The most underwhelming card in FUT history

mox08
817 posts Semi-Pro
FInally got my man. R9. What a treat!

Waited all of the 2 days as there was a rumored 90 x 10 SBC out. Boy oh boy, I thought this was gonna be it!

-Sold my TOTS CR7 to bring up my coin total to 2M
-Grinded the 10 x 87 packs every day. By grind I mean getting gold commons, bidding on 80s-82s gold rares to get the min spend. Using them to craft the 87 x10 low rated squads and absolutely squeezing out every single value of my coin. almost getting a 3 to 1 ratio value
-Spamming the common golds, doing the recently released 82-88 SBCs. Using those cards again in the 87 x10 SBC.
-Waited for WL to be over and for the 90 X 10 to be released. Got dissappointed as the value for that pack is absolute dog poo
-Went back to crafting the 87 X 10s again for the whole of Sunday night.

This evening I finally used R9 for 2 Div (4) games. TWO.

He replaced R10 for me as a solo striker. Boy oh boy, Gasmeplay wasnt really sluggish.

I think when people see this card they go super try hard mode lol. I had a grand otal of zero goals and zero assists. Not only that, he did not feel any different to the other Futties cards. At least for R10 I think he had better work rates/ acceleration.

Still early days but any thoughts? Am I using this card wrongly? Is it all in my head?

Let me know if you have any tips coz I am like 1 div rival game away from deleting my club lol

Comments

• Sctt78
    938 posts Semi-Pro
    He has been released way too late. I’m sticking with him just because it’s Ronaldo but in my opinion most of the SS and futties cards are better than him. The list of players I’ve found better than both him and Ronaldinho are as follows:
    Ss Neymar
    Ss CR7
    Ss Sterling
    Ss Di Maria
    Futties Messi
    Futties Dybala
    Futties Atal
  • abhreebhu_45
    12682 posts Has That Special Something
    I might hv done him just for nostalgia,,but that 27 segments put me off

I did gullit,eusebio n Vieira n they made me wiser not to spend hours on another big sbc(it literally gave me a fatigue,despite them being so good)
  • starfox1284
    3611 posts National Call-Up
    unfortunately......I believe you are right. Same thing with Pele for me, just better cards than him (R10 is amazing though).
  • YidArmy
    2425 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is the whole trap of the mode mate...

Ronaldo only costs so much because EA decide to make him so rare and because he's an Icon that many people consider as one of the best strikers of all time.

The reality is, he's not going to significantly improve your FUT rankings / success any more than than another other double 5* attacker with similar stats.
  • mox08
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    Note to self, I will never do a single ICON SBC in future lol

-Gullit/ Vieira . Override by Futties Renato /Verratti / Atal

-R9/R10 - Basically any Futties attacker over takes it

Wow this has been Extremely. EXTREMELY underwhelming Fifa campaign for me lol

• starfox1284
    3611 posts National Call-Up
    mox08 wrote: »

Seems to be the route that the game is taking, icons are all irrelevant by June.
  • CheeseSlice
    2002 posts Fans' Favourite

I agree ..underwhelming is an understatement…its like ea dont want us to have eff all this year

• nextqprmanager
    3642 posts National Call-Up
    Sad state of the game.
  • Mdm
    5120 posts Big Money Move

Atleast your honest. And don't pretend he the best ever just because you did him

Dybala was also a great card for not that much and better than most

• mox08
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    Mdm wrote: »

Atleast your honest. And don't pretend he the best ever just because you did him

Dybala was also a great card for not that much and better than most

I can understand when ppl do that.

Can u imagine submitting 270 plus players for one guy that is bested by a free futtie? Atal?

Even more so like those who mentioned dybala messi , sbcs which were much much better value.

EA GOTTA remove icons. Its false allure.

I can say that at least r10 felt different. not better, different. Which is something i ask for.

R9 did not feel any better than a generic futtie card.
  • Mdm
    They should create icon promo week and release them like toty.

Just after maybe

Not at this stage

Totally not worth it. They Just trying to justify what they said about making icons accessible to all.

