RIP celebration Lovers&Trolls

DaveMadMan
299 posts Sunday League Hero
edited August 2021
Would you still celebrate if your opponent couldn't see your celebrations?

Imagine your opponent had the option to choose between watching celebrations or watching a notification that mentioned which objectives you could complete in that match.....would you still celebrate?

Edit:

it is now official. you don't have to watch your opponent celebrate anymore. RIP to players who celebrated just to troll....

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-22/news/pitch-notes-fifa-22-ultimate-team-deep-dive#gameplay-settings

thanks @tommyk11 for pointing that out
Post edited by DaveMadMan on

Comments

• CeeQue
    14864 posts Has That Special Something
    DaveMadMan wrote: »

Imagine your opponent had the option to choose between watching celebrations or watching a notification that mentioned which objectives you could complete in that match.....would you still celebrate?

Isn't that R1 + L1 is for? I personally skip replays unless my opponent is being a douche the whole game.
  • DaveMadMan
    CeeQue wrote: »

Isn't that R1 + L1 is for? I personally skip replays unless my opponent is being a douche the whole game.

I think you didn't understand.

If your opponent wants to celebrate he can do it, and you have to watch it (unless you look away)

But imagine if people could choose between watching celebrations or another screen, do you think people would still celebrate while knowing they are the only one watching it?
  • CeeQue
    14864 posts Has That Special Something
    CeeQue wrote: »

I think you didn't understand.

If your opponent wants to celebrate he can do it, and you have to watch it (unless you look away)

But imagine if people could choose between watching celebrations or another screen, do you think people would still celebrate while knowing they are the only one watching it?

Feels like that's too much work for EA to implement. It took them years to do the skip replays until it became toxic.
  • Mdm
    5120 posts Big Money Move
    How do you celebrate
  • DaveMadMan
    It is a genuine question, do you guys think people would actually celebrate if they knew their opponent wasn't even watching their celebration?
  • Boysie91
    15013 posts World Class
    It is a genuine question, do you guys think people would actually celebrate if they knew their opponent wasn't even watching their celebration?

They probably celebrate in squad battles as well so I would guess so.
  • KSYM72
    1102 posts Professional
    I doubt they would carry on celebrating if it was only the scorer that views it. The majority who celebrate do it purely to antagonise the opponent, and the others claim they use celebrations to get a drink/check phone but actually use it to antagonise.

I can't think of a single reason why anyone would be sad enough to celebrate a virtual goal.

• greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    No, they probably wouldn't unless they'd just want you to stare at whatever screen game shows and waste your time.

Honestly, I think that at this point 99% of people celebrate goals to trigger the opponent. Usually I'm a nice guy in FIFA, LB RB, don't play in toxic or abusive manner, but if it happens to me, I do my best to punish it.
  • DaveMadMan
    Boysie91 wrote: »

They probably celebrate in squad battles as well so I would guess so.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha that would be so strange, people celebrating in squad battles, they probably do the CR7 JUMP celebration at home too
  • tommyk11
    362 posts Sunday League Hero

this will be the case in fut22
    https://wccftech.com/fifa-22-finally-lets-players-switch-focus-away-from-opponent-celebrations/
  • Sujitsky123
    2568 posts Fans' Favourite
    If they are Morins, they will continue to celebrate. Simple.
  • DaveMadMan
    tommyk11 wrote: »

this will be the case in fut22
    https://wccftech.com/fifa-22-finally-lets-players-switch-focus-away-from-opponent-celebrations/

THIS IS GREAT!!

is it official now?
  • libertao
    1824 posts Play-Off Hero

Actually, I would probably celebrate more. The main reason I skip is for the opponent, but I prefer enjoying the brief moment after scoring, taking a sip of a drink, then continuing.

The opponents who might not are the group-dance-only celebrators.
  • PaulDr
    3408 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2021
    Yes, people would, I've put controller down before to do something else while a lag filled game plays out and you do still see them celebrating when it's obvious you're probably not watching anymore. The kind of people who celebrate own goals.
  • xJustaKiid
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I miss watching replays and I am happy to trade them for celibrations. I know you can watch them afterwards, but it's not the same.

• Bob_Bobson
    2921 posts Fans' Favourite
    How else will I take a sip of water? ;)
  • Captain_Emirate
    989 posts Professional
    edited August 2021
    I played Rival today, I skipped celebration and he celebrated in every goal. Imagine we both scored 5-5, I scored the winning goal in last min and then celebrated 😜. I don't mind celebration, but there is no point to do it in every goal while the other side skip it.
  • DaveMadMan
    I played Rival today, I skipped celebration and he celebrated in every goal. Imagine we both scored 5-5, I scored the winning goal in last min and then celebrated 😜. I don't mind celebration, but there is no point to do it in every goal while the other side skip it.

So honest question, I am not trying to criticize you, but why did you celebrate the last goal? for yourself? or for your opponent?

@Captain_Emirate

In Fifa 22, will you still celebrate like that knowing that your opponent won't be watching you celebrate?
  • The_giant616
    1625 posts Play-Off Hero

I think a lot less would. I don’t think Fifa would ever get rid of them though, they’ll claim it makes the experience less realistic.
  • Orison
    72987 posts Icon
    It still takes way longer than just skipping.

Having to watch your own players be disappointed after conceding for ages is probably as bad as just watching a celebration.

So yeah I don't think celebrations lose any of their "charme".
  • DaveMadMan
    Orison wrote: »
    It still takes way longer than just skipping.

Having to watch your own players be disappointed after conceding for ages is probably as bad as just watching a celebration.

So yeah I don't think celebrations lose any of their "charme".

It would be great if they started arguing and pushing each other.
  • RadioShaq
    19811 posts Moderator
    I think they had to change it but keep it long. If you ever watch a pro game they barely have time to collect themselves or take a sip of water.
  • TheMightyBee
    4042 posts National Call-Up
    If EA didn’t put ridiculously long and weird celebrations in the game it wouldn’t be an issue, there is literally no need for it.
  • WallStreetGamer
    317 posts Sunday League Hero
    It would be better if you could choose to watch the match statistics while the other player is prancing around showing what a bad sportsman he is. That would actually be helpful.

Maybe the squad screen so you could quickly make a substitution.
  • Swanz05
    6063 posts Big Money Move
    Shushing removed this year as a 'quality of life improvement' & now this. Better servers are what would improve my quality of life & not these gimmicky distractions.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    It's the fact that something wastes your time and disconnects you from the game. So if they do this with some stupid objective screen instead of just flipping back to kick off straight away it will be just as annoying.
  • PaulDr
    3408 posts National Call-Up
    Thank god for that, you sometimes get the impression they only play to taunt the opponent.