Who is the "Elite" striker you can never get on with?

SuperJames9005
2090 posts Fans' Favourite
edited August 13
After lying to myself:

"PIM Eusebio is so good and I just need to learn how to use him! Yeah!"

I have given up the idea. Had perhaps the worst WL start in my FUT hisory :'( Last week even my RTG account starts WL with 14-3 and with PIM Eusebio, my main account starts with 5-5. I can barely score with this guy and had to drop him and get back TOTS Benzema and SS Isak. The next game I scored 4 in the 1st half against a decent player :'(

What a let down for me! Meanwhile, PIM Cruyff is great. I do like how it feels when he dribbles.

Comments

• Swanz05
    5378 posts Big Money Move
    I love Cruyff's close dribbling too but I'm the opposite. Prefer Eusebio for him being so reliable in front of goal. For me there's something about Cruyff's shooting I can't get on with. It might be shot power - with the right chem style it's almost maxed but it doesn't feel like it in game.
  • d-Leon307-b
    1296 posts Professional
    Cr7 Tots and Toty
    My favourit Player in real Life
    But in game hes not that what i ordered :neutral:

80 Games 160 Goals 40 assist seems Good but i cant enjoy him playing just enjoy celebrating the goals

Dybala on the Other Side is what i wanted cr7 to be

Hes enjoyable to Play records arent as Good as cr7 ones But i enjoy him More …
  • SuperJames9005
    Swanz05 wrote: »
    I love Cruyff's close dribbling too but I'm the opposite. Prefer Eusebio for him being so reliable in front of goal. For me there's something about Cruyff's shooting I can't get on with. It might be shot power - with the right chem style it's almost maxed but it doesn't feel like it in game.

I don't know when I use Eusebio he just dribbles and turns like a generic player without any custom animation etc. That's way too slow for my liking in tight games. When I do fake shot for speed boost, someone like SS Isak feels way much quicker. I use deadeye on Cruyff and seems decent when I play him False 9.
  • SuperJames9005
    Cr7 Tots and Toty
    My favourit Player in real Life
    But in game hes not that what i ordered :neutral:

80 Games 160 Goals 40 assist seems Good but i cant enjoy him playing just enjoy celebrating the goals

Dybala on the Other Side is what i wanted cr7 to be

Hes enjoyable to Play records arent as Good as cr7 ones But i enjoy him More …

I can use CR7 quite well. I just cannot tolerate his first touch and left stick dribbling...

The only effective way to use him to dribble is to do skill moves non-stop :D
  • Footballer_1000
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    Futties Dybala.

Everyone says he's the most amazing thing to ever exsist, but I find Atal FAR better. I'm trying hard to appreciate him, but it's not exactly easy.
  • SuperJames9005
    edited August 13
    Futties Dybala.

Everyone says he's the most amazing thing to ever exsist, but I find Atal FAR better. I'm trying hard to appreciate him, but it's not exactly easy.

It's a tough comparison. Not because Dybala is not good, but because Atal is really good for sure.
  • MarketBanned
    716 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mbappe atm, turned into a fraud
  • SuperJames9005
    Mbappe atm, turned into a fraud

You might not believe it, but I have two untradeable TOTS Mbappe on the bench... one blue, one red.

I think he is very decent with skill moves and power shots. His left stick dribbling including first touch is nothing more than OK so that's why you might not like him. His passing and headers are not good but he really likes standing at the near post which is funny.
  • McFandan
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pele. Any version, absolutely useless in my hands
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    Mbappe
    Playing RM in my squad, that's where I get the best out of him
  • Footballer_1000
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    Futties Dybala.

It's a tough comparison. Not because Dybala is not good, but because Atal is really good for sure.

Agree. Atal is astounding. But Dybala is meant the be the best player in the game, but he I find he's no where near as good as some make him out to be.
  • Krisp1977
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    Any version of neymar. Just can’t use him
  • Boysie91
    13964 posts World Class
    Futties Dybala.

Same
  • SuperJames9005
    Krisp1977 wrote: »
    Any version of neymar. Just can’t use him

That's a bit rare but I can imagine!
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    Prime r9. He’s clunky and his finishing is bang average compared to tots cr7 or futties dybala. Have even had to put a hawk on him to try and improve it but no luck even though it makes every stat 99. His 94 scored curlers from outside the box regularly, the prime has probably scored 3 in well over 200 games. Play him purely for nostalgia but I know I perform better when he’s not on the pitch.
  • macman85
    371 posts Sunday League Hero
    Anyone with the current online gameplay! Might as well all be bronzes!

In general I can't get on with any version of Messi - he keeps getting bullied by uber strong defenders.
  • Renamed1049161219
    1140 posts Professional
    Swanz05 wrote: »

Agree. Wish I did Eusebio instead of Cruyff

The dribbling is great and has saved me in many games, but there's been a lot of shots that have been pea rollers
  • Theomanny
    2650 posts National Call-Up
    Futties Dybala.

I finally put him into an sbc. He was poo for me. Persistent with him for two wl. Think might be down to gameplay but am not a patient man
  • Mercenary
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gold Mbappe, at least when he was still considered "elite" 5-6 months ago.
  • Danielb
    1360 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cr7 toty without a doubt. I struggle to score or create chances with him yet Dybala is undroppable.
  • ContraCode64
    3795 posts National Call-Up
    I found Eusebio pretty unremarkable, just couldn't get the most out of him. He was good in front of goal, but his actual numbers were poor.
  • Jordonp
    1578 posts Play-Off Hero
    Futties Dybala.

I’m the opposite. Atal doesn’t even make my reserves. He would only make my Ligue 1 team
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    Any Mbappe

And I've just sold PIM Pele after a dozen games, very disappointed. I mean he wasn't bad, averaged just over a goal a game, but for nearly 4m coins he just isn't anything special so not worth it, Puskas and Eusebio outperform him easily for me. Managed to make a small profit even after 200k+ in tax so not bad.