Tonali vs Matthaus

134
Team Sam
3770 posts National Call-Up
Who would you choose as a defensive minded DM?

Comments

  • Izzy2K17
    13760 posts Has That Special Something
    I mean tonalli is free
  • Matthaus is box to box, Tonali is a pure CDM
  • Orison
    72033 posts Icon
    Matthaus is box to box, Tonali is a pure CDM

    Nah. Tonali is just better everywhere.
  • Legend Killer
    1746 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tonali all day.
  • Orison wrote: »
    Matthaus is box to box, Tonali is a pure CDM

    Nah. Tonali is just better everywhere.

    He's not.
  • SuperJames9005
    2494 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think PIM Matthaus and TOTS De Jong are perhaps among the best midfielders of FIFA21. I haven't finished that objective but I strongly doubt he will be any better.
  • pes1972
    1407 posts Play-Off Hero
    Have both, Matthaus feels superior in everything except you can´t get him to stay back, so if that´s what you want go for Tonali.
  • Mdm
    5120 posts Big Money Move
    Hibee wrote: »
    For me it’s way more fun playing with one of the greatest midfielders of all time than a guy who barely starts for Milan.

    Fair point
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    pes1972 wrote: »
    Have both, Matthaus feels superior in everything except you can´t get him to stay back, so if that´s what you want go for Tonali.

    This is exactly why I am doing Tonali.

    Matthaus is a mad man and won’t stay in position.
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2021
    Hibee wrote: »
    For me it’s way more fun playing with one of the greatest midfielders of all time than a guy who barely starts for Milan.

    Paul Scholes is one of the greatest midfielders of all time, but I would be very impressed if you had fun using him in this FIFA.
  • Hibee
    12548 posts Has That Special Something
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    For me it’s way more fun playing with one of the greatest midfielders of all time than a guy who barely starts for Milan.

    Paul Scholes is one of the greatest midfielders of all time, but I would be very impressed if you had fun using him in FIFA.

    Yeah but it’s not like Lothar is bad in FIFA is it so thats not really relevant.
  • Hibee
    12548 posts Has That Special Something
    And also listing Scholes as one of the greatest midfielders of all time is debatable. Not that he wasn’t a great player. But opinions eh.
  • Springveldt
    6907 posts Big Money Move
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    For me it’s way more fun playing with one of the greatest midfielders of all time than a guy who barely starts for Milan.

    Paul Scholes is one of the greatest midfielders of all time, but I would be very impressed if you had fun using him in this FIFA.
    No he's not. :joy: He's not even the best English midfielder of his generation ffs.
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    For me it’s way more fun playing with one of the greatest midfielders of all time than a guy who barely starts for Milan.

    Paul Scholes is one of the greatest midfielders of all time, but I would be very impressed if you had fun using him in this FIFA.
    No he's not. :joy: He's not even the best English midfielder of his generation ffs.

    This is a very hot take.
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    Hibee wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    For me it’s way more fun playing with one of the greatest midfielders of all time than a guy who barely starts for Milan.

    Paul Scholes is one of the greatest midfielders of all time, but I would be very impressed if you had fun using him in FIFA.

    Yeah but it’s not like Lothar is bad in FIFA is it so thats not really relevant.

    It is relevant, because the point is that people use Matthaus because he is good in FIFA, not because he was good in real life. If he was bad in FIFA people wouldn’t use him, regardless of how good he was in real life.
  • murazorr
    1205 posts Professional
    Tonali card was just released. Most of you havent even used him yet.
    By looking at his card he seems pretty good but test him this WL first and then you can talk. imo
  • MarketBanned
    761 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 2021
    Hibee wrote: »
    And also listing Scholes as one of the greatest midfielders of all time is debatable. Not that he wasn’t a great player. But opinions eh.
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    For me it’s way more fun playing with one of the greatest midfielders of all time than a guy who barely starts for Milan.

    Paul Scholes is one of the greatest midfielders of all time, but I would be very impressed if you had fun using him in this FIFA.
    No he's not. :joy: He's not even the best English midfielder of his generation ffs.

    LMAO, two Scottish people capping about Scholes. When the likes of Zidane cite you as one of the greatest to play in midfield, I think I'll go with his opinion over some lads who watch a tinpot league.
  • Hibee
    12548 posts Has That Special Something
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    For me it’s way more fun playing with one of the greatest midfielders of all time than a guy who barely starts for Milan.

    Paul Scholes is one of the greatest midfielders of all time, but I would be very impressed if you had fun using him in FIFA.

