Messi Summer Stars ? Is this card as good as in FIFA20 and before?

Maximus AK47
2403 posts Fans' Favourite
Hi lads.

We all know its the end of FIFA 21. fadding out.

I had Messi card every FIFA before FIFA 21. I tried Messi gold/ than TOTY/TOTS this year and didnt like them. Had to sell. Despite I am a big fan of his talent IRL.

Now I got only 1.3 mill coins left . If I do a bit of trading/ getting weekly rewards, I might buy him next week.
I want to use him as CAM/CF.

Well, the main question is , is MESSI SS card is the real game changer? Does he feel similar to previous year ? (Super fast and agile dribbling, deadly long shots and finess, hard to push off the ball , etc...)

If you used this SS Messi card, please leave your feedback. Highly appreciate is lads!

PS: My fav CAM/CF this year is Neymar... Gold/IF... this card is just outstanding.... I do hope SS Messi will be better than him.... really hope so.

Comments

• Maximus AK47
    No comments?.... :o
  • I SiR MartY I
    9341 posts League Winner
    Well, the main question is , is MESSI SS card is the real game changer? Does he feel similar to previous year ? (Super fast and agile dribbling, deadly long shots and finess, hard to push off the ball , etc...)

Yes

71 GP
    99 G
    113 A

From CAM, insane player, feels like im cheating with him in the team
  • Damo_Suzuki
    3242 posts National Call-Up

Yes

71 GP
    99 G
    113 A

Is he a noticeable upgrade from the TOTS?
  • Swanz05
    5140 posts Big Money Move
    I'm enjoying him a lot & correct me if I'm wrong but the 99's the strongest (in terms of strength stat) ever so yeah he's harder to bully than last year's TOTSSF.

• I SiR MartY I
    9341 posts League Winner

Yes

71 GP
    99 G
    113 A

Is he a noticeable upgrade from the TOTS?

Never tried the TOTS sorry
  • Maximus AK47

Yes

71 GP
    99 G
    113 A

Thanks man. Great stuff. Looks like what I want from this card.

Those questions sound obvious but i didnt like all previous versions of his card (despite my avatar pic)
    I hope to get him and give him a go after this WL.
  • Scotchy09
    404 posts An Exciting Prospect
    His champions League card 95 CF ain't that much diff from SS one and price is decent
  • D0lvl
    4444 posts National Call-Up
    I now have his totgs and used to have his tots. I don't notice a difference. Still a great finesse shot, still have sticky dribbling.
  • Me, an aggressively average player, can’t even find him on the pitch. For me it’s no upgrade from NIF. But I never do well with the best cards. Give me PIM Ronaldo, I’ll make him a blind walrus.
  • Maximus AK47
    Scotchy09 wrote: »
    His champions League card 95 CF ain't that much diff from SS one and price is decent

well duddy, you d better compare both cards on futbin. I am sure it will tell you how wrong you are in your statement
  • Sctt78
    388 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’ve just used him for this weekend league and played 15 games with him at CAM in a 4-1-2-1-2. Don’t get me wrong he’s decent but I feel atal is just as good and free so back on the market he goes.
  • macman85
    329 posts Sunday League Hero
    Me, an aggressively average player, can’t even find him on the pitch. For me it’s no upgrade from NIF. But I never do well with the best cards. Give me PIM Ronaldo, I’ll make him a blind walrus.

I sold my totgs Messi. Was completely anonymous and outmuscled at every opportunity. I'm not a skiller though, I tryto pass with varying success. SS Isak on the other hand is a god, carried my La Liga team. Probably the only guy I'll use regularly and most were just awful in the horrible gameplay (even TOTS Valverde who I've had as a red for ages).
  • Maximus AK47
    any other feedbacks lads? I bet many played Messi this WL with Laliga requirements
  • truegunn3r
    12102 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 25
    Amazing card. I use him as a RCAM. Don’t forget to give him an Anchor, trust me. 89 heading, 98 jumping and 99 strength. Who ever thought Messi would one day get a card with 99 strength?
  • starfox1284
    3606 posts National Call-Up
    Messi is not a top meta card this year
  • Maximus AK47
    Messi is not a top meta card this year

Thats what I felt about him all year, with TOTY/TOTS not as good as last year Messi.

Just hoping SS card is at least close to previous years