Ukrainian fifa coin farm discovered - 3800 PS4s mining fifa coins

OfficerJimlahey
1902 posts Fans' Favourite
edited July 2021

Clear evidence that fifa currency has real world value. Organised crime gangs are getting involved.

Comments

• Jordonp
    3341 posts National Call-Up
    “Cheap and reliable coins”
  • Tster101
    458 posts An Exciting Prospect
    How did they set up PlayStation to farm coins in such a way? Asking for a mate
  • Boffa
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    I once saw some prices for coins and since they actually sells them for that price then it's no wonder that it has become a big business.

So i'm not surprised if organized crime is involved.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    Boffa wrote: »
    I once saw some prices for coins and since they actually sells them for that price then it's no wonder that it has become a big business.

So i'm not surprised if organized crime is involved.

How ea can claim they have no real world value is beyond me! Surely this house of cards has to come tumbling down!
  • hhoverflow
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    Of course there is value.

There was an EA employee adding cards in your account for ❤️❤️❤️❤️ tons of money,

Nobody remembers that? :D
  • OfficerJimlahey
    hhoverflow wrote: »

There was an EA employee adding cards in your account for ❤️❤️❤️❤️ tons of money,

I actually almost forgot about that. There’s too many scandals to keep track of.

It further diminishes ea’s claim that there is no real value in fifa points. It’s big business. This should work against them but they continue to get away with it. Only a matter of time, mate 😂
  • Boffa
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero

No :lol:
    EA did their job with making this disappear well.
  • knofakes
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lol
  • MDR123456
    615 posts An Exciting Prospect

Clear evidence that fifa currency has real world value. Organised crime gangs are getting involved.

Crypto not FIFA coins. SMH
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    That’s crazy. But makes total sense.

How will ea combat this ? I mean it’s clearly not the only one and it can’t continue, it must be bad for business right ?
  • OfficerJimlahey
    MDR123456 wrote: »

No. It was thought to be crypto initially

• CeeQue
    15313 posts World Class

This was specifically for FUT. They had some 400 consoles picard.png that's some level of organization.
  • bberger
    7837 posts League Winner

It was originally believed to be a crypto mining farm. But as more details came to light it turned out to actually be a FUT coin mining farm (seriously, no joke and not kidding here).
  • OfficerJimlahey
    bberger wrote: »

It was originally believed to be a crypto mining farm. But as more details came to light it turned out to actually be a FUT coin mining farm (seriously, no joke and not kidding here).

Absolutely unreal isn’t it. Fifa currency is big business

• Kennyy
    11069 posts Has That Special Something
    Wonder how they actually generate coins though
  • TheMightyBee
    4069 posts National Call-Up
    Hard to believe there are that many people who buy coins to make 400 PS4's worth it.
  • I SiR MartY I
    15822 posts World Class
    edited July 2021
    Kennyy wrote: »

I could be completely off the mark but it could be setup to invite each other to games automatically, then the game gets played out while both consoles are technically AFK and then they both get match coins for the draw.

You only get like 500 coins a game for 15m of your time

But you churn that out 24 hours a day over 3800 consoles and it adds up.

1440 minutes in a day, assuming the game is played with no stops and is around ~15m thats 96 games a day being played per console

500 coins per game x 96 games played = 48000 coins per console per day

48000 coins per console*3800 consoles = 182m coins a day in total

At least that's what google calculator says :joy:

edit: I'm not condoning this or suppoting it in any way, just want to make that clear, just a theory.
  • Boffa
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hard to believe there are that many people who buy coins to make 400 PS4's worth it.

Probably much bigger than we thought. At least much much bigger than i thought it could be.
    A quick google search and checking the first advert brings me to one of the sites and it even has 4.4 rating from more than 18k reviews on trustpilot.
  • Kennyy
    11069 posts Has That Special Something

I could be completely off the mark but it could be setup to invite each other to games automatically, then the game gets played out while both consoles are technically AFK and then they both get match coins for the draw.

1440 minutes in a day, assuming the game is played with no stops and is around ~15m thats 96 games a day being played per console

edit: I'm not condoning this or suppoting it in any way, just want to make that clear, just a theory.

A mil coins is currently £45, obviously that will fluctuate throughout the year.

So that’s 8k a day “market value” :joy:

Cheapest PS4 on CEX is £175. At that price rate they would break even after 83 days.

Obviously they will have built it up over time, and none of this covers their overheads, but it is clearly very lucrative.

Anyone got a spare warehouse?
  • xCDHx
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    Krasi will need to find a new sponsor for his YouTube videos now.
  • Springveldt
    6944 posts Big Money Move

A mil coins is currently £45, obviously that will fluctuate throughout the year.

Cheapest PS4 on CEX is £175. At that price rate they would break even after 83 days.

Obviously they will have built it up over time, and none of this covers their overheads, but it is clearly very lucrative.

At the start of the cycle it's like £100 per 1M though isn't it? If they are generating 200M coins a day then it's pretty lucrative.

Also, you might generate coins quicker if you play friendlies then have 1 client quit at the start each time. I'm sure EA have a limit on how many games per day you can earn coins from though, so you can't farm 24/7.

I'm not sure when the leaderboards reset but the highest earner in match coins for this week is 395K already.

Not sure how much overheads there are when you stealing your electricity from the power plant next door.
  • Springveldt
    I wonder if it's accounts like these that are buying the manager contracts? After seeing the article the other day I put up all my non-rare gold manager contacts for 250/300 and they all sold within a couple of hours.
  • grogans_heroes
    2768 posts Fans' Favourite
    All that and they still can’t complete Gullit…
  • OfficerJimlahey

At the start of the cycle it's like £100 per 1M though isn't it? If they are generating 200M coins a day then it's pretty lucrative.

Also, you might generate coins quicker if you play friendlies then have 1 client quit at the start each time. I'm sure EA have a limit on how many games per day you can earn coins from though, so you can't farm 24/7.

I'm not sure when the leaderboards reset but the highest earner in match coins for this week is 395K already.

Not sure how much overheads there are when you stealing your electricity from the power plant next door.

Exactly, this is an extremely lucrative business. It’s telling that they chose fifa points instead of crypto currency!
  • leea12345
    1151 posts Professional
    transfer bots i reckon
  • Gainzy
    1445 posts Play-Off Hero
    leea12345 wrote: »
    transfer bots i reckon
    Not likely on consoles, I’d have thought coding bots on a PC platform would be easier.
  • Springveldt
    edited July 2021
    Gainzy wrote: »
    leea12345 wrote: »
    transfer bots i reckon
    Not likely on consoles, I’d have thought coding bots on a PC platform would be easier.
    Auto buyers will use the web api and run on PC’s. If you have programming experience it’s pretty easy to write a basic bot. Obviously most of them will be fairly sophisticated at this point as EA have really limited the number of requests per account. Most of the “commercial” bots will be controlling hundreds of accounts and cycling through them to use the requests.

EA bragged about having over 40 million active FIFA accounts a couple of years in a shareholder meeting but I’d bet at least 75% of them are bot accounts.
    Post edited by Springveldt on
  • hhoverflow
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    Boffa wrote: »

No :lol:
    EA did their job with making this disappear well.

Indeed.

It cannot be forgotten though.

A google search for "EA employee allegedly caught putting Icon Moments onto account in exchange for money" brings to the correct page! :D

Not to mention of course, the Steam reviews for Fifa are all fake, from their indian support people... lel