Why are some of you trying/pausing for GG in 'Bring your Best'?

D0lvl
4666 posts Big Money Move
LOL. This community sometimes....

Comments

• Fifapayne
    5135 posts Big Money Move
    Weird to assume that the “some” is people on this forum.
  • john_d_efc
    1991 posts Fans' Favourite
    Honestly, if I have to do it I'll score a goal from a cross and put my pad down 😂
  • oneskyworld
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 2021
    Lol, seriously? If you chose to play that mode, then try to have some fun.
    And there is seriously no point to play for the pack now. Almost anything packed will not going into my main team.
  • D0lvl
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Weird to assume that the “some” is people on this forum.

This was not addressed to anyone here on the forums but the playerbase ingeneral.
  • Orison
    69192 posts Icon
    edited August 2021
    Why are you not playing GG in August is the question :trollface:

5 GG games go by much quicker than scoring 1 goal, but then losing 10-1 in the process.
  • Dutch3723
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    I haven't... but people are doing it becuase it gets it done quickly. I did all objectives (fair play all my oppos quit at GG) within about 5 mins. If any one of them (or me which I'd be happy to do) played a full game it would have taken longer. Suspect most people still left on at this point want to do WL as well. Probably as simple as that.
  • Wegonaget
    490 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Did all obj in 5 mins high pressure with no fatigue rocks
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    Had someone message "golden goal" at the start. He doesn't leave even when I'm 4-0 up at HT, he eventually nabs a goal on the break after around 60 minutes and does the macarena then rubberbands.

The absolute state of some of the people who play this game...

And when it got to about 80 minutes as we were both banding he disconnected, must have been timed out so he got nothing. Can't even rubberband properly :D
  • D0lvl
    Some of you don't want to just play the game?

Oh right, I have to get back to my 15 game WL binge on my 3rd RTG club or on my way to post my 100th post of the day to be still on pace for 100000 posts before the end of fifa 21.

• Orison
    69192 posts Icon
    edited August 2021
    D0lvl wrote: »

Oh right, I have to get back to my 15 game WL binge on my 3rd RTG club or on my way to post my 100th post of the day to be still on pace for 100000 posts before the end of fifa 21.

Get the objective done quickly and then play meaningful gamemodes?

If you had 1 hour to play you could do the objectives while doing GG and play ~2-3 WL games or you could play 3 games of this and get absolutely nothing done.
  • D0lvl
    Orison wrote: »

If you had 1 hour to play you could do the objectives while doing GG and play ~2-3 WL games or you could play 3 games of this and get absolutely nothing done.

'meaningful' is subjective.

I hope you taking time to reply didn't take time away from your WL unless you already finished your 1st squad's 30 games and on your way to start WL with the squad you play blindfolded with.

• MurkingFools
    1787 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 2021
    LOL. This community sometimes....

Always someone gotta tell everyone else, how we should only play the way they want us to
  • DaveMadMan
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    Why are you not playing GG in August is the question :trollface:

5 GG games go by much quicker than scoring 1 goal, but then losing 10-1 in the process.

People can play and enjoy whatever they want to.

What's up with people thinking their opinion is a law everyone must follow....

If people wanna play 100 full friendly matches then let it be....

On the other hand OP, if people pause, let them do it, don't let it bother you, just keep on playing and if they don't want to, they can quit.

Everyone can be happy by ignoring other people's choices...
  • Orison
    69192 posts Icon

I hope you taking time to reply didn't take time away from your WL unless you already finished your 1st squad's 30 games and on your way to start WL with the squad you play blindfolded with.

I actually haven't played Fifa in 3 weeks ;)

But just use some logic and get more stuff done in the time you've got. Can still enjoy all that precious game time against someone rubber banding in WL in August.

You can't even name a reason as to why you shouldn't do GG. Get the objectives out of the way and then play some other modes. Easy.
  • Toon army Mark
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What’s requirements In this mode
  • D0lvl

But just use some logic and get more stuff done in the time you've got. Can still enjoy all that precious game time against someone rubber banding in WL in August.

You can't even name a reason as to why you shouldn't do GG. Get the objectives out of the way and then play some other modes. Easy.

You can't even explain why someone would have 65k posts in a forum. LOL.

How ironic you telling people they are spending their time wrong in the game when you are spending your whole life in these forums.

You no life fifa basically. If you aren't playing WL you are here posting how meta you are and that's like 100x within an hour.

Oh tell me Orison, how should I spend my time more meta in fifa?

What are you going to tell me next, how to scroll through the menus to cut down on .000005 secs so I can play more WL?

When you weren't playing fifa 21 you were probably no lifing fifa 22 beta.