The slimey fooks
  • Tynianoff
    200 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2021
    I was so disappointed with SBC PIM Gullit at start. I really thought that he's far behind power curve and much worse than many of this green and blue cards. But after I understand how to use him properly (100+ games) he stands absolutely irreplaceable for me and dominate on the pitch. No one can compares with him. But maybe it's just because I'm an average Gold 1 player and not a big skiller.
  • Mdm
    Tynianoff wrote: »
    I was so disappointed with SBC PIM Gullit at start. I really thought that he's far behind power curve and much worse than many of this green and blue cards. But after I understand how to use him properly (100+ games) he stands absolutely irreplaceable for me and dominate on the pitch. No one can compares with him. But maybe it's just because I'm an average Gold 1 player and not a big skiller.

Gold 1 is not average

And yes he has grown on me also

But still not as good as renato, acuna . He is in a midfield 3 and set to get forward. Yes he is better than first thought . But still should have been released to us around tots or before
  • Archangel814
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Gullit scores goals which renato and acuna would not for me at least.
  • D0lvl
    4766 posts Big Money Move
    In the future, they’ll release another version of icons. Another +1-3 to compete with the late supercharged promo cards.

Base>Mid>Prime>Prime Icon Moments>Ultimate Icons (rated 99’s, 5/5 upgrades).
  • mox08
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    NOT. ANY.MORE. VERSIONS. OF . ICONS PLS

Just more reasons to milk us from EA.
    D0lvl wrote: »
    In the future, they’ll release another version of icons. Another +1-3 to compete with the late supercharged promo cards.

Base>Mid>Prime>Prime Icon Moments>Ultimate Icons (rated 99’s, 5/5 upgrades).

• Mdm

He can't turn or run like them though
  • Archangel814

He can't turn or run like them though

Thats why play them together >:)
  • filipina
    162 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I don't agree, Vieira, Gullit and R9 are in my end game team. And I have 99 CR7 and 99 Neymar and other top cards.
    I think these icons are stars of my team.

Maybe R9 is still underwhelming sometimes, but so is CR7 and Neymar and other cards.
    Gullit is for me the best midfielder in the game. Vieira is the best defensive card in the game.
    R9 is the best striker for me, he is on par with Neymar and CR7, but he is unique, kind of big and at the same time quite agile and very fast. Amazing shoot too with 5* wf. Neymar has better movement but is smaller. CR7 is bigger and stronger, but doesn't have that 5* wf. Some people say he feels like 5* wf but it's not the same imo.
  • Tynianoff

Gold 1 is not average

But still not as good as renato, acuna . He is in a midfield 3 and set to get forward. Yes he is better than first thought . But still should have been released to us around tots or before

When I play at ELO 12+ I feel like I'm a much much worse than average. Maybe it's too hard because of my 45-60 ping connect..I just don't know as I never played with better connection.

I use him in a midfield 3 too but with stay back and aggressive tackles instructions..he's still good in attack due to workrates/AI and a monster at jockeying defence..he's different than Renato and Acuna but he'll win (mostly at defence) close high ELO games for you.
  • Archangel814

Gold 1 is not average

When I play at ELO 12+ I feel like I'm a much much worse than average. Maybe it's too hard because of my 45-60 ping connect..I just don't know as I never played with better connection.

I use him in a midfield 3 too but with stay back and aggressive tackles instructions..he's still good in attack due to workrates/AI and a monster at jockeying defence..he's different than Renato and Acuna but he'll win (mostly at defence) close high ELO games for you.

Was wondering to use Gullit as CB (similar to vieira). What do you think ?
  • Bags
    2044 posts Fans' Favourite
    i did his prime sbc in fifa 19. pretty much cleared my club and he was awful. Won't make that mistake again
  • Nodge86
    5676 posts Big Money Move

You absolutely do not do icon SBC’s for performance. EA will never again release an icon SBC at a time in the game cycle or at an appropriate SBC cost to make this possible. You do icon SBC’s to use the icon. End.
  • Tynianoff

Gold 1 is not average

Was wondering to use Gullit as CB (similar to vieira). What do you think ?

Vieira is a GOD at CB..i tried Gullit here (first 50-100 games I hate him but keep try to understand how to use him properly). He's good but not a Vieira level and feels wasted here. I found Ramos EOE/TOTS Varane/FOF Militao better as pair to Vieira. Gullit is a CM/CDM. He has really good pass/shot/attacking AI..don't try to dribble with him like Acuna/Renato..but the main thing is his body and physical. He bullies everyone like no other. Just use jockey and don't even try to press tackle button. I really miss high workrate to defence with him and usually use manual switch to controll him as early as I can after ball lose..

P.S. Sorry for my bad English. It's not my native language and I'm too lazy to use Google translater..