Players behind the power curve

Saiber_Summia
2574 posts Fans' Favourite
It is a bit disappointing to have to assess that great cards, desired all year long, now that are accessible from price perspective, are basically not anymore “useful” because of performances.

Just as an example, prime Cruyff (1,9Mio now) or Toty Mbappe (2,2Mio now) are basically less useful than a boat in a wood 😂 and finally I will have to renounce to have them in my team

Which are your “regret” cards?

Comments

• NonFlyingDutchman
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    It is a bit disappointing to have to assess that great cards, desired all year long, now that are accessible from price perspective, are basically not anymore “useful” because of performances.

Just as an example, prime Cruyff (1,9Mio now) or Toty Mbappe (2,2Mio now) are basically less useful than a boat in a wood 😂 and finally I will have to renounce to have them in my team

Not sure how you define your “power curve”, but I can assure you that both prime Cruyff and TOTY Mbappe would slide right into the starting 11 of most fut squads out there, including mine.
  • Destin8or
    5143 posts Big Money Move

Not sure how you define your “power curve”, but I can assure you that both prime Cruyff and TOTY Mbappe would slide right into the starting 11 of most fut squads out there, including mine.

Prime Cruyff is on my bench, Mbappe I'd think about it if I packed him, but generally I hate him.
  • Jimmi855
    246 posts Sunday League Hero
    Completely disagree with your comment.

We all know a card should not be based on Stats alone, and Cruyff will undoubtedly perform far superior to almost any other card significantly below his price due to animations and 'hidden stats '

For example, NIF Neymar, is still one of the best wingers ( IMO ) under 500k. His movement and other stats will almost always out perform any new 95 rated shiny promo card. Of course there are exceptions but i think this is the norm.

Also, even then i don't see them as useless, I would far rather play with a prime Cruyff then a player that i have never heard of regardless of the stats
  • NonFlyingDutchman
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    Destin8or wrote: »

Prime Cruyff is on my bench, Mbappe I'd think about it if I packed him, but generally I hate him.

:astonished:
    Well, I haven’t tried neither, so can’t really argue with you. But must say I’m surprised, especially considering Cruyffs double 5 star and lean body type. Would love to try him out!
  • Destin8or
    5143 posts Big Money Move

Well, I haven’t tried neither, so can’t really argue with you. But must say I’m surprised, especially considering Cruyffs double 5 star and lean body type. Would love to try him out!

Misses everything when your counting on him.
    He was fantastic in previous years.
    The shot power and balance really show this year.
  • Saiber_Summia
    2574 posts Fans' Favourite
    Jimmi855 wrote: »
    Completely disagree with your comment.

We all know a card should not be based on Stats alone, and Cruyff will undoubtedly perform far superior to almost any other card significantly below his price due to animations and 'hidden stats '

For example, NIF Neymar, is still one of the best wingers ( IMO ) under 500k. His movement and other stats will almost always out perform any new 95 rated shiny promo card. Of course there are exceptions but i think this is the norm.

Also, even then i don't see them as useless, I would far rather play with a prime Cruyff then a player that i have never heard of regardless of the stats

See your point, and agree the stats are not “everything”, nevertheless my comments was triggered by the in game comparison (factual? better say my perception) between some of the top cards with much cheaper and unknown ones.

As an example, for me the new ASM outperforms e.g. Dinho, or I experienced R94 not being more effective than an obscure FDF random striker card

Maybe will not be true for all cards, undoubtably, but it is not difficult to find more examples.
  • Europa3114
    469 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yet I'm more psyched to get my PIM Eusebio tomorrow after rewards than any other card they plan to release..

He's going to be incredible in my team 😍
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    I remember Icon Swaps 1, and there were people talking of Prime Koeman as "endgame". Don't think I've used him since Christmas.
  • starfox1284
    3606 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 21
    TOTY Mbappe is literally top 3 player in the game......he starts no matter what and is a snip at 2.2m. Since I have PIM Cruyff who is miles behind TOTY Mbappe, I can say that I can see how his prime is behind the curve.
  • what3v3r
    959 posts Professional
    Cruyff is not very good this year unfortunately , but TOTS Mbape shines as a winger for me
  • Th3DirtyPriest
    1142 posts Professional
    what3v3r wrote: »
    Cruyff is not very good this year unfortunately , but TOTS Mbape shines as a winger for me

As a winger? 😲 What formation and team do you use if he is a winger? I packed tots red mbappe last week and trying to find his best place.
  • abhreebhu_45
    6614 posts Big Money Move
    Some of earlier icons

Prime kaka
    Pim ballack 😥
    Pim deco

Even pim essien n Zambrotta aren't amongst the best now in their positions
  • EekAlaska
    2525 posts Fans' Favourite

Misses everything when your counting on him.
    He was fantastic in previous years.
    The shot power and balance really show this year.

Had the PIM 2 years ago and he was meh at best. 5* WF has been so overrated its ridiculous.
  • Delboy13710
    9742 posts League Winner
    Some of earlier icons

Prime kaka
    Pim ballack 😥
    Pim deco

Even pim essien n Zambrotta aren't amongst the best now in their positions

Zambrotta is defo still better then generic juiced RB like Paredes . Something about him i really like he will stay until the end .

But my POTM Messi feels behind the curve now 😭
    I think its because defenders are so fast now they can catch you even when your in behind .
  • what3v3r
    959 posts Professional
    what3v3r wrote: »

As a winger? 😲 What formation and team do you use if he is a winger? I packed tots red mbappe last week and trying to find his best place.

I play 4 - 4 -2 actually, so not exactly a winger. I play him as LM , Dembele Rm and Neymar and Firmino in the attack. He tends to be a little less clinical as a striker as one would like, but coming from the left you can use his dribble and pace and he gets into some good positions. He wins me many games by himself
  • macman85
    353 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm going to sell that totgs Messi during weekend league. He just can't hack it with defenders/cdms with 99 strength and 90+ pace. I'm not a skiller, so not really my kind of card. Eventually tots Benzema will go there instead as I can green link him.