• JustyX
    553 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I was catching up on sky recordings so scored a goal and then just left it to play out. Rubbish pack anyway lol

• greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    No one paused for me, but two of the opponents couldn't score a single goal in game. I thought I'd be nice and let them score by spamming offside trap and moving my GK so at least they don't waste the effort. Well, both morons celebrated.
  • Orison
    69192 posts Icon

How ironic you telling people they are spending their time wrong in the game when you are spending your whole life in these forums.

You no life fifa basically. If you aren't playing WL you are here posting how meta you are and that's like 100x within an hour.

What are you going to tell me next, how to scroll through the menus to cut down on .000005 secs so I can play more WL?

You are quite a weird character that's for damn sure.

But that's expected from someone who doesn't play GG and refuses to respond in a somewhat mature way.

We both know there isn't an argument to be made for not playing gg and so you desperately try to move away from the topic and towards personal attacks every single time.

It's kinda funny, but also not really at the same time.
  • Kouli06
    2601 posts Fans' Favourite
    To be fair I usually HATE golden goal with a passion as most objectives require you to do specific things that can’t just resolved with a single goal then quit.

However.
    Score form a cross in 1
    Score in 3
    And play 4
    Was done in 15 mins doing GG for this one.
  • D0lvl

But that's expected from someone who doesn't play GG and refuses to respond in a somewhat mature way.

We both know there isn't an argument to be made for not playing gg and so you desperately try to move away from the topic and towards personal attacks every single time.

There you go with assumptions. I love GG actually when it requires so many games to win. I played the hell out of friendlies for that 200 wins milestone and I’m going to play GG in icon swaps for sure.

This objective though, I thought it would just be an opportunity to play some games with the Ultimate Team because you know Max Chemistry and try out these loan cards that are out of reach for most of the players....but no, instead of potentially enjoying this mode, there's these tryhard fifa players that just want instant gratification so they can move to the next game mode/objective and when that's finished; they complain that there's nothing to do in the game anymore and declares "Fifa 21 is dead".

Also don't try to be cool. "I haven't played fifa 21 in weeks". LOL. We know you went over to fifa 22 beta.

You are the gawd Fifa himself. You were looking for the next broken mechanic in the game so you can practice it. I know you will practice the hell out of it till it becomes second nature so come October you can tell folks here that they should've know about this broken mechanic since it's been in beta and "git gud". Then you smile behind the keyboard and pat yourself on the back.

You should really look at the mirror with your last line:

"It's kinda funny, but also not really at the same time."

That sums up your life (real life and your fifa life).

• Actually haven't played the beta in weeks either ;)
  • D0lvl
    Actually haven't played the beta in weeks either ;)

That's great! I'm always for those trying to curb their fifa addiction. Addict myself and always looking to a degree of control perhaps inspiration from others.

Look, there can be disagreements on the forums and that's normal. For the sake of mental health, I'll try to maintain positive.

Let's just try to enjoy the game (no matter how your approach it). Apologies also for anything personal to you.

Mods please close the thread.

Ending it with positivity.

• JustyX
    Not done GG for entire Fifa 21. I’m not really sure why people expect me to justify that lol
  • Andyh60
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    I thought this was reward for fifa 22 but guess not.
  • NeapolitanPowerUS
    410 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Because nobody wants to play friendlies for 2 or 3 hours, why aren't you is the better question. I believe over 90% of the community has embraced golden goal, there is no toxicity, no arrogance just golden goal. You are here complaining about it though...don't blame the community
  • NeapolitanPowerUS
    410 posts An Exciting Prospect

There you go with assumptions. I love GG actually when it requires so many games to win. I played the hell out of friendlies for that 200 wins milestone and I’m going to play GG in icon swaps for sure.

This objective though, I thought it would just be an opportunity to play some games with the Ultimate Team because you know Max Chemistry and try out these loan cards that are out of reach for most of the players....but no, instead of potentially enjoying this mode, there's these tryhard fifa players that just want instant gratification so they can move to the next game mode/objective and when that's finished; they complain that there's nothing to do in the game anymore and declares "Fifa 21 is dead".

Also don't try to be cool. "I haven't played fifa 21 in weeks". LOL. We know you went over to fifa 22 beta.

You are the gawd Fifa himself. You were looking for the next broken mechanic in the game so you can practice it. I know you will practice the hell out of it till it becomes second nature so come October you can tell folks here that they should've know about this broken mechanic since it's been in beta and "git gud". Then you smile behind the keyboard and pat yourself on the back.

You should really look at the mirror with your last line:

"It's kinda funny, but also not really at the same time."

That sums up your life (real life and your fifa life).

So what you are saying golden goal is awesome when you think it is good...do you actually hear yourself man? If you think gg is great if someone asks for it just give it and when someone doesn't don't ...no?
  • JustyX
    edited August 2021
    Guess I’m in the 10% club. But who cares? People just seem moan about things too much.

I don’t have any other game modes to play so why not enjoy some friendlies?
  • Illini McG
    1069 posts Professional
    Threads and opinions like those in this thread make squad battles enjoyable.