PS4 controller vs XBOX1 controller

RealBmo7
498 posts Sunday League Hero
So I moved over from a ps4 to xbox1 (I've always been a ps guy up until I really wanted to try the legends on fifa).

I found a big difference on my game play when using both controllers. I have a cronusmax dongle that allows me to play with a ps4 controller on the xbox1.

What I found with the PS4 controller - Easier to play the passing game with and defend,
Xbox 1 controller - Bigger but easier to dribble with and pull off skill moves but played a less passing game. Harder to defend maybe do to the size of the controller and pressing multiple buttons at once.

It's weird for one half I played with the ps4 controller and all I was doing was passing with the odd skill move here and there. If felt as is if the sticks aren't as sensitive whilst dribbling and would often run in straight lines. Then the second half I used the xbox1 controller, the sticks felt very sensitive and I was able to actually dribble for once in all angles and go on runs...My passing game was cut and all i found myself doing was dribbling and skilling. I did try and play the passing game but it just didn't work out with the xbox1 controller.

I prefer the ps4 controller, maybe because i've used it for a very long time and not used to the xbox1 controller. But the point i'm making is both controllers changed the way I actually played, weird or what!

Comments

• Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up
    That's certainly an interesting observation. I personally can't bring myself to getting an Xbox, despite there being legends, as I'm a) also not a fan of the controller at all, and b) I'd only be using it for FIFA exclusively (and I've already preordered for PS4).

• RealBmo7
    498 posts Sunday League Hero
    That's certainly an interesting observation. I personally can't bring myself to getting an Xbox, despite there being legends, as I'm a) also not a fan of the controller at all, and b) I'd only be using it for FIFA exclusively (and I've already preordered for PS4).

Saying that, I found the xbox1 controller to be more effective on games like cod...
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm biased because I've owned every PlayStation over the years and their controller design and shape has barely changed so I'm very much used to it. But whenever I play on Xbox with mates I find it a bit chunky and less comfortable. And aesthetically I just don't like seeing the non-symmetry of the analog sticks. Looks ugly.
  • Marleigh
    2295 posts Fans' Favourite
    When I moved from ps4 to xbox one it took me around 50 games to get comfortable with the xbox pad. For some reason I find shooting easier/more accurate on xbox, no idea if thats the pad or the game.
  • I liked the 360 controller to death, but I didn't really fancy the One controller all that much although the console was broken the moment I bought it so I barely used it. The clicky sound was kinda annoying. I felt like the PS4 was definitely more conformtable, however the build quality is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ poor. If you don't use caps you'll wear out your analog sticks and both my L2 and R2 buttons are broken and I don't feel that pressure anymore if that makes sense.

I am probably going to buy an Xbox when Fifa 16 is out. I am also sure that Microsoft actually allows third party controllers which is a big + for me as I used those Razr controllers for a long time on my 360. I don't know if they got them for One though
  • The Legend
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    Microsoft already created the new "Elite" controller for XB1 which will be available soon on market.
    It's better than the current one.
    Also, the Cronusmax device is a very nice & efficient way to use ps4 controller or even xb360 controller on XB1.

This shouldn't stop anyone from getting the XB1 if they want, and I totally agree with the OP that Ps4 controller is better for FIFA.
  • Clint Eastwood
    3252 posts National Call-Up
    Is there a dongle like that to use an Xbox controller on a ps4?
  • The Legend
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is there a dongle like that to use an Xbox controller on a ps4?

Yes, same device "Cronusmax" do it, google it & understand how it works first.