    Yeah but it’s not like Lothar is bad in FIFA is it so thats not really relevant.

    It is relevant, because the point is that people use Matthaus because he is good in FIFA, not because he was good in real life. If he was bad in FIFA people wouldn’t use him, regardless of how good he was in real life.

    But in this case you have two players who are great in game. I will always pick the player I preferred in real life. I wouldn’t have made the point if Lothar was great in game.

    And by the way, some do use players because of how they were irl. Same reason I use Dalglish, Maradona and Cantona. There are better players available cheap and even for free. But I get more fun out of those player I grew up watching.

    Almost like your arguing for the sake of arguing to be honest.
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    Hibee wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    For me it’s way more fun playing with one of the greatest midfielders of all time than a guy who barely starts for Milan.

    Paul Scholes is one of the greatest midfielders of all time, but I would be very impressed if you had fun using him in FIFA.

    Yeah but it’s not like Lothar is bad in FIFA is it so thats not really relevant.

    It is relevant, because the point is that people use Matthaus because he is good in FIFA, not because he was good in real life. If he was bad in FIFA people wouldn’t use him, regardless of how good he was in real life.

    But in this case you have two players who are great in game. I will always pick the player I preferred in real life. I wouldn’t have made the point if Lothar was great in game.

    And by the way, some do use players because of how they were irl. Same reason I use Dalglish, Maradona and Cantona. There are better players available cheap and even for free. But I get more fun out of those player I grew up watching.

    Almost like your arguing for the sake of arguing to be honest.

    I’m not arguing, I’m just pointing out that people use who is best in game.

    If Tonali did the job you’re wanting him to do better than Matthaus you would use Tonali.
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    Hibee wrote: »
    And also listing Scholes as one of the greatest midfielders of all time is debatable. Not that he wasn’t a great player. But opinions eh.
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    For me it’s way more fun playing with one of the greatest midfielders of all time than a guy who barely starts for Milan.

    Paul Scholes is one of the greatest midfielders of all time, but I would be very impressed if you had fun using him in this FIFA.
    No he's not. :joy: He's not even the best English midfielder of his generation ffs.

    LMAO, two Scottish people capping about Scholes. When the likes of Zidane cite you as one of the greatest to play in midfield, I think I'll go with his opinion over some lads who watch a tinpot league.

    Yeah I didn’t even realise it was up for debate.

    Scholes was one of the most incredible midfield players the sport has ever seen and I thought pretty much everyone agreed on that.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    Hibee wrote: »
    And also listing Scholes as one of the greatest midfielders of all time is debatable. Not that he wasn’t a great player. But opinions eh.
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    For me it’s way more fun playing with one of the greatest midfielders of all time than a guy who barely starts for Milan.

    Paul Scholes is one of the greatest midfielders of all time, but I would be very impressed if you had fun using him in this FIFA.
    No he's not. :joy: He's not even the best English midfielder of his generation ffs.

    LMAO, two Scottish people capping about Scholes. When the likes of Zidane cite you as one of the greatest to play in midfield, I think I'll go with his opinion over some lads who watch a tinpot league.

    Zidane requested they sign Gerrard to play alongside him. Sure he was nice about Scholes when asked about him though.
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2021
    Hibee wrote: »
    And also listing Scholes as one of the greatest midfielders of all time is debatable. Not that he wasn’t a great player. But opinions eh.
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    For me it’s way more fun playing with one of the greatest midfielders of all time than a guy who barely starts for Milan.

    Paul Scholes is one of the greatest midfielders of all time, but I would be very impressed if you had fun using him in this FIFA.
    No he's not. :joy: He's not even the best English midfielder of his generation ffs.

    LMAO, two Scottish people capping about Scholes. When the likes of Zidane cite you as one of the greatest to play in midfield, I think I'll go with his opinion over some lads who watch a tinpot league.

    Zidane requested they sign Gerrard to play alongside him. Sure he was nice about Scholes when asked about him though.

    Now Gerrard was an overrated player.

    Loads of passion, but spent as much time running about like a headless chicken as he did playing football.

    Gerrard was also a diving git. Scholes didn’t dive.
  • Hibee
    12548 posts Has That Special Something
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    For me it’s way more fun playing with one of the greatest midfielders of all time than a guy who barely starts for Milan.

    Paul Scholes is one of the greatest midfielders of all time, but I would be very impressed if you had fun using him in FIFA.

    Yeah but it’s not like Lothar is bad in FIFA is it so thats not really relevant.

