The Ligue 1 players that surprised you this weekend league?

Riggs006
1061 posts Professional
So I won't read too much into it as I only played 8 games with my Ligue 1 squad.

I played my first 14 games with a full silver team, 8 of those being Ligue 1 players and I went 7-7 so obviously games may have been slightly easier when I switched over to my Ligue 1 team with the top players.

Having said that I won the 8 games I played with it with some games being quite close, Renato Sanches was great but that was to be expected, FOF Yazici was quite good but TOTS Fonte for me was incredible! The guy was in the right place almost all the time making tackle after tackle and considering I was playing 4-2-4 I was sometimes short at the back, but even against the likes of TOTS Messi, Neymar etc, he bailed me out numerous times, felt more assured at the back with him than 96 Militao who is also great for me :D

Anybody impressed you this weekend, whether it be someone you are using or someone you played against?

Comments

• Zeke1216
    3180 posts National Call-Up
    Gerson is like a mbappe
  • D0lvl
    5016 posts Big Money Move
    Amavi was solid for me.
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    Tots de maria has been so good,,the decision to play him over Ben yedder was a real good one

Tots bamba is a superstar

Fs Camavinga is such a gr8 LCM

Tots clauss is amongst the best rb in game

Ft amavi is amongst the best LB in game
  • SuperJames9005
    3258 posts National Call-Up
    PTG Paredes is great in CB RB CDM and RCM. Decide to put him into my main squad.
  • Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional
    Zeke1216 wrote: »
    Gerson is like a mbappe

Didn't do his SBC unfortunately but his card does look ridiculous, kind of regret it now!
  • Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional
    D0lvl wrote: »
    Amavi was solid for me.

Amavi's card does look like one of the best LB's on the game, didn't end up doing him because he doesn't fit into my team but definitely a great option and easy to link!
  • Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional
    Tots de maria has been so good,,the decision to play him over Ben yedder was a real good one

I had Bamba and Clauss as well and they did great for me! What position did you play Di Maria?
  • Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional
    PTG Paredes is great in CB RB CDM and RCM. Decide to put him into my main squad.

I'm in the process of doing the Messi SBC and Paredes will be my RB once it's done so good to hear a positive review on him before hand!
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    Riggs006 wrote: »

I had Bamba and Clauss as well and they did great for me! What position did you play Di Maria?

LST,,with bamba as RST
  • Ruprecht
    997 posts Semi-Pro
    All the futties were brilliant (haven’t used Messi or Fabregas) but a special shout out to TOTS Navas in goal. Could well be the best keeper I’ve used.
  • Bob_Bobson
    4090 posts National Call-Up
    Thiago Mendes has been great at cdm. After I got my 15 wins, I changed up my team to get Acuña in. Three games later and I've reverted back... The balance with Mendes simply better.
  • pes1972
    1893 posts Fans' Favourite
    86 showdown Kehrer was better than I could ever expected. Haven´t used him once before this
  • McFandan
    2252 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ruprecht wrote: »
    All the futties were brilliant (haven’t used Messi or Fabregas) but a special shout out to TOTS Navas in goal. Could well be the best keeper I’ve used.

I 2nd this. He’s the first keeper I’ve used in WL that actually made a difference. Made some outstanding saves that I’ve never seen any other goalie make.
  • McFandan
    2252 posts Fans' Favourite
    Futties Vagner was outstanding
  • ZwarteParel
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Martins and Diatta
  • Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional
    Ruprecht wrote: »

Always difficult to find a good GK, TOTS Oblak is pretty solid for me but for the most part the keepers I've had in the past have been prone to a lot of mistakes!
  • Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »
    Thiago Mendes has been great at cdm. After I got my 15 wins, I changed up my team to get Acuña in. Three games later and I've reverted back... The balance with Mendes simply better.

Mendes does look like a great card, it's a shame I only have room for one CDM spot to fill otherwise I probably would have done the SBC!
  • Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional
    McFandan wrote: »
    Futties Vagner was outstanding

Kind of regret not doing the objective now, although Timothy Weah was great for me!
  • Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional
    Martins and Diatta

Used Diatta in my team, his pace is incredible!
  • Gelson our performed my TOTS Ronaldo
  • spy
    2796 posts Fans' Favourite
    Futties Vagner for the games when I used the silver team with 20 goals in 15 and FB Dalbert who was the pick of the other league 1 silvers.

Once I moved to the non-silver league 1 team the stand outs were TOTS Mbappe as I don’t normally get on with him and PTG Verratti. Have to say I was disappointed overall with SS Neymar and Futties Diatta.Although Diatta always does well against me I only got one goal in 13 games. Honourable mentions to Futties Renato and Amavi.
  • Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional
    Gelson our performed my TOTS Ronaldo

Seems quite a few people enjoy using Gelson, shame I didn't do the SBC but didn't feel it would be worthwhile just for a couple of games this weekend!
  • Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional
    spy wrote: »
    Futties Vagner for the games when I used the silver team with 20 goals in 15 and FB Dalbert who was the pick of the other league 1 silvers.

Once I moved to the non-silver league 1 team the stand outs were TOTS Mbappe as I don’t normally get on with him and PTG Verratti. Have to say I was disappointed overall with SS Neymar and Futties Diatta.Although Diatta always does well against me I only got one goal in 13 games. Honourable mentions to Futties Renato and Amavi.

20 in 15 is a ridiculous record, nice job! My main goal scorer was Weah, Kean got a few and Vydra came off the bench and scored a few including a hattrick in one game!

Good to finally see that Verratti has a card that is useable on FIFA, haven't used him myself but heard good things about people who have him!
  • Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional

20 in 15 is a ridiculous record, nice job! My main goal scorer was Weah, Kean got a few and Vydra came off the bench and scored a few including a hattrick in one game!

Good to finally see that Verratti has a card that is useable on FIFA, haven't used him myself but heard good things from people who have him!

• Solari
    2232 posts Fans' Favourite
    Amavi
    the best LB i have used this year
  • tvrfan
    1256 posts Play-Off Hero
    Solari wrote: »
    Amavi

I missed doing him... FML
  • spy
    2796 posts Fans' Favourite

Good to finally see that Verratti has a card that is useable on FIFA, haven't used him myself but heard good things about people who have him!

Weah and Vydra were both good for me too. Weah has 32 in 33 but don’t know how many of those were in the 15 WL games and Vydra got 8 in 11 off the bench.

Scoring definitely wasn’t the problem with the silver team as I got 56 goals in 15 games but the deference ans particularly the keeper made it difficult.
  • forearms
    6304 posts Big Money Move
    Solari wrote: »
    Amavi

I have to say, he was surprisingly very good. I may now find a way to play him in my main team.
  • Europa3114
    617 posts An Exciting Prospect

Clauss is low key the best full back in the game! And not a lot of people know it..

An absolute rock in defence and great going forward. Used him for ages when I was using Kimpembe at CB
  • Dramacydal
    634 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Europa3114 wrote: »

Clauss is low key the best full back in the game! And not a lot of people know it..

An absolute rock in defence and great going forward. Used him for ages when I was using Kimpembe at CB

I play with Ligue 1 every year. And CLauss was great before this guy came out.Both have anchor on them
    G95x78b.png