Thoughts on WL after 6 wins with random Silver Ligue 1 players

SuperJames9005
2090 posts Fans' Favourite
edited August 23
Finally completed the objectives and ends up with 6-6. The experience is actually mixed and would like to share my thoughts and opinions are welcomed.

Update: Finished this week's WL 20-8. (pics in reply)

Record with Ligue1 silver: 6-6
Record with Ligue1 normal team: 14-2

1. Cards matter a lot. I have seen so many posts saying cards do not matter and that’s definitely illusional. As a G1 regular, I usually start my WL with 10-1 or so and then every game is a fight. This week, I start with 0-4. The difference between cards are huge huge huge. With the same hands and same tactics, I played 10 times worse. Passing is the most noticeable one as it becomes random under pressure. Maybe because of their passing stats and horrendous reaction and composure. Another important thing is marking. AI-assisted silver defenders cannot mark tightly, neither do they have the pace to recover. It’s a pain to defend.

2. WL match-making is very unfair. A guy who plays decent can fight his way to 15 wins with each game 50-50. However, someone can play terribly with 0-10 and take advantage of ELO and reach 15 wins with ease. That’s what happened in my case. After 0-4, I get super easy games where I can score 8 to 10 goals each match and ends up with 6-6 super easily. That’s very unfair. If someone wins one, loses one, wins one, loses one... He can still ends up with 6-6 but he must have burnt his ❤️❤️❤️❤️😂 I think that’s the true reason why people saying improving their team doesn’t matter because the matchmaking is designed to be unfair and limit most people around 15 wins unless you are much much much better.

3. Well, Martinelli is the best silver card I have ever used, hat trick after hat trick.😄

E3-E53-E2-C-BF26-476-B-BDE1-2-BF7159-F6-F27.png
0-A4222-AB-E8-E1-4-F77-94-AA-1-FE6-E56-B7-CAB.png
Post edited by SuperJames9005 on

Comments

• SPU004
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    How many silver teams did you face?

Curious about matchmaking before I begin!
  • SuperJames9005
    edited August 21
    SPU004 wrote: »
    How many silver teams did you face?

Curious about matchmaking before I begin!

1 out of 12! I won that match in extra time haha. 6-4 or 5-3 or ? Can't remember the exact score tho.
  • abhreebhu_45
    8220 posts League Winner
    Cards do matter against players around your skill level

Someone who's better than u will beat u,,someone worse than u will lose (most of the times) regardless of the squad
  • SuperJames9005
    edited August 21

Someone who's better than u will beat u,,someone worse than u will lose (most of the times) regardless of the squad

That's definitely not true. I start WL 10-1 with a competitive squad last week while start WL 0-4 with a silver squad this week. There's no way you can use silver defenders to contain and cover SS Neymar etc.
  • abhreebhu_45
    8220 posts League Winner

That's definitely not true. I go from 10-1 to 0-4 with different squads. There's no way you can use silver defenders to contain and cover SS Neymar and Futties Messi.

Maybe those u were winning earlier were players around your skill??
    Who edged u when u used weakened squad?
  • d-Leon307-b
    1296 posts Professional
    Felt the Same

My silver Team has just 2 „gold“ cards
    Vydra and hudson odoi

St juste silver is insane tbh

But its so hard to stop Neymar etc they get so many Rebounds and Lucky goals

Lost to 2 worse Players id easily beat with some faster cdms

Then i played somebody real good 4-3 he won deffo Elite Player
    He wrote me gg After the Game :wink:

• leea12345
    802 posts Semi-Pro
    give yourself a cheap rare gold meta team, and you will find players do not mean much, ea make you think you need top players to win . Your team above has some very basic silvers , I would think that they may matter a little, they are so so low . But a basic gold rare meta team and you are good .

Your skill level is where it is at , I could have packed a 99 meymar, Would i have got more wins than if i just had his rare gold , Not a chance . My skill level was where i was .

No matter when i played wl , my results would be the same gold 3 gold 2 . As long as you got ameta rare gold team and that is cheap, You are pretty good to go .
  • Kennyy
    9028 posts League Winner
    Point 2 is how I play WL

Lose 5 starter games. Win 3 games, lose 3, win 3 etc.

