The slowest 99 pace player in FUT21 is........

Mogga
3278 posts National Call-Up
Has to be tots Alphonso Davies doesn't it.

Runs like he's in quicksand.

FRAUD

Comments

• David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Messi
  • Cbn
    2133 posts Fans' Favourite
    EOE Ramos
  • Swanz05
    6062 posts Big Money Move
    Agree Davies feels a bit slow these days. Inb4 someone starts waffling on about pace versus body type versus blah blah blah :D
  • Captain_Emirate
    989 posts Professional
    edited September 2021
    Unfortunately, pace depends on body-type, height and weight of the player. The fastest players are with lean body-type. Average and stocky body-types are heavy and if they are tall will be slower, even with 99 pace. This is more realistic.
  • KTorres
    60 posts Park Captain
    Unfortunately, pace depends on body-type, height and weight of the player. The fastest players are with lean body-type. Average and stocky body-types are heavy and if they are tall will be slower, even with 99 pace. This is more realistic.

Agreed, hence Lionel Messi is one of the fastest
  • Bobo23
    4536 posts National Call-Up
    No idea if he's got any 99 pace cards this year as I haven't played for a while, but Leroy Sane is always the player with high pace that feels like a snail in-game imo.
  • Jordonp
    3184 posts National Call-Up
    These threads do my head in.

All stats are relative.

A small player like Coutinho could have max strength but you wouldn’t expect them to be out muscling Lukaku even if Lukaku was at half strength.

A players peak attributes are peaked based on their physical attributes as well. That is why not everyone with 99 pace accelerates and runs at the same speed.

• KTorres
    60 posts Park Captain
    Jordonp wrote: »
    These threads do my head in.

All stats are relative.

A small player like Coutinho could have max strength but you wouldn’t expect them to be out muscling Lukaku even if Lukaku was at half strength.

A players peak attributes are peaked based on their physical attributes as well. That is why not everyone with 99 pace accelerates and runs at the same speed.

Spot on, that’s why Harry Kane is not that fast
  • Mogga
    Swanz05 wrote: »
    Agree Davies feels a bit slow these days. Inb4 someone starts waffling on about pace versus body type versus blah blah blah :D

you squeezed in by 3 minutes. congratulations :D
  • Lackosweat
    10966 posts Has That Special Something
    The TOTS is but the TOTY is not.
  • cantonagod
    1398 posts Professional
    Theo Hernandez also- decent card but no way feels like a 99
  • FrankFrank
    9067 posts League Winner
    Davies feels like one of the fastes players in the game imo :D
  • xCDHx
    1406 posts Professional
    Futties Kante feels like 105 pace
  • pes1972
    1510 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ismaïla Sarr has always been slow and useless to me
  • CheeseSlice
    2092 posts Fans' Favourite
    A31-A88-CB-84-E2-4520-B046-9-B1-D289-EC890.png

This guy is a fraud.

Doesnt get in behind
    Doesnt win anything
    Deffo not 99 pace aye
  • joehuk
    7346 posts League Winner
    Strange... Davies for me feels the fastest LB I've used all year.
  • abhreebhu_45
    13678 posts Has That Special Something
    Futties bellerin
    Tots sarr
    SD Castillejo
    Tots Antony
  • Mogga
    I might of packed a broken tots davies by the sounds of it :-(
  • Supermario911
    2217 posts Fans' Favourite
    Heskey
  • Destin8or
    5674 posts Big Money Move
    I have always found mbappe and CR7 the hardest to catch, if they get goalside it's over.

Haven't faced the new CR7, who technically is still not 99 pace.

Would love to see how cards are programmed, I don't believe cards are programmed with 99 levels for each stat, doesn't seem practical when you think about it.
  • Mogga
    Futties bellerin
    Tots sarr
    SD Castillejo
    Tots Antony

Forgot about Antony, definite FRAUD. Think I may still have him in the club somewhere actually
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2021
    Destin8or wrote: »
    I have always found mbappe and CR7 the hardest to catch, if they get goalside it's over.

Haven't faced the new CR7, who technically is still not 99 pace.

Would love to see how cards are programmed, I don't believe cards are programmed with 99 levels for each stat, doesn't seem practical when you think about it.

Having 99 levels of each stat is entirely practical. Lots of video games, of all different genres, are based around the player controlling characters who have many different stats and if it were any other developer I would say it’s no doubt implemented properly.

The problem is that we know EA are lazy and the stats on paper never match in game performance.
  • Nktori
    309 posts Sunday League Hero

I don't think this makes senses.

The stats on the card should mean the in game performance. The player model should just be appearance. If chunkier cards shouldn't be as fast that should be reflected in the stat numbers, not how that mystifyingly translates in game.

Why should a stocky player like Adama be penalised for this in game. If it says he's max pace he should be max pace. If he shouldn't be as agile, then don't max out the stat. Pace and agility comes in all shapes and sizes. It's silly how lean body type makes cards more meta for attacking.
  • I SiR MartY I
    14113 posts Has That Special Something
    TOTS Sarr

99 pace is a lie
  • Jordonp
    3184 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2021
    Nktori wrote: »

The stats on the card should mean the in game performance. The player model should just be appearance. If chunkier cards shouldn't be as fast that should be reflected in the stat numbers, not how that mystifyingly translates in game.

Why should a stocky player like Adama be penalised for this in game. If it says he's max pace he should be max pace. If he shouldn't be as agile, then don't max out the stat. Pace and agility comes in all shapes and sizes. It's silly how lean body type makes cards more meta for attacking.

Because that’s how a simulator works.

And for a real life example. I might hit my peak strength in the gym. My 99 strength. But I’m 5’8 and 70kg. I’m just not going to lift more than someone 6’3 at 100kg who is at maybe even 70-80 strength.

However if my acceleration was at 70 and theirs at 99. Who’s going to be quicker off the mark?

If you ignore physical attributes you dumb the game down and it becomes even more generic. The complexity over attributes makes it interesting and tips different scales/balances, reflective of real life.

Every player model has physical limits and that’s what you expect. If you had a universal attribute system it would imply that every model can reach the same physical boundaries in pace/strength etc which just isn’t realistic.
  • BlackFridayRule
    1598 posts Play-Off Hero
    David12344 wrote: »
    Messi

This.
  • libertao
    1822 posts Play-Off Hero
    Malen, then Adama. Boosted bulky players, essentially. As you'd probably guess.
  • limjitwe
    10044 posts Has That Special Something

And for a real life example. I might hit my peak strength in the gym. My 99 strength. But I’m 5’8 and 70kg. I’m just not going to lift more than someone 6’3 at 100kg who is at maybe even 70-80 strength.

However if my acceleration was at 70 and theirs at 99. Who’s going to be quicker off the mark?

If you ignore physical attributes you dumb the game down and it becomes even more generic. The complexity over attributes makes it interesting and tips different scales/balances, reflective of real life.

Every player model has physical limits and that’s what you expect. If you had a universal attribute system it would imply that every model can reach the same physical boundaries in pace/strength etc which just isn’t realistic.

Pretty well explained 👏
  • METH
    2020 posts Fans' Favourite

Finally a sensible comment.
  • joehuk
    7346 posts League Winner
    TOTS Sarr

99 pace is a lie

Oh this is a 100% lol.

Also martial futties is up there he doesn't feel like he has 99.