What’s the FIFA deal with ratings for players like Anthony Martial (among others)?

MDR123456
460 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited July 20
What’s the FIFA deal with rating for players like Anthony Martial (among others)?

Is their rating just based on potential. I mean has he every strung together 2-3 good games? I think he’s at 20 league goals in like five years or so. Not to mention the injuries.

Is it just ManU/EPL/France nonsense? Theories?

Comments

• RadioShaq
    18555 posts Moderator
    They use talent scouts for ratings. Probably be better off just using pace as the indicator.
  • knofakes
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    Martial's gold basic card should've been at least 87 or 88 rated. I guess EA assume that when some of the best players aren't popular with the youths anymore they'll underrated them. Same with Aubameyang, he's carried the pitiful Gunners for the last 3 years and hasn't lost a step. His gold card should be going up not down. Easily 91 rated not 87.
  • MDR123456
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    They use talent scouts for ratings. Probably be better off just using pace as the indicator.

Yeah, I get that, but why is it so wrong/off year after year? His base gold card is nowhere close to RL consistency.

Plus, that being said there’s that out preform there base card, again IRL, and their card doesn’t move. Even when EA notices it themselves. There’s been player that have won TOTW/M, some more than once a season, and their base gold doesn’t move the next year.
  • MDR123456
    knofakes wrote: »
    Martial's gold basic card should've been at least 87 or 88 rated. I guess EA assume that when some of the best players aren't popular with the youths anymore they'll underrated them. Same with Aubameyang, he's carried the pitiful Gunners for the last 3 years and hasn't lost a step. His gold card should be going up not down. Easily 91 rated not 87.

Why should it be 87 or 88, based on what stats?
  • knofakes
    MDR123456 wrote: »

I'm not using a fancy titled pseudo-science here but from watching him play and in comparison to players who are rated higher yet perform less.
  • MDR123456

I'm not using a fancy titled pseudo-science here but from watching him play and in comparison to players who are rated higher yet perform less.

So, this year, with 6 goals and 6 assists in 43 games- what should it be fifa 22?
  • truegunn3r
    12291 posts Has That Special Something
    Surprised he didn’t get a single special card this year
  • Jshartman
    216 posts Has Potential To Be Special

He was awful this year ...should have been 82 rated
  • knofakes

So, this year, with 6 goals and 6 assists in 43 games- what should it be fifa 22?

He was injured this year so I'd keep it the same or view his practices to be accurate.
  • Bob_Bobson
    1443 posts Professional
    They have literally just given a 93 rated card with 90 stamina and 90 pace to a 54 year old and you're on here questioning the reasoning behind Anthony Martial having an 84 base card... 9 months after the game came out? Absolutely stupid.

If you're going to go on a Man Utd troll, at least try and be a bit more up to date.
  • MDR123456
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »
    They have literally just given a 93 rated card with 90 stamina and 90 pace to a 54 year old and you're on here questioning the reasoning behind Anthony Martial having an 84 base card... 9 months after the game came out? Absolutely stupid.

If you're going to go on a Man Utd troll, at least try and be a bit more up to date.

Yeah, that’s something completely different. I’m talking start of the game gold base, which is as “IRL” this game gets- and I’m not really singling him out. He’s just an example among a few. Both directions. It seems inconsistent. Expect it the tends to lean EPL and France, not to mention Manu has or has had a few.
  • MDR123456

If you're going to go on a Man Utd troll, at least try and be a bit more up to date. [/quote]

Aww…muffin
  • Destin8or
    5092 posts Big Money Move
    A thread about Martial having an 84 card, really?
    It's hardly that high, he scored 17 goals in 32 games in his only season playing properly as a striker.
    This year he's been injured and in bad form.
    An 82 card would be absurd.
    84 is fine, and should go up if he finds fitness and form next season.
  • MDR123456

Destin8or wrote: »
    It's hardly that high, he scored 17 goals in 32 games in his only season playing properly as a striker.

Again, this isn’t about singling put him, but your actuality making the point. One good season and he’s at 84. Why was he ever at 82? Overall his been a bust. For years he was subpar and maintained an 81/82 card.

Again, there’s players that excel in a season and never move up 2 to 3 higher. I predict an 83 next season. So that’s one good season out of the last 5.
  • BettySwollocks
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    23 goals for Manchester United the season before this game was released. Hence the 84 rating. Think that’s pretty self explanatory.

Suspect he’ll be downgraded to 81/82 next year.
  • BettySwollocks
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    Destin8or wrote: »

Again, this isn’t about singling put him, but your actuality making the point. One good season and he’s at 84. Why was he ever at 82? Overall his been a bust. For years he was subpar and maintained an 81/82 card.

Again, there’s players that excel in a season and never move up 2 to 3 higher. I predict an 83 next season. So that’s one good season out of the last 5.

He’s pretty consistently got 10 goals a season from the left wing in the Premier league.

Either a troll or a Liverpool fan. Or both.
  • nightscrawler
    237 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    23 goals for Manchester United the season before this game was released. Hence the 84 rating. Think that’s pretty self explanatory.

I think so too. Shall be downgraded to 81 I think in FIFA22.
  • Bob_Bobson
    1443 posts Professional

I think so too. Shall be downgraded to 81 I think in FIFA22.

I think 81 is probably fair based on his drop off this season.
  • Riotiga
    1009 posts Professional
    Couldnt care less about rating, but that guy should have Low/ Low workrate if you are basing his card on his irl performance.
  • David12344
    14305 posts Has That Special Something

Agree on auba. Course I do I’m a Arsenal fan.

But martial has struggled a lot last two seasons.

It’s the rumour that Varane is 88 and haaland is 87 Or 86 that bugs me.
  • All4fun1991
    2351 posts Fans' Favourite
    But Martial should be having a tots and every other special cards. Do you want to tell me that saint maxima deserved every single promo card…This is FIFA and every Op player is usually ❤️❤️❤️❤️ when you watch them play.