Score in bring your best with at least 6 midfielders in your starting squad??

I SiR MartY I
10390 posts Has That Special Something
How is this possible when its max chem and all the cards change when you search, unless I'm having the biggest brain fart of my life, when you search it changes the cards to the position they are in when you searched and gives them all links, so how can you have 6 mids if you were to put a LM into LB but he gets converted into LB when you search?

Comments

• Blackbird
    349 posts Sunday League Hero
    Play 433 false 9, have your CF set as a CAM, wingers set as RM/LM?
  • I SiR MartY I
    Blackbird wrote: »
    Play 433 false 9, have your CF set as a CAM, wingers set as RM/LM?

The mode is max chem, so when you search it would convert the player to CF and LW RW to give them max chem
  • DaveMadMan
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    I guess we'll just have to try and see if it counts
  • Selgarr
    1525 posts Play-Off Hero
    Can you not just build a team, make sure it has 6 midfielders by doing add player>search>position>midfielder
    and adding six midfielders.

Then go to the friendlies>bring your best and then playing the match?
  • I SiR MartY I
    Selgarr wrote: »
    Can you not just build a team, make sure it has 6 midfielders by doing add player>search>position>midfielder

Worked the 2nd time for me, 1st game I had 6 and it didn't count, 2nd game i put 8/9 in and it worked ok

I guess it goes by position before the max chem changes apply, thankfully
  • Selgarr
    1525 posts Play-Off Hero

Worked the 2nd time for me, 1st game I had 6 and it didn't count, 2nd game i put 8/9 in and it worked ok

When it didn't count in the first game did you definitely score from outside of the box with a CAM?
  • I SiR MartY I

When it didn't count in the first game did you definitely score from outside of the box with a CAM?

Yeah, with Dybala, his position is CAM, but the guy I was playing did quit early so its possible that bugged it

But it worked at least, I was spinning out thinking its bugged, need the packs for Ronaldo
  • Selgarr
    1525 posts Play-Off Hero

Yeah, with Dybala, his position is CAM, but the guy I was playing did quit early so its possible that bugged it

But it worked at least, I was spinning out thinking its bugged, need the packs for Ronaldo

Dybala's default position is a CF?
  • I SiR MartY I
    edited September 5

I converted him to a CAM

edit: altho that could be why it didn't work
  • Selgarr
    1525 posts Play-Off Hero

I converted him to a CAM

Yeah I think it goes by what the default position is.

For example, if an objective says something like "score a volley with a CAM", then for it to work you have to score with a player whose default card is a CAM.

So it would work with players like TOTS 94 Thomas Muller or TOTS 92 Nabil Fekir because they were released as a CAM.

However, if for example, you took a FOF Summer Stars 97 Luka Modric, whose default position is a CM, and had put a CAM card on him, then it would not work.

Well at least I think that's how it works but I could be wrong :lol:

• McFandan
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Default positions shouldn’t matter.
    For a few challenges like this I’ve switched LW/RW to LM/RM and vice versa
  • All4fun1991
    2641 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes is one of those stupid requirements that nobody understands..just make sure you have enough midfielders in your starting lineup.
  • xBarlow81x
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I played 4-5-1 using a CAM as a striker before kickoff, subbing on a striker early into the game after finding my opponent to be a sweaty try hard who had no intention of trading for objectives.
  • JustyX
    553 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 6
    This mode seems to bring out the very worst players.

Full on sweat mode.
  • All4fun1991
    2641 posts Fans' Favourite
    For some reason non of my matches counted. Will leave it until it’s sorted.
  • JustyX
    Mine just worked with the midfield thing.
  • Kouli06
    2297 posts Fans' Favourite
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/604901/positional-play-midfield-mavericks#latest

This is what worked for me.
    Seems to be a bit of struggle with this one.
    Also It doesn’t matter what the mode changes the card to. I was using CDMs at CB
  • xBarlow81x
    For some reason non of my matches counted. Will leave it until it’s sorted.

