait to try them out. Hopefully these teams will help me throughout my FUT journey.

https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/fifa-22-ultimate-team-best-teams
  • The highest rated players on the game are slightly inaccurate. For example, how can you downgrade Ronaldo and Salah?

https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/fifa-22-best-strikers