The play it out giving myself a buffer of 1 game to actually lose.
  • SuperJames9005

That's definitely not true. I go from 10-1 to 0-4 with different squads. There's no way you can use silver defenders to contain and cover SS Neymar and Futties Messi.

This is some ridiculous argument that tries to ignore all the fact and stick to your own opinion regardless. I won’t argue with you.
  • SuperJames9005
    Felt the Same

My silver Team has just 2 „gold“ cards
    Vydra and hudson odoi

St juste silver is insane tbh

But its so hard to stop Neymar etc they get so many Rebounds and Lucky goals

Lost to 2 worse Players id easily beat with some faster cdms

Then i played somebody real good 4-3 he won deffo Elite Player
    He wrote me gg After the Game :wink:

I am 100% sure I would have won at least 3 out those 4 matches easily with a half decent team😂
  • Iucas
    179 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 21
    b7194da5d466c26931aa942216512de3.jpg

This was my team Silver ligue 1. 6-3. Very surprised how I beat 2 god teams and they just quit after 3-0 in first half. Didn’t face any silvers nor ligue1 teams.
    I might question now if teams matter tbh.
  • abhreebhu_45
    8220 posts League Winner
    edited August 21

This is some ridiculous argument that tries to ignore all the fact and stick to your own opinion regardless. I won’t argue with you.

Argument ?,,I was just trying to give an opinion here mate,,,but looks like u don't want ppl to give their opinions on your post 🤞
  • McFandan
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Found it to be easier than I expected. Finished 6-6, only played 2 ligue 1 teams and zero silver teams.
    There are some real bad players out there with good squads.

vs 95 rated - easy 4-0 win (1-0)
    vs 96 rated - comfortable 2-1 win (2-0)
    vs 93 rated - comfortable 3-2 win (3-0)
    vs 96 rated - destroyed by SS Neymar and co 6-4 loss (3-1)
    vs 95 rated - 4-3 ET loss, close one I’d have easily taken with a better team (3-2)
    vs 94 rated - 3-2 ET loss, another one I’d have easily taken with a better team (3-3)
    vs 95 rated - destroyed by god squad 6-4 loss (3-4)
    vs 92 rated - easy 7-1 RQ @ HT (4-4)
    vs 95 rated - 5-4 ET loss, another one I’d have easily taken with a better team (4-5)
    vs 95 rated - wild 8-6 win after being 4-0 down @ HT (5-5)
    vs 94 rated - 3-1 loss. Had 2 players sent off in previous game (CB + LM) and paid the price (5-6)
    vs 95 rated - sketchy 3-2 win. Sitting comfortable at 3-0 then had a CB sent off for an AI tackle inside the box. Had to hoard possession at the end. (6-6)

Picks were absolute trash as expected.
    Looking forward to using my stronger L1 team now to pick up the rest of the wins.

• kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    Finally completed the objectives and ends up with 6-6. The experience is actually mixed and would like to share my thoughts and opinions are welcomed.

1. Cards matter a lot. I have seen so many posts saying cards do not matter and that’s definitely illusional. As a G1 regular, I usually start my WL with 10-1 or so and then every game is a fight. This week, I start with 0-4. The difference between cards are huge huge huge. With the same hands and same tactics, I played 10 times worse. Passing is the most noticeable one as it becomes random under pressure. Maybe because of their passing stats and horrendous reaction and composure. Another important thing is marking. AI-assisted silver defenders cannot mark tightly, neither do they have the pace to recover. It’s a pain to defend.

Team doesn’t matter that much within reason. No one is saying you’ll do as well with a bronze team as you would with a 30 mill team. But a meta team for a mill versus a 30 million squad? Not much difference there at all.
  • SuperJames9005
    edited August 22
    kraid wrote: »

Team doesn’t matter that much within reason. No one is saying you’ll do as well with a bronze team as you would with a 30 mill team. But a meta team for a mill versus a 30 million squad? Not much difference there at all.

Played with gold Neymar for Ligue1 objective and won 6 games in a row to get back to +6 ELO. I guess it would take another 5 games before I get back to normal +10 ELO and then games will become challenging again.

Team doesn’t matter if you only want to reach Gold2 or below because the game is designed to cap you around 50%. It helps you if you fall behind and caps you if you go beyond. If you want to go beyond 20 wins, you are not edging it with gold Neymar. You might still achieve it but it definitely takes more skills. There’s no difference only if the player is targeting Gold2 and below. The guy above is saying there’s no difference between my normal 95 meta team with the 73 team I am using, which is a ridiculous argument. I would like to play him if he ever dares to use that silver defenders against my main squad.

