Just won my first online game!

Corkysquid47
160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Well chuffed.
An emphatic 5-1 win with my Brazil team so I've cracked open an afternoon kronenbourg to celebrate.
I know it's not much but had to share popping my virginity 😀

Comments

• abhreebhu_45
    6619 posts Big Money Move
    👍
  • Seanregal
    1944 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lol congrats man. I actually remember being nervous when I ventured into online play. Had that weird butterfly feeling and everything, it soon gets 🧓
  • Dutch3723
    1473 posts Play-Off Hero
    Congrats buddy - we all got to start somewhere. Enjoy the win, and the beer!
  • Corkysquid47
    I only started when it came on gamepass, I've played rivals one game a week so I get the rewards and get relegated slowly.

Managed to only lose 3-1 the last time I did it to a team in div 7 which somehow had 5 red fut cards way above my best players but Ive been doing the icon objectives in squad battles and got some extra Brazil players and gave it a shot.
  • Corkysquid47
    Hoopsterz wrote: »
    Seanregal wrote: »
    Lol congrats man. I actually remember being nervous when I ventured into online play. Had that weird butterfly feeling and everything, it soon gets 🧓

soon to be replaced by a knot in your stomach as your Neymar falls over the ball for the second time in 5 minutes while Ronan McKinley waltzes through your team and slots it from 90 yards.

😂 Neymar I wish! I had a knot in my stomach all second half, every game before I've collapsed in the second half 🤦
  • David12344
    14388 posts Has That Special Something
    Niceeeeeeee.

Enjoy your cold beer 🍺
  • Hoopsterz
    2948 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hoopsterz wrote: »
    Seanregal wrote: »

soon to be replaced by a knot in your stomach as your Neymar falls over the ball for the second time in 5 minutes while Ronan McKinley waltzes through your team and slots it from 90 yards.

😂 Neymar I wish! I had a knot in my stomach all second half, every game before I've collapsed in the second half 🤦

Grats on winning buddy.

Here's to many more!

I don't play much but when i do im lucky if im not losing 5-0 in the first half these days!
  • Corkysquid47
    Lol finished my beer played another game, scored and the ref blew it back for a penalty which got saved 🤦 promptly collapsed as per normal. Recorded it for posterity. Love it
  • CheeseSlice
    1661 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lol finished my beer played another game, scored and the ref blew it back for a penalty which got saved 🤦 promptly collapsed as per normal. Recorded it for posterity. Love it

Show us your team
  • Captain_Emirate
    989 posts Professional
    Good for you ..
    Congratulations 🎉

I played Nation pride yesterday with Italian squad, past and present cards wearing Italy kit.

Although i have better brazil squad
    But played with them before

Enjoyed the matches so much ,,
    Also tried some new FOF SS Italian cards

Done ✅ the objective in 4 matches all wins out of 10, gave the rest 6 to opponents,,

Enjoy the Game 🎮
  • Destin8or
    5143 posts Big Money Move

Show us your team

Yes mate let's see that team!

Will be no criticism, everyone has their level.
  • Corkysquid47
    Destin8or wrote: »

Show us your team

How do I post pics on here, will take a photo and upload
  • Congrats 👏
  • RichT
    468 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Well chuffed.
    An emphatic 5-1 win with my Brazil team so I've cracked open an afternoon kronenbourg to celebrate.
    I know it's not much but had to share popping my virginity 😀

Nice one. I was like that last FIFA, just after Xmas.
    Was too afraid to try online for ages.

Whilst it's difficult now because many reasonable people have left. But once in a while a close match with someone that does exploit everything leads to a match that, win or lose is good fun.
  • keith210277
    3626 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 14
    Congrats
  • Kaptentegel
    1179 posts Professional
    🍻
  • Corkysquid47
    edited July 15

Show us your team

IMG-20210715-094721847.jpg

Heres the team 😀
  • Selgarr
    1525 posts Play-Off Hero

I have really struggled with penalties in fut 21. I must have taken well over 100 and I think I have scored about 5 :lol:

I am good with free kicks though, I have scored over a hundred of them :lol:

Still haven't scored from a corner though. You know how you cross it in and someone scores with a shot or a header? Haven't managed that yet from over 2,000 matches. Must be because I don't bother with changing any tactics or player instructions or anything like that :lol:
  • Destin8or
    5143 posts Big Money Move

Show us your team

Heres the team 😀

All Brazil, I like it.
    Going forward you need to get some pace at the back.
    That mina objective card would fit in at RCB, though obviously not Brazilian.