    It is relevant, because the point is that people use Matthaus because he is good in FIFA, not because he was good in real life. If he was bad in FIFA people wouldn’t use him, regardless of how good he was in real life.

    But in this case you have two players who are great in game. I will always pick the player I preferred in real life. I wouldn’t have made the point if Lothar was great in game.

    And by the way, some do use players because of how they were irl. Same reason I use Dalglish, Maradona and Cantona. There are better players available cheap and even for free. But I get more fun out of those player I grew up watching.

    Almost like your arguing for the sake of arguing to be honest.

    I’m not arguing, I’m just pointing out that people use who is best in game.

    If Tonali did the job you’re wanting him to do better than Matthaus you would use Tonali.

    No I wouldn’t. Did you not just read what I wrote!?
  • mox08
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    So lots of heated threads about things not related to the topic.

    Can i ask is thurs usually only MM? Anything we can expect?
  • Hibee
    12548 posts Has That Special Something
    Hibee wrote: »
    And also listing Scholes as one of the greatest midfielders of all time is debatable. Not that he wasn’t a great player. But opinions eh.
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    For me it’s way more fun playing with one of the greatest midfielders of all time than a guy who barely starts for Milan.

    Paul Scholes is one of the greatest midfielders of all time, but I would be very impressed if you had fun using him in this FIFA.
    No he's not. :joy: He's not even the best English midfielder of his generation ffs.

    LMAO, two Scottish people capping about Scholes. When the likes of Zidane cite you as one of the greatest to play in midfield, I think I'll go with his opinion over some lads who watch a tinpot league.

    Actually said he was a great player. Wouldn’t be in my top 10 but like I said, opinions. Didn’t even insult the guy ffs.

    May be Scottish but Iv watched a lot of football since the 80s. Man I forgot how many fannies there was on this forum 😂
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    And also listing Scholes as one of the greatest midfielders of all time is debatable. Not that he wasn’t a great player. But opinions eh.
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    For me it’s way more fun playing with one of the greatest midfielders of all time than a guy who barely starts for Milan.

    Paul Scholes is one of the greatest midfielders of all time, but I would be very impressed if you had fun using him in this FIFA.
    No he's not. :joy: He's not even the best English midfielder of his generation ffs.

    LMAO, two Scottish people capping about Scholes. When the likes of Zidane cite you as one of the greatest to play in midfield, I think I'll go with his opinion over some lads who watch a tinpot league.

    Zidane requested they sign Gerrard to play alongside him. Sure he was nice about Scholes when asked about him though.

    Now Gerrard was an overrated player.

    Loads of passion, but spent as much time running about like a headless chicken as he did playing football.

    Gerrard was also a diving git. Scholes didn’t dive.

    Haha although I think you are wrong about Gerrard football wise - I think he is the best English player since Gascoigne...

    I do agree he was a diving git. And he never got criticised properly for it. Much like Harry Kane gets away with regularly diving all game with little criticism from the media.
  • Orison wrote: »
    Matthaus is box to box, Tonali is a pure CDM

    Nah. Tonali is just better everywhere.

    He's not.

    There isn't a single position in which loddar would be better. Literally none.
  • Hibee
    12548 posts Has That Special Something
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    And also listing Scholes as one of the greatest midfielders of all time is debatable. Not that he wasn’t a great player. But opinions eh.
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    For me it’s way more fun playing with one of the greatest midfielders of all time than a guy who barely starts for Milan.

    Paul Scholes is one of the greatest midfielders of all time, but I would be very impressed if you had fun using him in this FIFA.
    No he's not. :joy: He's not even the best English midfielder of his generation ffs.

    LMAO, two Scottish people capping about Scholes. When the likes of Zidane cite you as one of the greatest to play in midfield, I think I'll go with his opinion over some lads who watch a tinpot league.

    Zidane requested they sign Gerrard to play alongside him. Sure he was nice about Scholes when asked about him though.

    Now Gerrard was an overrated player.

    Loads of passion, but spent as much time running about like a headless chicken as he did playing football.

    Gerrard was also a diving git. Scholes didn’t dive.

    You a Man Utd fan by the way? Possibly a tad biased. I’m no fan of Gerrard since he is Rangers manager, but I would have him in my team before Scholes.
  • Orison wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Matthaus is box to box, Tonali is a pure CDM

    Nah. Tonali is just better everywhere.

    He's not.

    There isn't a single position in which loddar would be better. Literally none.

    He’s much better as a box to box CM, people just looking at stats are clueless. Try them both out as box to box CMs and see which does the business.
Sign In or Register to comment.