89126819-0-AC8-4809-B0-EF-FB1434-EC8-F2-C.png
  • Bananakick
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    If playe
    leea12345 wrote: »
    give yourself a cheap rare gold meta team, and you will find players do not mean much, ea make you think you need top players to win . Your team above has some very basic silvers , I would think that they may matter a little, they are so so low . But a basic gold rare meta team and you are good .

Your skill level is where it is at , I could have packed a 99 meymar, Would i have got more wins than if i just had his rare gold , Not a chance . My skill level was where i was .

No matter when i played wl , my results would be the same gold 3 gold 2 . As long as you got ameta rare gold team and that is cheap, You are pretty good to go .

If that's the case why are we seeing acuna Atal every match?
  • SuperJames9005
    Bananakick wrote: »
    If playe
    leea12345 wrote: »

If that's the case why are we seeing acuna Atal every match?

Those guys who keep saying cards don't matter will never dare to use the rare golds they promote to compete in WL, let alone random Ligue1 Silver. :D
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner

Played with gold Neymar for Ligue1 objective and won 6 games in a row to get back to +6 ELO. I guess it would take another 5 games before I get back to normal +10 ELO and then games will become challenging again.

Team doesn’t matter if you only want to reach Gold2 or below because the game is designed to cap you around 50%. It helps you if you fall behind and caps you if you go beyond. If you want to go beyond 20 wins, you are not edging it with gold Neymar. You might still achieve it but it definitely takes more skills. There’s no difference only if the player is targeting Gold2 and below. The guy above is saying there’s no difference between my normal 95 meta team with the 73 team I am using, which is a ridiculous argument. I would like to play him if he ever dares to use that silver defenders against my main squad.

I don’t agree. All year there have been cheap meta options that perform almost as well as the best players. Futties Atal will get you the same result over a weekend as ss Neymar for 2.5 mill less coins, before that birthday atal would get you the same return as prime r9 for 11 mill less. Early in the game klaiber was pretty much the best cb you could get and he cost like 50k.

I’m not saying you can put any junky players together and beat a 97 rated team. But you could put together a much cheaper team then theirs and still compete.

I think you posted the wrong screenshot btw, that or I missed something 😁
  • SuperJames9005
    edited August 22

I don’t agree. All year there have been cheap meta options that perform almost as well as the best players. Futties Atal will get you the same result over a weekend as ss Neymar for 2.5 mill less coins, before that birthday atal would get you the same return as prime r9 for 11 mill less. Early in the game klaiber was pretty much the best cb you could get and he cost like 50k.

I’m not saying you can put any junky players together and beat a 97 rated team. But you could put together a much cheaper team then theirs and still compete.

Your example is very bad because:

1. Atal has been one of the most OP cards in this game. You are comparing two of the most meta cards. If anything, it only proves card matters.

2. Market price, especially Icons, doesn’t mean anything. The basic supply and demand theory. However, let's take Atal again as an example, his FB card was one of the most expensive cards even with un-linkable nation.

3. I just want to upload an image about my record. I have actually won 9 games in a row since switching back to a more reasonable team from 6-6. So yeah, card doesn’t matter. 😂🤣 What an illusion. Again, if you are always around 15 wins, it doesn’t matter because the system will help you rank up once you fall behind.

0-C569847-3-CEE-4967-BAEF-523-FA089-E65-D.jpg

• EekAlaska
    2526 posts Fans' Favourite
    Struggling to get to 6 wins. The 4 wins I have came against very good teams, but even some of them were a battle.

I'm G3. Might still get there this week, but I want those last 2 silver wins. Played 24 games and haven't faced a single silver team.
  • SuperJames9005
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    Struggling to get to 6 wins. The 4 wins I have came against very good teams, but even some of them were a battle.

I'm G3. Might still get there this week, but I want those last 2 silver wins. Played 24 games and haven't faced a single silver team.

