New Leagues for 22?

L4r14m
798 posts Semi-Pro
Tried to google whether there'd be some good info about the new leagues that we might be getting in FIFA 22. Turns out the "info" available seems incredibly unreliable and silly. Like, many sites seem to be stating that the Polish 5th division will be in the game. Yeah, very likely, that one.

Can we make any well educated guesses? Is there any reliable info about this?

Some sources that seem to be a little more guarded about what they're saying suggest that the Indian league would be very likely to be in the game.

I've also seen mentions of a trailer that would have shown three different National League (English 5th tier) stadiums. But, on the other hand, some are saying that it would've been confirmed that National League is not in the game. (Would be very cool to have it - lots of players in the upper divisions are there on loan, for instance. It'd also add relegation to EFL 2, some more cool-factor to the FA Cup, and so on. And of course there are bound to be many great teams, dear to many folks, there. Which, naturally, applies to any league, really.)

But do we know about any of this stuff? Which new leagues (if any) are we likely to see?

Comments

• Stugg93
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The 4 leagues that were added to the code in June (Hungary, Colombia, Cyprus and English 5th tier) probably mean at least 1 team from each league in rest of the world, but it could also mean a new league.

The other new additions that have been rumoured are Brazil being back.

I think it’s more likely we will see a lot of new rest of the world teams and not so many extra leagues but we should know in 2 or 3 weeks time.
  • L4r14m
    798 posts Semi-Pro
    Stugg93 wrote: »
    The 4 leagues that were added to the code in June (Hungary, Colombia, Cyprus and English 5th tier) probably mean at least 1 team from each league in rest of the world, but it could also mean a new league.

I think it’s more likely we will see a lot of new rest of the world teams and not so many extra leagues but we should know in 2 or 3 weeks time.

Thanks. This makes sense. I suppose that the addition of the Conference League, for instance, means addition of teams to the RotW category. Hungary and Cyprus, for instance, might fit the bill. And perhaps there are South American competitions regarding which, similarly, addition of some team(s) from Colombia, say, would be desirable. There wouldn't be similar motivation, I take it, for adding teams from the English 5th tier. But perhaps this is just wishful thinking on my part. Of course any new leagues would be cool. Brazil with real players would be very sweet.

Anyway, thanks again. Looking forward to seeing some announcements on this front.
  • Stugg93
    L4r14m wrote: »

Thanks. This makes sense. I suppose that the addition of the Conference League, for instance, means addition of teams to the RotW category. Hungary and Cyprus, for instance, might fit the bill. And perhaps there are South American competitions regarding which, similarly, addition of some team(s) from Colombia, say, would be desirable. There wouldn't be similar motivation, I take it, for adding teams from the English 5th tier. But perhaps this is just wishful thinking on my part. Of course any new leagues would be cool. Brazil with real players would be very sweet.

Anyway, thanks again. Looking forward to seeing some announcements on this front.

No worries, I forgot to mention there were rumours of Serie B coming back too.

Yeah, I think you’re correct regarding conference league. I think we’re very likely to get Ferencvaros of Hungary, APOEL and Omonia of Cyprus and Wrexham of National League and everything else is debatable to varying degrees.
  • L4r14m
    798 posts Semi-Pro
    Serie B certainly should be in the game.
  • uwfsam2000
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    When will they probably release the all leagues list?
  • henryclay1844
    1072 posts Professional
    Those "new leagues in the code" refer only to single teams added. FUT always lists single teams with their representative country so it has league for Greece, Croatia, Czech Republic, Ukraine, ect. even though those are only teams in rest of world. There are zero leagues announced, although there may be a couple old ones coming back. You'll know for sure soon.
  • TheSupernatural
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Indian Super League and licensed Brazilian Serie A (though with mostly generic players) are probably the only new ones coming to 22. I'd expect the official announcement the 2nd or 3rd week of September
  • Peanut2000
    976 posts Professional
    No England tier 5 is there?
  • TheSupernatural
    Maybe in the future but I think it's confirmed that it won't be included this year
  • L4r14m
    798 posts Semi-Pro
    Maybe in the future but I think it's confirmed that it won't be included this year

It's a bit curious why they'd include National League teams without the league itself. There'd seem to be no point in adding some teams separately. They're not going to be in the European competitions, for instance. Well, they could add flavor in the FA Cup if they'd be involved there. In principle, I suppose one could arrange for a system where a couple of League 2 teams would be relegated each season, and a couple of National League teams from the Rest of the World category would be "promoted", but I suspect this would not be feasible in practice (too complicated). (Well, with Wrexham, the new owners seem to have some big plans, and perhaps this would be one venue for promoting the team, who knows. I have no idea whether any relevant sorts of deals involving FIFA/EA would be in the cards - just a random tought!). But perhaps the plan is, indeed, to add the league at some point in the not too distant future.

