VAR

Colesy
341 posts Sunday League Hero
Was kind of hoping to see this added to some degree in fifa 22 🤔

Comments

• bristolbob
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    why? FIFA logic is either foul or not foul, onside or offside, there are no grey areas and interpretation. All it would add is more cutscenes you'd want to skip. I mean the offside cutscenes are annoying enough.
  • Colesy
    341 posts Sunday League Hero
    bristolbob wrote: »
    why? FIFA logic is either foul or not foul, onside or offside, there are no grey areas and interpretation. All it would add is more cutscenes you'd want to skip. I mean the offside cutscenes are annoying enough.

I'm just thinking of them adding more realism
  • L4r14m
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    Could be exciting, too, waiting for the decision, etc. (The referees etc. should anyway make mistakes sometimes.) But yeah, this shouldn’t be too burdensome.
  • Howler19
    1008 posts Professional
    I hope not. Would be dumb as f.
  • flcinusa
    759 posts Semi-Pro
    It's like challenging a refs decision in Madden, it should never work because the CPU should be infallible, but it sometimes does
  • Screamsuppress
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Colesy wrote: »
    L4r14m wrote: »
    Could be exciting, too, waiting for the decision, etc. (The referees etc. should anyway make mistakes sometimes.) But yeah, this shouldn’t be too burdensome.

Hey everyone, I found the guys that watch the beginning cinematics and missed shot replays.
  • L4r14m
    800 posts Semi-Pro

Hey everyone, I found the guys that watch the beginning cinematics and missed shot replays.

Missed shots sometimes yes. But like I said, shouldn’t be too burdensome.
  • TheSupernatural
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Why is that bad? I get being annoyed by opponents in multiplayer dragging things out, but nothing wrong with watching everything in single player. I find some of it immersive (the intro, yes, the replays... not so much)
  • L4r14m
    800 posts Semi-Pro

Why is that bad? I get being annoyed by opponents in multiplayer dragging things out, but nothing wrong with watching everything in single player. I find some of it immersive (the intro, yes, the replays... not so much)

Yeah. I only play career mode. Never tried multiplayer, but I can see how in multiplayer the whole VAR issue might be quite different.
  • Howler19
    1008 posts Professional
    VAR has destroyed enough joy in football as it is. No point introducing it to kill the joy in a video game too.
  • L4r14m
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    Howler19 wrote: »
    VAR has destroyed enough joy in football as it is. No point introducing it to kill the joy in a video game too.

Lol. If they at some point introduce VAR, it probably would make sense to make it optional.
  • bristolbob
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Why would people want to watch a cutscene just to confirm what the ref has already done? Unless you are going to make the refs deliberately make (more) errors.