People who have continued using the "old" fifas

DaveMadMan
299 posts Sunday League Hero
edited August 2021
People who usually keep using the old fifa and don't buy the new one, I hope you can help me out....

what do you play the most? rivals? squad battles?

is it any fun to play? is there still a weekend league?

I am seriously considering to wait until December to buy fifa 22, so I am genuinely interested in what it's like to stay on the "old" fifa

Comments

• KurzBobby
    232 posts Sunday League Hero
    I stayed with Fifa 20 until just a few weeks ago and there was never an issue finding a game. Rivals and SB all fine, Friendlies were just usually loan icon teams and still fun but take longer to match outside of the evenings and weekends. No weekend league.

One benefit is that as theres no objectives tk grind for there's less toxicity so it's less pressured and more fun tbh.

Only moved when Fifa 21 went free in EA play and opened the preview packs daily until getting something decent.

Decent community in Reddit too.
  • DaveMadMan
    KurzBobby wrote: »
    I stayed with Fifa 20 until just a few weeks ago and there was never an issue finding a game. Rivals and SB all fine, Friendlies were just usually loan icon teams and still fun but take longer to match outside of the evenings and weekends. No weekend league.

One benefit is that as theres no objectives tk grind for there's less toxicity so it's less pressured and more fun tbh.

Only moved when Fifa 21 went free in EA play and opened the preview packs daily until getting something decent.

Thanks a lot man, and how about matchmaking in Rivals?

Do you think I would have to drop a few divisions to find a match easily? I am in division 1 and it is already hard to find a match on certain days..

So it seems like it is just what I would like, being able to play a few online matches and chill...

@KurzBobby
  • Mogga
    3286 posts National Call-Up
    DaveMadMan wrote: »

Thanks a lot man, and how about matchmaking in Rivals?

Do you think I would have to drop a few divisions to find a match easily? I am in division 1 and it is already hard to find a match on certain days..

So it seems like it is just what I would like, being able to play a few online matches and chill...

@KurzBobby

I stayed on 20 til march and agree rivals games were easy to find. Think I was mid leagues though, maybe 4 or something. You just end up matched with players more points apart. Tbf I didn't continue playing that much, usually rank 3 as it's only gold players in packs anyway.

My tip is buy any specials now and make a few teams . I had loads which I'd rotate around to freshen stuff up. You probs won't be able to get them, certainly not at today's prices after friday
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    I'm at the crossroads here.
    I'll get 22 with my EA Play Pro subscription, even will have early access and everything that comes with Ultimate edition.
    On the other hand, it'll be the same engine with minimal gameplay changes for old gen / PC users and I have almost a 98-rated squad in 21 with Neymar, Messi, CR7, Mbappe and pretty much everyone else.

I guess I'll give it a try, but there's a chance that I won't be able to stand the grind all over again and stick with 21.
  • All4fun1991
    2989 posts National Call-Up
    I used to play a lot of Rivals on FIFA 20 not so much for the rewards but gameplay and less sweatfest..Sadly that’s when I actually enjoy the game…The problem will be finding a opponent sometimes…I think there will be a lot of players still using 21.
  • dabearz85
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This will be my last FUT, as I've played this game for a decade now and have finally had enough of the daily grind. Having the best versions of my favorite players (PIM Dinho, PIM Cruyff, PIM Gullit, PIM Zidane once I get all the swap tokens, PSG Messi, TOTS Son, etc.) to take into FUT retirement makes it an easy choice. I used to occasionally play FUT 18 because it was my only way to use Prime Dinho, Prime Gullit, TOTS Messi, etc. but now I won't have to do that anymore.

I'll also be relieved to not have to play any more online games against this toxic community, I'm just planning to play Squad Battles occasionally when I feel like having a game. I've done the same thing with NBA 2K20, it'll be nice to just occasionally play when I feel like it instead of constantly having objective cards to grind for or always having an SBC card to think about doing or not doing.
  • DaveMadMan
    thanks everyone for your input, it really does seem like the game gets fun, I really wish they kept the weekend league and special cards in rewards, but I guess that would make more people want to stay and not move on to fifa 22
  • WallStreetGamer
    317 posts Sunday League Hero

Wow! I am soooo tired of the grind. Can’t stand the thought of starting over. The objectives surely is the root of all the toxicity. Major flaw in the construction of the game imo.