Also: there's the rumour about some of the Natioanal League grounds having been shown in a trailer, but I have no idea what that was all about.

Anyway, despite all that, I, too, am skeptical that we'd see the National League in FIFA 22, at least from the start. Hopefully some day in the future.
  • L4r14m
    798 posts Semi-Pro

It's a bit curious why they'd include National League teams without the league itself. There'd seem to be no point in adding some teams separately. They're not going to be in the European competitions, for instance. Well, they could add flavor in the FA Cup if they'd be involved there. In principle, I suppose one could arrange for a system where a couple of League 2 teams would be relegated each season, and a couple of National League teams from the Rest of the World category would be "promoted", but I suspect this would not be feasible in practice (too complicated). (Well, with Wrexham, the new owners seem to have some big plans, and perhaps this would be one venue for promoting the team, who knows. I have no idea whether any relevant sorts of deals involving FIFA/EA would be in the cards - just a random tought!). But perhaps the plan is, indeed, to add the league at some point in the not too distant future.

Also: there's the rumour about some of the Natioanal League grounds having been shown in a trailer, but I have no idea what that was all about.

Anyway, despite all that, I, too, am skeptical that we'd see the National League in FIFA 22, at least from the start. Hopefully some day in the future.

Actually, there are a ton of other teams listed that also wouldn't make sense for instance European competitions -wise. Like the Polish 5th tier team or whatever. So I guess that whatever reasons apply to such teams appearing in the code may also apply to the English 5th tier teams appearing in the code.
  • L4r14m
    798 posts Semi-Pro
    Also: about the grounds showing in some trailer. There must be some other explanation for this than the relevant stadiums being included in the game (they certainly won't be). So I guess all in all there's no evidence whatsoever that National League would be coming even in the future.
  • TheSupernatural
    Unless they wanted to do another story mode of some sort, I don't see a reason for them to include it. Other first division leagues might bring in new audiences but giving England a 5th division probably won't bring many new people to the game. It's fun for RTG careers but not much else.
  • bristolbob
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Unless they wanted to do another story mode of some sort, I don't see a reason for them to include it. Other first division leagues might bring in new audiences but giving England a 5th division probably won't bring many new people to the game. It's fun for RTG careers but not much else.

An RTG is surely where the fun in carreer mode is. Id rather fewer fleshed out leagues, than lots of countries having just the one. Whats the fun in playing the same 10/12/16 teams every season. Lets have the top 3 divs in the major leagues and not just half heartily add (for instance) Perus top league with its almost non existent transfer logic
  • Stugg93
    Also: about the grounds showing in some trailer. There must be some other explanation for this than the relevant stadiums being included in the game (they certainly won't be). So I guess all in all there's no evidence whatsoever that National League would be coming even in the future.

When all the clubs were added including Polish 5th tier, the only league codes that were added to the game was Colombian, Cypriot, Hungarian and English 5th tier. This suggests to me that these leagues are more likely to have at least one club in FIFA 22. These league codes exist for ROTW teams though so it could be just one club (I.e Wrexham) or a few clubs (most likely Grimsby, Southend, Wrexham, Stockport, Notts County) will be added.

Alternatively we could see none added even though they’re in the coding like Osasunas El Sadar stadium. I’m sure we will find out in the next 10 days or so.
  • TheSupernatural
    I just wish they'd get the Russian league back. They got great stadiums too
  • Stugg93
    Agreed, the Russian league is ripe for treatment if EA wanted to do so. 8 of 16 in RPL (plus national stadium stadium as well) had stadiums in World Cup so EA have already scanned a lot of the stadiums.
  • L4r14m
    798 posts Semi-Pro

When all the clubs were added including Polish 5th tier, the only league codes that were added to the game was Colombian, Cypriot, Hungarian and English 5th tier. This suggests to me that these leagues are more likely to have at least one club in FIFA 22. These league codes exist for ROTW teams though so it could be just one club (I.e Wrexham) or a few clubs (most likely Grimsby, Southend, Wrexham, Stockport, Notts County) will be added.

Alternatively we could see none added even though they’re in the coding like Osasunas El Sadar stadium. I’m sure we will find out in the next 10 days or so.

Interesting. If they do add some National League clubs, I’d be hopeful they’d be adding the league at some point. But yeah a big if there. We’ll see.
  • Spanky87
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2021
    The Brazilian League (fully licensed), Serie B, Canadian Premier League, Welsh League, Iran League, Russian league and all the un-licensed teams need to be in the game.
  • Everyone has their preferences and some are weirder than others, but if you want to be a bit objective and just request the best leagues that are missing then we should first of all look at Brazil, Russia, Ukraine, Greece, Czechia, and Serie B.
  • Stugg93
    Russia is up for grabs next year. Come on EA, put an offer in that the RPL cannot refuse