Also I would switch formation, maybe 5 at the back, with a proper LB and RB
    Very attacking formation currently, which from what you tell me, is suicide at the moment until you get your level up.
  • RangerCraig
    3107 posts National Call-Up
    I'll have a krony too, celebrate together;)

Any excuse for a beer...
  • Mmandras
    5693 posts Big Money Move

Show us your team

Heres the team 😀

Oh... How many game have you played this season?
  • RangerCraig
    3107 posts National Call-Up
    Selgarr wrote: »

I have really struggled with penalties in fut 21. I must have taken well over 100 and I think I have scored about 5 :lol:

Still haven't scored from a corner though. You know how you cross it in and someone scores with a shot or a header? Haven't managed that yet from over 2,000 matches. Must be because I don't bother with changing any tactics or player instructions or anything like that :lol:

Score from corners like every other game, put it on 1 for corners,
  • Grandad44
    23 posts Ball Boy
    This thread gives me hope for the community, lots of encouragement and help instead of toxicity. I only moved from career mode and offline squad battles a couple of years ago myself, it’s a bit daunting at first but you soon get into it. Good luck I hope you stick with it
  • Selgarr
    1525 posts Play-Off Hero

Score from corners like every other game, put it on 1 for corners,

Just looked at Tactics for the first time. Have changed Corners to 1.

What do you do for Players in box? I'm on the default 5 out of 10.
  • Corkysquid47

I haven't scored a single free kick coming up to 300 matches, I've done the tutorial challenge thing a million times but it just constantly goes to the keeper.

Wish I could upload the video of how I got the penalty, was so stupid how the ref pulled it back rather than keep the advantage of actually scoring.

I've scored quite a few of corners by controlling the receivers and running round in circles. Thiago Silva scored a curling shot from the edge of the box earlier when the ball dropped to him 😀
  • Corkysquid47
    edited July 15
    Mmandras wrote: »

Show us your team

Heres the team 😀

Oh... How many game have you played this season?

10 in one nation, 4 wins, 2 losses and 4 giveaways for the first time.

Played 1 game of rivals a week to keep my rank, 7 now rather than 6 where I started.

About 230 squad based matches between pro and world class dependent on the ai
    Started when it came on gamepass
    Post edited by Corkysquid47 on
  • keith210277
    3626 posts National Call-Up
    Futties is a good time to get some cheap players @Corkysquid47 with lots of promo cards being rerelased.
  • Corkysquid47

Show us your team

Heres the team 😀

All Brazil, I like it.
    Going forward you need to get some pace at the back.
    That mina objective card would fit in at RCB, though obviously not Brazilian.

Also I would switch formation, maybe 5 at the back, with a proper LB and RB
    Very attacking formation currently, which from what you tell me, is suicide at the moment until you get your level up.

Yass! Thanks for the tips, this was For the one nation challenge so it's pretty much all my highest Brazilian cards. I used to have a few more but I put them in the kimmich SBC which I started while drunk. 😂

Managed to get my 4 wins from 6 matches, 1 went to overtime and gave away the others.

Would have liked to do the current SBC Brazil striker but there now way I have a 97 squad and another to put in.

I tried a five at the back in squad battles but often found that when attacking I ran out of options quickly, as often I'm having to play counter. My defending definitely needs improvement when one on one. I'm pretty good at swamping the ball though by running everyone back, more legs = more blocks 😂
  • Corkysquid47
    Futties is a good time to get some cheap players @Corkysquid47 with lots of promo cards being rerelased.

I have some FIFA points which I used some Xbox reward points on as there was a festival of football card in a pack and I struggle with coins. Most of my packs are untradable so never get anything from those either.

I have loads of 79-80 rare gold's but nothibg that I can see what to do with them. There was an sbc the other week which I got rid of lots.

Every freaking pack I open guaranteed I will get a dupe of one or more of these so I can't open any more until I deal with them, often I have to bin them which as a hoarder I hate