It's not broken you just have to pick a starting 11 with 6 Midfielders.

If you play a 4-5-1 for example just put 5 Midfielders in their normal positions then add a 6th Midfield Player wherever you want, put the 6th Midfielder player in goal if you really want to it does not matter, you can always sub off the 6th midfielder once the game has started.
  • Amargaladaster26
    10718 posts Has That Special Something

I converted him to a CAM

Yeah I think it goes by what the default position is.

For example, if an objective says something like "score a volley with a CAM", then for it to work you have to score with a player whose default card is a CAM.

So it would work with players like TOTS 94 Thomas Muller or TOTS 92 Nabil Fekir because they were released as a CAM.

However, if for example, you took a FOF Summer Stars 97 Luka Modric, whose default position is a CM, and had put a CAM card on him, then it would not work.

Well at least I think that's how it works but I could be wrong :lol:

That's wrong. The position on the card is the only thing that matter in those objectives, all year long. You can put Witsel as ST if you need a goal with ST and it would count.
  • sparky692005
    594 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I put on 6 midfielders, one being a CAM and one being a RM.
    apart from trying the let other person score first to try and get it all done in one game, everybody I got seemed to think it was the WL. But I got mine done in 2 games.
    The hardest was getting the rm pass to a st to score. These defences are so strong now. It crazy
  • xBarlow81x
    For the RM to ST assist you could set your RM has corner taker and free kick taker to try and get the assist from a set piece, maybe a throw in assist would also count but I cant remember ever scoring directly after a throw in.
  • McFandan
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I just put 10 midfielders in the starting lineup so every assist was by a midfielder.
    Subbed on an ST at the end for the RM/ST thing.
    It was wild though how sweaty it was 🤣
    People hacking me down through on goal then standing on the goal line etc. Some strange people playing this today
  • abhreebhu_45
    8201 posts League Winner
    It's a bloody sweat fest,,,ppl on constant press from kick off
  • Flushdraw
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    apart from trying the let other person score first to try and get it all done in one game, everybody I got seemed to think it was the WL. But I got mine done in 2 games.
    The hardest was getting the rm pass to a st to score. These defences are so strong now. It crazy

You don't have to do this. Your RM can assist anyone, and the ST can score at any stage. It doesn't have to be RM > ST > goal

• broxigaz
    621 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Trying to to do the outside of the box goal, people are bringing their best loan players playing and celebrating as if its wl, on a side note scored a worldy from about 25 yards with acuna then realised I never changed his position from cm to cam🤣
  • JustyX
    broxigaz wrote: »
    Trying to to do the outside of the box goal, people are bringing their best loan players playing and celebrating as if its wl, on a side note scored a worldy from about 25 yards with acuna then realised I never changed his position from cm to cam🤣

Ah man I had similar! I forgot to change a LW to LM and thought it was all done and dusted!
  • JustyX
    Flushdraw wrote: »

You don't have to do this. Your RM can assist anyone, and the ST can score at any stage. It doesn't have to be RM > ST > goal

This - you made it extra hard for yourself!

• abhreebhu_45
    8201 posts League Winner
    Woh,,,,needed a special fineese from loanee maradona for outside box,,than a really good chap(rubber bander) for through assists n fineeses

Played 7 midfielders just in case
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    Seems that many people were struggling with this. I went 352 with 6 midfielders in squad and made sure that I use actual CAM at CAM. Worked in 1st game. I was fortunate to match up with someone who just wanted to exchange goals and do through ball assists.
  • abhreebhu_45
    8201 posts League Winner
    greif44 wrote: »
    Seems that many people were struggling with this. I went 352 with 6 midfielders in squad and made sure that I use actual CAM at CAM. Worked in 1st game. I was fortunate to match up with someone who just wanted to exchange goals and do through ball assists.

U can use any system,,,all u need is for your card to b a midfielder/cam(for outside box)