Yeah, it's pretty hard to play with silver teams, especially if you don't have all those juiced up silver defenders and at this late stage where there are only hard core gamers left with 95+ squads. As you can see, I struggle with it at the start as well. :D
  • Ballerson
    1279 posts Professional
    The gk really hurts against a player who’s good w finesse shots outside the box using 99 Messi or Neymar….I don’t move my keeper on long finesse shots and the silver gk is a glaring easy beat from distance;

It’s kinda fun EA threw the silver squad into wl, but its half baked — two squads 20-22 points difference in rating is fundamentally unfair — no problem for me to go up versus a challenge but baseline, the 20-22 rating difference is unfair.

would be far more fun to have smaller tournaments using Silvers…or Bronze — aside from just the enjoyment of the game, there’s no reason or incentive to use silvers or special silvers except to acquire the new cards for objectives.
  • spy
    2580 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ballerson wrote: »
    The gk really hurts against a player who’s good w finesse shots outside the box using 99 Messi or Neymar….I don’t move my keeper on long finesse shots and the silver gk is a glaring easy beat from distance;

It’s kinda fun EA threw the silver squad into wl, but its half baked — two squads 20-22 points difference in rating is fundamentally unfair — no problem for me to go up versus a challenge but baseline, the 20-22 rating difference is unfair.

would be far more fun to have smaller tournaments using Silvers…or Bronze — aside from just the enjoyment of the game, there’s no reason or incentive to use silvers or special silvers except to acquire the new cards for objectives.

Unless you are using standard silvers then it isn’t really a 20 point difference. Futties Vydra and Hudson-odoi are both equivalent to 90+ rated players although some of the earlier silver stars only play slightly higher than the 74 rating.
  • All4fun1991
    2646 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you play all your games you’re likely to finish on your usual rank. Regardless of team or players.
  • rmoxon
    3467 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 22
    If you play all your games you’re likely to finish on your usual rank. Regardless of team or players.

But your “usual rank” might not be where you deserve to be that week. so that just shows how bad the game is.
  • All4fun1991
    2646 posts Fans' Favourite
    rmoxon wrote: »

But your “usual rank” might not be where you deserve to be that week. so that just shows how bad the game is.

I agree but I’m sure many people like myself have experienced in the past where you reach your usual rank and got like 4 to 6 games to spare but lose every single one of them with those funny gameplay.. you just have to pray one of those opponents rage quit..
  • rmoxon
    3467 posts National Call-Up
    rmoxon wrote: »

I agree but I’m sure many people like myself have experienced in the past where you reach your usual rank and got like 4 to 6 games to spare but lose every single one of them with those funny gameplay.. you just have to pray one of those opponents rage quit..

Yeah that happens to me every week :D
  • Batman442
    5985 posts Big Money Move
    After I hit gold 1 I had 3 games left and played them with my silver squad, won 1 of them. I'll play my ranking games next week and the following week with my silver team hopefully I'll get the 5 wins needed
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner

Your example is very bad because:

1. Atal has been one of the most OP cards in this game. You are comparing two of the most meta cards. If anything, it only proves card matters.

2. Market price, especially Icons, doesn’t mean anything. The basic supply and demand theory. However, let's take Atal again as an example, his FB card was one of the most expensive cards even with un-linkable nation.

3. I just want to upload an image about my record. I have actually won 9 games in a row since switching back to a more reasonable team from 6-6. So yeah, card doesn’t matter. 😂🤣 What an illusion. Again, if you are always around 15 wins, it doesn’t matter because the system will help you rank up once you fall behind.

0-C569847-3-CEE-4967-BAEF-523-FA089-E65-D.jpg

When fb atal was first released I bought 5 for like 350k a piece, not one of the most expensive cards at all.

The point I am making isn’t that cards don’t matter at all. The point I am making is that you don’t need an expensive team to compete and once you have a good meta team upgrading players will give you very little overall improvement. The whole “players don’t matter’ argument is usually used against people that call the game pay-2-win, people that assume having a better team = better results.

It’s obvious that you’ll do better with a top team over a silver team, I don’t honestly believe many would argue against that. But as I said before a cheap meta team v a top team will be extremely close and a lot of people don’t realise that.
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    Played 5-6 games with silvers, only won 1. Every game was against a 94-96 squad, even when I was on negative ELO. Pointless exercise with WL matchmaking, made worse by the toxic rats who full celebrate every goal with a 99 pace forward against a silver team even when it's clearly already banding.